Perryville: Thanks to Jim Conley and the Medich/MLK fellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perryville: Thanks to Jim Conley and the Medich/MLK fellas

A great thanks for an event that went beyond my expectations goes to Jim Conley and the fellas I did the living history with. What a great bunch of guys who I hope I get to fall in with sooner than later. Hopefully my real world obligations will not make it another two years before I can get to another event of this caliber. I really got a charge meeting younger guys like Jim and Pat, to name only a few of a bunch of first rate fellas, who are really excited about this hobby to same degree my pards and I were when "we were thread-counters once, and younger…" This made 20 years of Perryville for me (not consecutive); the 125th was my first time there. So this was a grand occasion for me.

A personal thanks and good wishes goes to the Medich Battalion, 3rd company, and the respective Officers and men. Seven of us from the living history participants fell in rather in a rather unorthodox manner with them at the last moment in order to participate in the Sunday battle. This was in no way how any of us had planned to go about things. After we passed the initial sniff test of the Major, we snapped right in and had a grand time. The MLK fellas and the field music were superb and I hope to cross paths with them in the future. My only regret is that I never found time to do some fifing with the field music, but the living history obligations kept us rewardingly busy.

Regards
    Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Re: Perryville: Thanks to Jim Conley and the Medich/MLK fellas

6th Tn Pic. Resized.
    Attached Files
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joni House[/FONT]

Comment

Re: Perryville: Thanks to Jim Conley and the Medich/MLK fellas

Still not a complete representation, but here is another taken during a visit by the lovely Anna Allen.....
      Attached Files
      Jay Stevens
      Tater Mess
      Independent Volunteers
      Iron Man Mess
      Reenactor Preservation Coalition
      Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
      Lost Tribes, October 2009
      Bummers, November 2009
      Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
      The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
      In the Van, August 2010
      Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Working...
      X