13 Days Until Registration Closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13 Days Until Registration Closes

Same for us in Iowa. Can't wait to arrive in the Sunny South!
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I haven't seen sunshine in over a month.

Reporting live from the Sunny South.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Twenty-two here this morning but the sun is coming out. I haven't seen the sun in over a month. Yep, sunny South!
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Old Reb View Post
          Mr. Butler's event is being called Encampment at Pittsburg Landing, and as I am certain you know, is actually at Shiloh. The Shiloh event that is being referred to is the mainstream event held at the same time as BGR at some place close to Shiloh.:)
          Much better said, Tom. Thank you for interpreting. All about supporting the actual sites and c/p/h'ers can support it, then (like pards Hicks and Duffer). In the meantime, here is an event catered especially to the discriminating hardcore, to revitalize him. There will be at least 8 months of cozy events with modern intrusions to get our fill in after this. Last year some folks drove over 26 hours for a mid-summer semi campaigner event at Rich Mountain, but we don't have an opportunity for one mid summer this year. (Since that was the last one, looking forward to seeing the folks who attended/hosted that one, at this one. Been to long....)

I'm really starting to get enthused about this one as well. Hope Rob Hodge is going to make it as well as he really wants to make this one and we're doing all we can to help him get his work stuff wrapped up to make it so. BTW 5 degrees this morning here on the Missouri river, but hey, we have sun! Can't believe I am saying this but I am rather looking forward to heading down to this event for some humidity and warm weather! Gonna be like a Carribean vacation! :wink_smil

Best Regrads
          Jay Stevens
          Tater Mess
          Independent Volunteers
          Iron Man Mess
          Reenactor Preservation Coalition
          Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
          Lost Tribes, October 2009
          Bummers, November 2009
          Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
          The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
          In the Van, August 2010
          Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Damn southern propaganda! I knew that sunny south stuff was a bunch of bunk. :)
            22 degrees! Did you go swimming?
            Nathan Hellwig
            AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
            "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Dear Friends,
              Just to continue the meteorological theme of this thread, we've had a beautifully sunny day in London, clear blue skies all day with a strong hint of Spring. And February is forcast to be much of the same.
              The excitement is mounting in the international contingent. We had our AGM of The Lazy Jack Mess a few days ago and, once the formal side of the day was complete, our discussion was focused on BGR; flights, ground transportation, hotels, getting muskets through Brit and US Customs, kit choices, cell phones that work in the US, and so on. All is under control and we can't wait!!!!!
              To those of our US friends who are still pondering their participation let me give you an international perspective as to what this events offers. The LJs normally participate in one or two US events in any one year. Things like Mansfield, Franklin, Corinth etc. These events normally attract maybe six or so of us who can afford the time and expense to come across. Such is the unique offering of BGR, a once in a lifetime event for many of us, that 17 of us, yes 17 are making the trip. Not to be offensively financial about this but it will mean a group expenditure in well in excess of $20,000 and every single cent will have been worth it many times over. In our group we have those in their late teens through to veterans (like "The Old Major") all utterly committed to the Authentic cause.
              I realise that in the US vacation time is much more restrictive than in Europe which must be a limiting factor for many of you. But please consider the exceptional, almost unrepeatable quality of this event and make every effort to join us if you can. It would be difficult to imagine a more immersive opportunity than BGR. If for no other reason, simply being with hundreds of "the best of the best" would make it worthwhile.
              We plan to be on site and "live" on the Tuesday. Join us!!!!
              Warm regards,
              Partick Reardon,
              The Lazy Jack Mess, UK

Comment

Mr. Reardon,

Which impression will most of you fall in as?

Federal or Confederate?
                Brian Hicks
                Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Mr. Hicks,

Tragically you and Mr. Duffer will be without the services of The Old Major, Mr. Reardon, as they will be supplying much of the manpower for the Lazy Jack/Ground Hornet company.

Because these men are such tigers in battle, I was forced to give Admiral Duffer charge of the horse-drawn artillery.

As Mr. Readon so eloquently put it- with so many coming from so far at such expense, it's high time the fellows on this side of the ocean match their level of commitment.

Regards,
                  Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

The Old Major will be marching with me! Or I will be marching with him. Which ever is the case, but I don't want to beat on some almost dead horses, but if fellows are coming from Europe and the Left Coast of America, it seems folks could find a way to come from much closer. Hope they do, but time is running out for registering. Get registered, or get left behind.
                    Tom Yearby
                    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Greetings,

I haven't joined the talk about this event, as I've had other commitments and have been frantically trying to get out of them. My Air Force unit has an Operational Readiness Inspection the week of 17 Mar-24 Mar. This is where we get to wear Chem Warfare gear while we do our jobs and dodge simulated missiles etc.

Any of you military guys can relate that getting out of an ORI is next to impossible, and I won't be getting out of this one. Just wanted to throw that out there, so when I'm MIA those of you who know me will know why.

Best of luck to you. My suggestion is to post that registered list ASAP, as it will be guaranteed to get a few fence-sitters down from their perch once they see who else is going.

Mike Phineas
                      Arlington, TX
                      Mike Phineas
                      Arlington, TX
                      24th Missouri Infantry
                      Independent Volunteer Battalion
                      www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Mike, if we don't see you, after all your support at so many past events and your great attitude, we would just assume you have either been kidnapped by aliens or your country called. We will miss you!
                        Soli Deo Gloria
                        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
                        X