Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outpost III October 26-28, 2007, Spring Hill, TN

Pards & Comrades,

Consider this fair warning. I am registered. I would encourage my pards & Comrades to do likewise

RM
    Rod Miller
    [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
    A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
    1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
    1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
    1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
    1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
    Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
    1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
    Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Pards lets get registered for this event.!!!!
      It is going to be great. We are in need of good Union men. We have a first rate experience in store for you. Come on an join up. This will be an awesome experience for everyone involved. We need you!
      Your Pard,
      Chad Greene
      Chad Greene

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Greene View Post
        We are in need of good Union men.
        UNIONISTS! There should be no shortage of those types in Tennessee!

A handful of Aye Karumba Raffles us are squeezing into a dimunitive Nissan Altima (doing a Kornfederate Kubelwagen impression) and heading out to fight for States Rights...or trip and fall down the hills -- whichever comes first. :p
        [B]Charles Heath[/B]
        [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Signed up as one Dave Gerow's, Co A, 89th Illinois. The postponment of the CWPT Fredericksburg event will release some others of us for both sides I should think.
          Soli Deo Gloria
          Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Yes, Doug-from-the-land-of-spuds, and it is also a great opportunity for the travel challenged folks in the myopic mid-Atlantic region to get their I-81 corridor lovin' selves over the big scary mountains. As Crabby would say, "This is a great opportunity to make lemon syrup from lemons." Okay, so he might not have said it exactly like that, but....
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Charles,

I am comin'. I will not spend that weekend in casa de la Jason.

I have heard of this place called Tennessee. Might as well see it.

Truthfully, I was a little disappointed that ATB and OP were the same weekend. The gods must have more in store for us. Might as well go with it.
              Jason Hamby

In memory of Thomas Jefferson Humberson, private, Waul's Texas Legion

Life is hard, even harder when you're stupid

"Don't give the pr&ck the satisfaction"

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Heath View Post
                Yes, Doug-from-the-land-of-spuds, and it is also a great opportunity for the travel challenged folks in the myopic mid-Atlantic region to get their I-81 corridor lovin' selves over the big scary mountains. As Crabby would say, "This is a great opportunity to make lemon syrup from lemons." Okay, so he might not have said it exactly like that, but....
                Purty time of year to boot! Susnis is coming from Kansas as well.
                Soli Deo Gloria
                Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Charles,

I won't miss your cooking.
                  I am, Yr. Ob't Servant,
                  Riley Ewen

VMI CLASS OF 2012
                  Hard Head Mess
                  Prodigal Sons Mess, Co. B 36th Illinois Infantry
                  Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

A couple of us Canadians will be crossing the ice barrier and coming down as well.
                    Brian Luscombe
                    Columbia Rifles

Comment

It's a crying shame we have no vendors who could crank out some CS infantry appropriate jackets and trousers in the form of a sexy Bully Buy for this event. The cornfed loaner box is bottoming out for the first time in ages....

Wambaugh? Utley? You guys awake?
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

I got some $$ to spend.
                        Jason Hamby

In memory of Thomas Jefferson Humberson, private, Waul's Texas Legion

Life is hard, even harder when you're stupid

"Don't give the pr&ck the satisfaction"

Comment

Brian and I will be setting up at the event on Friday until it's time to join the ranks.

We'll have a couple of commutation jackets, trousers, even a couple of frocks. In addition to civilian shirts and other small gear. We'll be able to help out if you're wanting to put together a good CS impression for the event. Heck, the jacket and shirt kit combo we're doing right now will take you a far way toward getting you set. We even have a couple of canteens and handsewn haversacks in stock right now. With all the website problems I've been having the in stock page is way out of date, so be sure to call for the latest list.

If you want something specific for the event now is the time to order it!

Best,
                          Dan Wambaugh
                          Wambaugh, White, & Company
                          www.wwandcompany.com
                          517-303-3609
                          Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Dan,

Thanks. After three mournful cries of "I can do reb, but my impression is a little too ANVish for OP3!," within a 20 minute time span last night, I knew we had to turn to the private sector for needs beyond the community of loaner gear.

I sure hope Pukin' Bill Backus is corporal of the guard, because some of us half blind and nearly deaf old people tend to see and hear a whole lot of things in the dark, and it's well known the greatly feared Bayou Yeti is known to range that far east during periods of wet weather.
                            [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Fellars, it's good to see the fire being stoked for this event. For those who have never been to the sight, your in for a real treat. I've participated in tacticals there, but never one with the capacity and quality of this one. Although I'm already registered Confederate, I'll spead the word to the E. Tenn. unionist. Ya'll come on down, the waters fine ! :D
                              Eric N. Harley-Brown
                              Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

I'll holler for help among the vendors to make Western Confed and get a Bully Buy up for September.
                                Matt Woodburn
                                Retired Big Bug
                                WIG/GHTI
                                Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                                "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Working...
                                X