Who moved Bank's Grand Retreat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who moved Bank's Grand Retreat?

Can someone tell me why this event was moved from the Immersion category to the Semi Immersion? There is nothing semi about Banks' Grand Retreat. We will be in first person the entire time and there are no, repeat no, modern anything near the event.

If this is not immersion, what is?
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Re: Who moved Bank's Grand Retreat?

Doug,

Easy, mule. Don't let Cranky Season sneak up on you.

As I understand it, some of the rooms here about are being repainted, some plaster and lath replaced, and the big pieces of furniture are being moved about to get this accomplished. Look for some very positive changes in the next month or so.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Doug,

Must be that bottle of Clorox I added to the packing list yesterday to scrub the 'vault toilets' near the civilian area .

Guess I'll have to strike that and rely on vinegar and lime, like Mama told me to.
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Everyone--things are going to be a little "upheaved" for a bit with some reorganization and move to new (non-crashing!) servers. Expect events and event folders to be rearranged, sorted and temporarily moved over the next few weeks. It'll settle down soon. :)
        Regards,
        Elizabeth Clark

Comment

[Quote Joaquin] Seems like threads aren't the only thing that get moved around. I tried to pm my old friend Tom Yearby, who was listed as one of the coordinators for BGR, and found that his account had been suspended. Tom and I long ago were in the now defunct 17th Louisiana, so I called him and all he would tell me was a disagreement was the cause. Seems odd that a key person for an immersion event would be thrown aside. Is there a plot against BGR that I don't know about? Just curious.[/Quote]

No Joaquin, no plot--there really was a disagreement with the moderators, and you know Uncle Tom always stands whatever ground he's taken, whether advantageous or not.

As Chawls said, they are simply moving the furniture around a bit here--its been a mighty rough fall for the folks who deal with the technical aspects of the site. This site is a vital part of our community, and we all need to cut slack while the site is getting reworked.

In the meantime, Tom can be found on the Banks Grand Retreat site. And I'm outside trying to figure out how I'm going to secure all these empty whiskey barrels that will soon be BGR water barrels----there are way too many college students in my neighborhood casting covetous eyes upon them. :tounge_sm

Kind Regards,
          Last edited by Spinster; 12-15-2006, 11:12 AM.
          Terre Hood Biederman
          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Now I get it. Furniture has been well moved...and this thread can be removed if the mods deem it so.
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
            X