Assigned persona info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigned persona info

The State of Illinois has an online database with muster and descriptive rolls for CW soldiers. Here's a chance to find out some background on your assigned persona-

Leland Hares, 10th Tennessee (U.S.)

Re: Assigned persona info

Pards & Comrades,
    This is aanother site with roster info.

Rm
    Rod Miller
    [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
    A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
    1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
    1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
    1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
    1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
    Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
    1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
    Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

I think I have a copy of images of Lytle Henline and a Stillhammer or too. There used to be a Web site with a photo of three Stillhammer brothers (Illinois Alive or something like that.)

FWIW,
      John Pillers
      John Pillers
      Looking for images/accounts of 7th through 12th Ill. Inf. regiments from April 1861 - April 1862

'We're putting the band back together'

Comment

Rod,

Any idea what M.O. means on those rosters? I don't think it is mustered out because that term is spelled out in most instances. My character was M.O. by order of the President and I was wondering what he had got himself into.
        Michael Comer
        one of the moderator guys

Comment

Michael,

MO is "mustered out". Ask John Pillers what happened to his assigned persona?!

Jim Butler
          Jim Butler

Comment

Sad tale. Must research it some day.

Along with the murder that apparently took place within the 8th in 1861 back when they were in the Cairo/Bird's Point area. Can't remember which company right now.

Tracking down Stillhammer photo (Co. K)
            John Pillers
            John Pillers
            Looking for images/accounts of 7th through 12th Ill. Inf. regiments from April 1861 - April 1862

Comment

Stillhammer(s)

Photo of 3 brothers, second pic on the page.

Didn't realize two of the brothers were 8th Inf. I thought one was artillery, but anyway....

They may have the ID's switched. The online roll has Charles being a corporal.

I'm just glad I re-found that photo. The site it used to be on appears to be gone. And that is a crying shame.

I've seen a CDV of Charles later in the war, like 1864. He really looked beaten down.

John Pillers
              John Pillers

Comment

How did I know I was going to end up being the 32 year old miller who deserted a couple months after the battle!:tounge_sm
                Sean "Chuck-a-luck" Marcum

Comment

Comrades,

If you have not come across it, here is another website that gives some information about the men we are portraying at the Shiloh L.H. event. Click Here

Not a whole lot, but I now know the names of my parents and siblings, my father’s occupation and my age. Interestingly, I am about the same age as Harrison Norfolk by the time of Shiloh.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,
                  [FONT="Georgia"]Casimer Rosiecki[/FONT]

Comment

My ancestors moved to Illinois in 1849, immigrating from the Friesland area of Germany (Dutch). My Great X 5 grandfather was on the losing end of one the many German revolutions and fled to America.
                    Many Irish and German immigrants were coming up the Miss. River and being dumped off at St. Louis. From there many headed for Illinois to start farms. My ancestors were skilled craftmen and founded business in Pekin, Ill. (Tazwell County). The built carriages, wagons, mowers, plows, etc for the booming farm business. He also brought over other skilled craftsmen from Germany to work in the factories. They worked off their transporation costs in the factory). Thus, there were many Irish and German farmers living in these areas of Illinois.

Jim Butler
                    Jim Butler

Comment

Here's a link to the U.S. Gen Web which links the Illinois in the Civil War photos index. There are pics of five of the soldiers from the 8th Illinois posted on this site

Regards,
                      Mark Susnis
                      Mark Susnis
                      Msusnis@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X