Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Style Events in 2005?

Hi everybody

Being from Germany I do not have the chance too often to attend an event in the US but I really would like to go during the 2005 season (Jan - Dec). Me and some other guys in our group would be interested to hear about good campaign style events next year. We normally portray Confederate ANV or Federal Army of the Pottomac but I for my part would be willing to invest for a good Western Theater event as well. I would prefere something that is longer than just a weekend since we obviously have quite a far journey to get there.

thanks
    Uwe
    Uwe Zankl
    A Co. 5th VA Inf.
    Mittbach/Germany

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/anj4de/AVATACWklein.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Campaign Style Events in 2005?

Uwe, check out this thread for some possibilities

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ead.php?t=3191
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Uwe

Here is an idea.

Since you are coming such a long distance, you may want to pick a good western event and an eastern event a week apart (if possible) and use the time in between to tour battlefields.

Viel Gluck!
      Last edited by hireddutchcutthroat; 05-26-2004, 02:01 PM.
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Originally posted by hireddutchcutthroat
        Uwe

Here is an idea.

Since you are coming such a long distance, you may want to pick a good western event and an Eastern event a week apart (if possible) and use the time in between to tour battlefields.

Viel Gluck!

Hey Robuht--
        I noticed you capitalized "eastern" but not "western". Intentional slip? ;)

Rich Croxton
        Troublemakers Mess
        Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Gallinipper
          Hey Robuht--
          I noticed you capitalized "eastern" but not "western". Intentional slip? ;)

Rich Croxton
          Troublemakers Mess
          Oops, If it had been intentional it would be the other way around :wink_smil
          Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Originally posted by hireddutchcutthroat
            Oops, If it had been intentional it would be the other way around :wink_smil
            HAHA That's the style!

Rich Croxton
            Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Working...
            X