Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federals Wanted

Gents,
    If any out there are still contemplating the Out Post event in October we still have room in all four companys for men who are looking to put together in one event many things that in the past have been very fleeting.
    I can promise you this.
    You will look and feel like you are part of the 89th Illinois Infantry in the fall of 1862. Evolutions and mannerisms will suit the times.
    First Person will be enforced. This will be treated on the federal side as an immersion event. You will actually feel like you are in that time period because NO modern talk is going to be allowed. If it must be done it you will be asked to leave the vicinity of others that may be into the period experience. To often we sit on battlefields and NO first person is done.
    We have very tight and excellent company commanders and an outstanding wing commander in Chad Green.
    Coley Adair and his critters will be our cavalry. (I dont need to say more there).
    The fact of the matter is boys at many tacticals with a few exceptions the feds are always outnumbered. For some reason everyone wants to don the grey.
    Lets keep this historically accurate to 1862 not 2007.
    Thank You
    Your Most Obedient Servant
    Terry Sorchy
    Last edited by Terry Sorchy; 09-24-2007, 09:38 AM.

Re: Federals Wanted

Sir-

If you find someone that is coming to the event from the Northeast (I live in CT, but can drive easily to NY, PA, NJ) then please let me know. I'd love to go as either Federal or Confed. But I won't sign-up until I have secured a ride at least halfway there.

Thanks so much! -Johnny
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

At this particular time, 5 weeks out, we are dead even in registration. Not one side has the advanatage over the other. When the Critters register, I am sure that will change in their favor. But both sides are forming well. So people still have the choice of going on either side.
      With the way every one worked together at Chickamauga, I expect there will be some very well drilled companies and maneuvering going on at Outpost.

Get registered!!

Art
      [FONT=Georgia]Art Milbert[/FONT][SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Comment

At this time, we still have plenty of room in ALL federal company's for more men. Both sides are even at the moment but we have to fill up four company's as compared to three, otherwise you have four very tiny company's.

I implore ALL out in cybor world to really reflect. If you have always wanted to do a large pickett post event, this is it. If you have always wanted to find out all aspects of a recon with action, this is it. If you just wanted to support your northern pards, this is it.

We could really use you to make this event a success. The WIG has done a great job preparing an outstanding event. Please join U.S.

Cheers
        Terry Sorchy
        Last edited by trippcor; 10-10-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Terry-

I'd love to come and join you, but 1036 miles by oneself is a bit of a drive and I'm not good at flying to an event since I've never had to get a musket on a plane- kinda late to do so anyway.

I'm still working the details out with someone else if it is feasible, but does anyone have the ability to meet halfway (New York, Penn- 5 hours south from me, Virginia 6 or more south of me) late-nite Thurs 25 OCT and leave ASAP Sunday, then please let me know.

Need to know something soon due to necessary contingency plans.

Thanks- Johnny
          Johnny Lloyd
          John "Johnny" Lloyd
          SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Johnny,

I am sure that we ( I ) could bring a loaner musket & Bayonet if that is the only issue with the flight deal.

RM
            Rod Miller
            [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
            A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
            1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
            1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
            1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
            1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
            Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
            1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
            Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Rod-

Mostly over the fact that I have never done it before (flying to an event), so I must admit the whole situation is new to me since I have never had to do so and MIGHT be cost-preventative compared to sharing gas money down.

Unfortunately, I (and others I know of that are definitely interested in future events) now live in the Northeast and quality events are rather far.

I'll research the matter on flights. I am calling Mr. Sorchy tonight and will see if it is more economical to fly to Nashville or share-a-ride down. I should know by the end of this business week.

Thank you for your help and concern, friend... I might just need that musket. ;)

Your comrade -Johnny
              Johnny Lloyd
              John "Johnny" Lloyd
              SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

I'm with Johnny on this. I too live in New England and the process of getting down South is not an easy task. It'd be nice if Johnny and I could get some Yankee blood down there for October, but personally, it doesn't look good for me this year. W64 in New York is my goal for the time being and it seems much more viable in regards to travel. With that in mind, it might be nice to get a group of gents together in our surrounding areas, Johnny, for those authentic events which aren't northern like Out Post. That reminds me, PM me to talk about the possibility of forming a collective as well as some observations I made at Winchendon this past weekend. Believe me when I say you were glad not to have been there.

Bryan O'Keefe, Esquire

Comment

Here we have people in the mid-Atlantic coordinating rides with Nutmeggers, New Yorkers, and Canadians, and a certain Cheesehead feller coordinating rides with Sorebacks for people in Baltimore. I'm loving this, and as a friendly reminder: I-81 does feed into I-40 quite nicely.
                  [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                  [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Johnny & Bryan,

I cannot make this event this year because of a busy work schedule, however, I was at the first Out Post (TAG) event, and it was one of the best events I've ever been to.

If I were you guys, I would do whatever it took to attend, you will not regret it.

Trust me......
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
                    Cincinnati

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Lloyd View Post
                      Rod-

Mostly over the fact that I have never done it before (flying to an event), so I must admit the whole situation is new to me since I have never had to do so and MIGHT be cost-preventative compared to sharing gas money down.

Unfortunately, I (and others I know of that are definitely interested in future events) now live in the Northeast and quality events are rather far.

I'll research the matter on flights. I am calling Mr. Sorchy tonight and will see if it is more economical to fly to Nashville or share-a-ride down. I should know by the end of this business week.

Thank you for your help and concern, friend... I might just need that musket. ;)

Your comrade -Johnny
                      Flying is easy to do - you just need a rifle case. Other than that, its all economics. The economics of a plane ticket vs the economics of missing work/taking vacation days to drive. I live 2000 miles or more from everything so it is not an option for me to drive. A bunch of us are flying into Nashville. I arrive at midnight on Thursday night/Friday AM so if you need a ride, let Terry know.
                      Soli Deo Gloria
                      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Terry.... You are going about the recruiting process all wrong. You need to appeal to the stomachs of the boys.

You should have offered free pie. :shades_sm

There are always the last moment types that will sign up near the lat cut off date. Relax mon!
                        Herb Coats
                        Armory Guards &
                        WIG

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Hoosiers can be lured with pie... specifically pecan pie. :D
                          ERIC TIPTON
                          Former AC Owner

Comment

Half a pie, half a pie onward!
                            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Okay, Okay! I'll bring down pies:baring_te
                              If that works I'll do it!:wink_smil Let me know the flavors and how many.
                              Cheers:D
                              Terry Sorchy

Comment

Working...
                              X