Riley Ewen

VMI CLASS OF 2012
    Hard Head Mess
    Prodigal Sons Mess, Co. B 36th Illinois Infantry
    Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Re: Federals Wanted

Hey Dan,
      How's your mom's peach, cherry, or blackberry pie????? Brother, it would be great to have you in the field down there, are you going to hand deliver those pies instead of play in the game that weekend?

Robert Gobtop
      Ol Sipley Mess
      ONV
      Lover of pies baked by moms.
      Robert Gobtop
      Ol Sipley Mess
      ONV
      Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

Well, I'd been riding the fence for awhile on whether to come up, but by golly, when there's pie, there I'll be. Count me in for Cpt Butler's boys.
        Ross L. Lamoreaux
        rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Judging from the pie I have had from Dan's mom, I'm sure they're all grrrrrreat!
          I am, Yr. Ob't Servant,
          Riley Ewen

VMI CLASS OF 2012
          Hard Head Mess
          Prodigal Sons Mess, Co. B 36th Illinois Infantry
          Old Northwest Volunteers

Comment

Havent seen my mom make much blackberry or peach, but she does make one mean strawberry-rhubarb pie!!!!
            Rob, man I wish I could be down there with you guys, looks like it will be a great time. Why do the best events have to be during football season????
            Dan Chmelar
            Semper Fi
            -ONV
            -WIG
            -CIR!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaYank View Post
              Havent seen my mom make much blackberry or peach, but she does make one mean strawberry-rhubarb pie!!!!
              Rob, man I wish I could be down there with you guys, looks like it will be a great time. Why do the best events have to be during football season????
              So that the little guys have a chance in the Arm rastlin' that's why.

Rm
              Rod Miller
              [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
              A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
              1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
              1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
              1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
              1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
              Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
              1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
              Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing again, or meeting in person for the first time, many folks in "The Butler Company" on the visiting team.

Will be attending with Cannucks in tow. :)

Comment

Anybody know at what time we are expected to be ready at Rippavilla? Might this be a similar type of setup to the Land Between the Lakes back in '06?

Hope to see a great turn out!

Kindest Regards,
                  Eliot Toscano

The Buckras
                  SCAR
                  SRR
                  Regards,
                  Eliot Toscano
                  Independent Brute
                  Putting on no style...

"Six children from the local village appeared wearing [U][B]fallacious accoutrements & reprehensible baggage [/B][/U]and thought they would put a sham battle on for our amusement. We laughed so hard at their imitation of soldiers that our sides were hurting for hours."
                  A.R. Crawford in the 76th Illinois Infantry, Co D - April 1863 - The origin of FARB

Comment

Jim,

I enjoyed falling in with you guys at Mill Springs and I wish I could make it to outpost as a Fed. Unfortunately, the event is only about 10 days before my election. I hate when real life stuff interferes with fun.
                    Tom Lowe
                    Western Federal Blues
                    Tar Water Mess
                    GHTI
                    42nd Indiana Inf.

Across the Ohio we could see “Old Indiana.” This made the boys home sick. How they did want to cross the river into “God's Country.” James B. Shaw, 10th Indiana Inf.

Comment

Please try to make it a there a few hours before sunset friday night at the latest. I understand if you cant. But we want to get in some drill, arms inspection and get organized. Its easier in the light and there will be alot going on friday night, We surely wont have time for anything saturday morning.
                      To all men coming, please inform your orderlies when you plan on arriving. That will help.
                      Cheers
                      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Don't forget the pie issue to the ONV company.
                        Nathan Hellwig
                        AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                        "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Hello,
                          I am registered for Outpost but complications have come up with my ride so he will not be going. Is there anyone from north Texas willing to give up a seat. Im willing to pay my way in gas and all that I just need a ride.
                          Thanks for any help.
                          Best regards;
                          Taylor Clark
                          HCB, Lead Balls mess

Comment

Mr. Clark,

North Texas is a big ol' place, and I hope you'll find a ride, or one you can meet up with somewhere along the path.

Should that option not materialize, do check your options with Southwest airlines, which has service to Nashville, from Lubbock and Amarillo. I've found them quite tolerant of people in funny clothes. I prodded Johnny Lloyd about getting on a plane for this event some time back--he's a comin' and you can too. http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ad.php?t=13418
                            Terre Hood Biederman
                            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Yep, ma'am... you prodded me and now ya'll have another Federal body in Arnold's company. I'm flying in -a la Airborne- to Nashville.

Hooah... :D

To all on this thread: please see my posting here for "a little help from my friends..."

Again, I'll pay my share for gas, powder, pie, etc.

-Johnny
                              Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 10-14-2007, 05:08 PM. Reason: Need some pie... lol
                              Johnny Lloyd
                              John "Johnny" Lloyd
                              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                              SCAR
                              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Sorchy View Post
                                Please try to make it a there a few hours before sunset friday night at the latest.
                                Perhaps posting the actual, revised-to-Eastern-Daylight-Savings-Time hours of sunset, end of civil twilight, start of civil twilight, and sunrise, as posted on the US Naval Observatory website, would be useful to tell folks what hours these astronomical times of day occur at Spring Hill TN between October 26-28, 2007.

Comment

Working...
                                X