Photos from BGR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from BGR?

Now I know that cameras weren't allowed at the event (officially) but photos were indeed taken. I've seen the pics from the Lazy Jacks, but I'm sure that there are more out there that could be posted for all to enjoy.Folks, if you have them, please share them.
    Ron Moen
    Co.A, First Texas Infantry (Retired)
    CWPT
    E Clampus Vitus

Re: Photos from BGR?

One of my favorite pictures the Frenchies took was the one filling canteens where you can actually see the water in the creek where we were drinking from. Mmmmmm... And I thought the my morning "sloppy joes" were just from all that greasy salty pork.

GOD WILLS IT!!!

Jon O'Harra
    Heartless Bastards Mess
    Jon O'Harra
    Heartless Bastards Mess

Comment

Here are the "Babes in the Woods" we were all so fond of...surveying the Texans and Suckers at the end of the march.
      Last edited by DougCooper; 03-23-2008, 02:33 PM.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

And Ron, this is one of you and Brooke Gibson - obviously "pre-march."
        Attached Files
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

Comment

I saw Brooke last weekend and his shoes aren't brown anymore. The mud you guys marched in turned them nearly black.
          Tristan Galloway

Comment

Originally posted by tsgalloway View Post
            I saw Brooke last weekend and his shoes aren't brown anymore. The mud you guys marched in turned them nearly black.
            Actually that was probably from the black burned over areas we marched through. Brooke is one of those superb soldiers where BGR before and after photos don't register much of a difference...:D
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper View Post
              Actually that was probably from the black burned over areas we marched through. Brooke is one of those superb soldiers where BGR before and after photos don't register much of a difference...:D
              Ah, that could be. He attributed the color change to the natural dyes in the mud.
              Tristan Galloway

Comment

Here are some images I uploaded to my flickr.
                Attached Files
                Anna Allen
                <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
                [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

The gray mud and the yellow mud were nothing compared to the red mud(clay) that we would have found on the northern section of the trail. When I hiked the route following a rain in February it was take a step, lift three pounds of clay, scrape it off, take another step and repeat the process for about three miles. I was hoping that those that attended BGR could experience the real mud and the real hills of Kisatchie, but so it goes.
                  Tom Yearby
                  Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Ah, yes, my lovely "mountain woman" pose. I'm not really that big and tall, but next to you two cute lil' thangs I look postively Junoesque. I look like I just came down from the hills!
                    Ginger Lane
                    Arlington, Texas

Comment

Oh, pshaw, Miss Ginger! Actually one of the French lads got a really beautiful video of you singing at the Confederate officers & staff mess:

I only wish the sound were better so folks could hear your voice. You really brought a tear to many an eye that evening. It was just lovely.
                      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
                      [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

Folks, I wish I could have come along.

I've immensely enjoyed reading of this adventure, and shifting my persona to the Victorian Age perhaps would have allowed me to escape the trials of my current life.

Thank you to all who have sent their kind regards at my absence from the federal ranks. My dear sister (just a year older than I) went to heaven in the days preceding BGR, following her long and brave battle against cancer. She was always a bemused supporter of my WBTS habit since the days when we were kids in the Centennial, and I miss her greatly.

Respectfully,
                        Paul Hadley
                        There in spirit but had to fall out platoon
                        Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul,

I am sorry to hear of your loss.Perhaps at some future time others will step up to the plate as the architects of BGR did and craft a similar event to attend.This one offered so much and will remain a "tough act to follow" for future efforts,to be sure.

Take Care,
                          Forrest Peterson

Tater Mess
                          Tater Mess Social Orchestra
                          Missourah Shirkers

Comment

Originally posted by DougCooper View Post
                            Oh no Mr. Cooper, I could tell the difference. Peeeeeeyuuuuuuh! And, I had been without a bath myself for several days. I was so happy to see him that I overcame the strong urge to tie him to the roof rack and haul him up to our nice little waterfall before letting him ride in the car. Oh, the look of utter horror on the face of the hotel clerks when we checked in on Sunday. They were more than happy to give us extra soap. I'm surpised they didn't start pulling coins out of their pockets and shoving them at him.

It took five washings to get the black out of that fine linen shirt I made him.
                            Last edited by Cottoncarder; 04-05-2007, 04:45 PM.
                            [FONT=Book Antiqua][/FONT][COLOR=Navy]Barb McCreary (also known as Bertie)
                            Herbal Folk Healer, Weaver and Maker of Fine Lye Soap[/COLOR]
                            [url]www.winstontown.com[/url]

Comment

I believe it is because I am a "recruit" and not "rank and file", a demotion I suffered like others when the AC last had problems. I'll post a few more times ands see if I can attach the pictures when I attain "Rank and File" once more.

You have to ask yourself if post count bumping is a good thing or something more akin to listening to old KISS albums late at night, sneaking a peak in your sister's underwear drawer, and drinking milk straight from the carton when no one is looking. Take a few moments to ponder this deep philosophical question about the meaning of life and navel lint, and then get back to us when you are ready to proceed along the path leading to the Dark Side.

That being said, Utah has some wonderful history in the development of certain Civil War era leaders, not the least of wich was A. S. Johnston. That would be worth a good post and a corresponding good read in the appropriate sub-forum.
                              Last edited by Charles Heath; 04-06-2007, 09:33 AM. Reason: Post count bumping is some bad ju-ju.
                              Rex Porter
                              Iron Rooster Mess
                              Utah Territories

Comment

Working...
                              X