Averasboro-Bentonville March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Averasboro-Bentonville March

Just so happens that the march falls on my spring break, and I want to start planning now for it (IL to NC is a nice haul). Any more information for the event other than the dates?- various searches have yielded none. Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark Krausz
    William L. Campbell
    Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
    Old Northwest Volunteers
    Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Re: Averasboro-Bentonville March

Is such an event/march being planned by and for campaigners? I haven't heard of it for 2005...

Comment

I thought there was one being thought out. According to the thread:

and to the recent "Which Event will you most likely attend in the year 2005" poll, I was made to believe there was one in the planning. :confused_
      Mark Krausz
      William L. Campbell
      Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Wishing for an event won't necessarily make it happen. I've seen guys "talking about" a Bentonville march or campaigner adjunct for 2005, but haven't heard of anyone actually stepping forward to organize, run, and promote such an event/adjunct.

Sometimes events that are considered likely are tossed onto one of those calendar/look-ahead event listings just to get the weekend on the radar screen. This may have been the case for Bentonville/Averasboro 2005. Certainly there's been several campaigner adjuncts associated with Averasboro 1998, 1999, Bentonville 2000, and Averasboro 2001.

Comment

Well then, I hope there's an event in March 2005. If you hear of anything, please do forward any information. Thanks,
          MTK
          Mark Krausz
          William L. Campbell
          Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

I just stumbled across the link today for the Bentonville event.

The last event back in 2000, I know Dom of the AoP organized the march into the event. I have not seen or heard of anything being planned for the 2005 event. I was with Chad Green's Army of the Tenn. Battalion there back in 2000. I must say it was an awesome event. Even if there is no march, I still recommend that you go.

Currently there is a group of us starting on putting together a company for the event next March, from SW Ohio, N Ky, and SE IN. So if anybody might be interested campaiging with a bunch of Buckeyes from the Queen City let me know.

Chris Edwards
            Gibson House Mess
            Battery G, 4th US Light Artillery
            Batavia & Ohio Rail Car Co.
            www.batavia-and-ohio.com <<<Want to see what a reenactor does with his free time.
            Last edited by tenthovi; 08-07-2004, 12:58 AM.
            Christopher D. Edwards

"The fight we had the other day has taught me one thing, and that is never carry anything more with me than I absolutley need and can carry on my back in case of necessity. It will not do to try to play soldier and gentleman at the same time....You must take it rough."
            The Gibson House Mess

Comment

We just had are mid-season meeting for the IVR this weekend at City Point. The IVR is in discussions on the Bentonville event, there will be more information to come. Respectfully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(secretary/treasurer IVR)

Comment

Working...
              X