• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day on the March ~ LBL ~ Nov 4 & 5, 2006

November 4th & 5th 2006
    A Day On The March
    Land Between the Lakes
    Put on by The Independence Mess of the Hard Case Boys.

This is a Federal only event. We will be portraying 83rd Illinois Infantry, returning from patrol. We WILL be covering a lot ground, (more than the last LBL) so treating this as a campaign type event would be wise. There were many times when the 83rd was on foot marching from one place to another. We will be portraying a typical situation as such, moving somewhat fast, getting from one point to another. We would like to cover around 15 miles. With this event, we WILL be "Pushing the Envelope."

The main focus of this event is to experience covering a lot of ground in a short ammount of time.

There is a $10 registration fee which will include food rations. Additional funds will go towards Preservation of Fort Donelson.

For more information, go here http://members.tripod.com/~HardCaseBoys/www/DayontheMarch.htm
    direct any questions to myself at farbnomore@aol.com

Timothy Arnold
    Timothy L Arnold
    Top Rail Mess of the Hard Case Boys

Hard Case Boys forum

Re: A Day on the March ~ LBL ~ Nov 4 & 5, 2006

This just in....

John Duffer will be our commanding officer for this event. Look for him to set the pace as we tramp across the land.
    Timothy L Arnold

Hard Case Boys forum

Comment

I just wanted to throw this out again. We are coming up on the weekend. The weather looks great, and all planning on coming are very motivated to complete the march. If anyone else is interested, please let us know!
      Timothy L Arnold

Hard Case Boys forum

Comment

For those few of us who participated, it was a great weekend.

The weather was superb, the terrain was challenging (for at at least one or two of us :) .) and the fellowship was outstanding.

In a 26 hour period, we covered 16 miles (confirmed) with a likely two or three more miles thrown in there as well.

Josh Fieldhouse did an outstanding job of leading us along the many ridges, trails and creek beds.

To those who put this together... Thank you, and well done!
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

I have to say Brian, it was great to do a march of that caliber with you. If it wasn't holes or vines grabbing our legs, it was rocks trying to break our ankles. We drank from the creeks and made our way on the trail again. We made it through a forced march. Good times fellas
          Timothy L Arnold

Hard Case Boys forum

Comment

It was a good weekend... but I fear that my inactivity over the past few months contributed to my slow pace on many of the hills and at the end of the longer stretches. I need to cover more of the long distances.

Still... the distance we covered was admirable.
            Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Brian, did you get those pics on the computer yet?
              Timothy L Arnold

Hard Case Boys forum

Comment

Check you e-mail.
                Brian Hicks
                Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

Working...
                X