Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaigning in Louisiana

All,

We have added a link on the Banks' Grand Retreat homepage- www.banksgrandretreat.com entitled "Campaigning in Louisiana." It's a really interesting account from Captain William DeForest, a company commander in the 12th Connecticut.

Excellent stuff chock full of colorful recollections as well as a fine recounting of the miseries of campaigning in the Pelican State under Comissary Banks.

Hope you all enjoy and if you haven't yet, get those registrations in.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by Gallo de Cielo; 12-01-2006, 10:36 AM. Reason: Wrote Louisiana rather than Connecticut.
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Re: Campaigning in Louisiana

Er, that scource would be 12th Connecticut methinks.
    Bob Williams
    26th North Carolina Troops
    Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Bob,

Indeed. I guess I had Louisiana on the brain. DeForest has now rejoined his comrades in the 12th Connecticut.

Cordially,
      Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Mr. Baker,
        These errors and mental slick spots are certainly a sign of your mental condition weakening to the point that a Bowie to the gut would be an act of humanity, thus relieving you of the pangs of forgetfullness.
        Last edited by Old Reb; 12-01-2006, 10:53 AM. Reason: spilling
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Working...
        X