Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickamauga AOT-ANV Living History

Hey Guys,
    For those who may not know, the WIG is putting together a mobile battalion size living history to take place at Chickamauga during the weekend of September 21-23 2007. For more info about the event, please keep checking the WIG web site at http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/. This event is unique in that several of the different elements which came together under Bragg will be represented in one battalion. The guys in the WIG are portraying an AOT unit or units and Neill Rose and I, along with our friends and cohorts, are heading up efforts to portray the contingent from the ANV under Longstreet. We will portray one of the companies from the 7th South Carolina of Kershaw's Brigade. The good folks from the South Carolina Relic Room will be graciously assisting us as we gather information for our portrayal. The 7th and Kershaw's Brigade played a key role in the attack on the Union center and suffered heavily on the slopes of Snodgrass Hill. If anyone is interested in participating at the event in our company, please feel free to contact Neill or me. It will be time to break out the blue-grey kersey Richmond jackets! More to follow. Take care.........Jerry Stiles
    Last edited by JStiles; 12-19-2006, 01:25 PM.

Re: Chickamauga AOT-ANV Living History

Thanks for posting this Jerry,

Folks, this is a great opportunity to truly do a 'compare and contrast' of the two armies at Chickamauga. I'm personally making this one of my max effort events for 2007. The education potential, not only for ourselve, but also the public is huge. As Jerry stated, this will not be a fixed cap LH but rather one that is 'mobile'. Continue to look for updates, research and discussions regarding schedule and the like.

Regards,

Neill Rose
    PLHA

Comment

Jer - I'll be there. My wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville to visit an old aviator friend of mine from the Navy and then on to Chattanooga for the event. Let me know if there's anything I can carry that way. :)
      Best,
      Jay Spurr
      Co. 'A', 4th VA. Inf.
      SWB

Comment

Guys
        The Website for this event is now up and linked off the WIG website. We have a brief history of the two units we will be portraying (7th Texas & 7th SC), general event information, registration and AOT uniform guidelines. The ANV guidelines should be ready soon. We also hope to add more historical information such as AARs and more.
        [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
        [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
        [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Tripp,

I will be there. I hope to bring several Virginians with me as well.

Rick Atwood
          Rick Atwood
          23rd Reg't
          Va. Vol. Infy

Comment

Rick,

It'll be good to see you again!
            Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

The uniform guidelines for the ANV company are now posted on the event website. Seems to be some really good interest in this one from all over.

Rick,
              That is great to hear. Look forward to serving with you again.

Comment

This event certainly sounds like one well worth crossing the Atlantic for!!! If I can gather some support from The Lazy Jacks (who may have recovered from BGR by then) would there be room for a few Brits? The thought of the AOT and the ANVa side by side is fantastic!!!
                Warm regards,
                Patrick Reardon,
                The Lazy Jack Mess, UK

Comment

Yes sir, you and your mates from across the big pond would most certainly be welcome!
                  Brian Hicks
                  Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Spurr View Post
                    Jer - I'll be there. My wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville to visit an old aviator friend of mine from the Navy and then on to Chattanooga for the event. Let me know if there's anything I can carry that way. :)
                    Best,
                    Cool!! We'll see you there Jay.....Jerry Stiles

Comment

Patrick,
                      As Mr. Hicks has said we would love to have our friends from across the pond visit. You would be more than welcome in my company. I am sure we would even help with rides from the airport and places to stay if needed.

Comment

Patrick,
                        If you fellows want to go ANV for the weekend, that door is open as well.....Jerry Stiles

Comment

Gentlemen,
                          Thank you for your most kind offers of hospitality. I'm virtually certain that I will make it and I'll send a round-robin email to all the Lazy Jacks and friends of a similar authentic persuasion who may also have the time and the funds to make the trip. Will keep in touch.
                          Warm regards,
                          Patrick Reardon.
                          The Lazy Jack Mess, UK

Comment

Patrick,

I think everyone here will be pleased to have any of the Lazy Jacks fall in with us for this living history or any event that the WIG attends...even Richard O'Sullivan!

Please pass along my fondest regards to Richard and let him know that my family and I would pleased to see him anytime he ventures to these parts.
                            PATRICK CRADDOCK
                            Prometheus No. 851
                            Franklin, Tennessee
                            Widows' Sons Mess
                            www.craftsmansapron.com

Aut Bibat Aut Abeat

Can't fix stupid... Johnny Lloyd

Comment

I think a bidding war (or 2 out of 3 at cards) just started for the Jacks Count me in with Mr Stiles and Mr Rose as a South Carolinian. BBQ is better in SC...:)
                              Soli Deo Gloria
                              Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
                              X