Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ad Hoc Federal company for McDowell '05.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad Hoc Federal company for McDowell '05.

Gents,

I never thought I'd be making a post like this, but I'm raising a company of Federals for McDowell. We will be (assuming they'll take us) a part of the Potomac Legion's battalion - the 82nd Ohio, if I remember correctly. So far, I have some YMICs from all over the US. I don't want anyone to forgo attendig with their home unit, but if you need a home in a truly campaign-oriented company (even if this is yout first "history heavy" event) you'll be welcomed.

We will have a listserv, our own forum, a triple secret handshake, and all of the things needed to raise a company. If you're interested, shoot me an email at teamsterphil@aol.com, post something here, or head on over to the OTB.

Phil Campbell
    Phil Campbell

Re: Ad Hoc Federal company for McDowell '05.

Phil:

Count me in with you fellas if you'll have me. I can't commit for the rest of Mess #1, but the mere fact that you made this post (after I got over a brief bout of the giggles) was more than enough to get my attention. Hell yeah. I'm game.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Comment

Phil,

It's official. The inmates are running the asylum. :sarcastic

You do realize the mere mention of a well oiled and highly efficient 30-35 man ad hoc infantry company of strays and raggamuffins from the literary chowder society known as the Off Topic Boys Forum & assorted recently paroled friends could cause a number of lofty minded individuals to just jump up and decide to do Johnny Reb for the very first time at McDowell? Stranger things have happened out there in CW event land! :tounge_sm

If the Columbia Rifles don't vote to attend McDowell 2005 for some odd reason, then I'll probably see you on the far left flank of this here fine company over where the short fellers stand. That being said, you should have no problem finding stray cats and 2-3 member messes looking for a home a McDowell 2005. With Bill's "Company I" doing their thing as a de facto headquarters company, this would be a good substitute home for the folks who are new (FTBEs) to this sort of campaign style thing.

Methinks you just opened a can of tuna. :wink_smil

Charles Heath
      Marvels At The Massive Improvements
      [B]Charles Heath[/B]
      [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

It just occured to me that some potential recruits for my comapny at McDowell might be hesitant to serve under an officer that they only know as a teamster.

Since 1997, I have been commanding the Olathe Union Guard, a progressive Federal infantry company based in eastern Kansas. We have served under the Frontier Brigade in quite a few local events. In 1999/2000 we started working with Cal Kinzer to create a Federal umbrella organization. At a couple or three events in 2000/2001 we put 40+ man companies on the field. I served as Lt. at two of them. In December of 2000, Cal turned over command of this burgeoning organization to me. My tenure was cut short by a move to Delaware. By the time I returned, the momentum was gone.

I am now involved in the Army of the Trans-Mississippi, attempting to do the same thing, but with a dual impression.

Phil Campbell
        Phil Campbell

Comment

Phil,

Not to worry too much about that. We all know who really runs the company - the NCOs.

kicking names and taking ass,
          Joe Smotherman

Comment

Phil,

Interesting you should mention Cal Kinzer, father of The Hardcracker Handbook and certainly one of the icons of the hobby. Wasn't their group impression the 55th Ohio Volunteer Infantry at some point (may still be)? Been so long I can't remember. Sorry I missed him at TAG, but it was nice seeing him over by the mill and at the ATM meeting at Athens.

The reason I ask is the order of battle appears to indicate the 82nd OVI was brigaded with the 55th OVI (7 companies) under Schenck at this point in the war. It's a nice connection with the boys from Oklahoma, if so.

I wonder if a Friday adjunct to the former Mower Lumber Co. would be in order.

Charles Heath
            "Thirty-Four Miles in Twenty-Three Hours"
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

you know something i think the mentioning of OTB on here scared a lot of potential recruits to the Dutch company because they have like two pages worth already and we got maybe five posts on here. I think on a good fourm like this, OTB is like blasphimey or something you know you say it and everyone is like OMG he just said "otb" off with his head. But anyways just tryin to get some attention to this thread

John Beaver
              Supporting phils company 75%

Comment

Working...
              X