Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Creek Progressives

All,
    Just a short note to advise that any authentic meeses or companies looking for a home for the 140th Cedar Creek event should drop me a line at ltcolcsa@hotmail.com

The LR is portraying the 20th SC, and is brigaded with 4 other CS campaign/authentic battalions in the Independant Legion, under the Command of Mike Hendricks of the IVR.

It is looking like we will have over 450-500 members of this brigade, and will be quite a sight to see.

Anyone looking for a home will not find any better.

Impression guidelines for the 20th are as follows-

Hat - Good Civilian hat Preferred, Kepi’s Allowed but Discouraged, if worn should be of English Army Cloth.

Coat - RD III in British Army Cloth is highly encouraged, with RD II (jean, satinette) allowed.

Shirt - Civilian or CS issue or English import.

Trousers - RD Pattern made of English Army cloth preferred, jean is acceptable as well, with US issue trousers acceptable, but highly discouraged.

Shoes -- CS, Civilian or US Issue Shoes, NO BOOTS

Accoutrements - CS issue Belt, with roller buckle, forked tongue or frame preferred, with British pattern or civilian belts acceptable. CS or US issue Cap pouch/Cartridge box or English version thereof, Bayonet with scabbard, US Issue Canteen and Blanket Rolls out of US/CS Civilian Blanket preferred, with US Double Bags acceptable. Shelter Halves are encouraged as well as US issue Ground Cloths. Haversacks should be US Tarred Issue.

Weapons – 1853 Enfield, 1861 Springfield, Richmond Rifle Musket. Bayonet's required.

The drill for the battalion will be Hardee's Revised.

Background information and other misc info will be posted on the LR web site next week.

Pards,
    S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"

Re: Cedar Creek Progressives

Pards, I have had meetings with Suzanne concerning the campaigner presence at CC this year. At the urging they moved us from down by the creek up to the front. To emphasize what Chris has stated that 400-500 campaigners will be a sight to see. Also, remember that this is an event for preservation! Bully,

Comment

I will be there. It should be an awsome event, Im looking forward to seeing such a big group.

Comment

Post deleted per moderator's request. Thanks.

Rich Croxton
        Last edited by Gallinipper; 09-10-2004, 08:26 AM.
        Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Working...
        X