Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalism at Rippavilla Event Site

Folks,

Personally viewed damage done to the outhouse down at Browns' Stand at Rippavilla today. The door is split in half and there is pencil grafity all over the inner and outer walls. While some may say this isn't a big deal, it probably is a big deal to those who attended the event work days during the July/August heat and helped build the structure. Too bad the vandals weren't caught in the act, they should be beaten with a rubber hose.:angry_smi
    Brian DesRochers
    Independent Rifles

Descendant of :

Cpl. James T. Ragsdale, Co. B. 6th Missouri Inf. C.S.A.,
    Thomas Motley, Co. E. 7th Arkansas Inf. C.S.A.,
    Joseph, Jasper, Jerry and Luney Ragsdale, 44th AL Inf C.S.A.

Re: Vandalism at Rippavilla Event Site

Oh, man, someone built us an outhouse and it's gone before we got to use it???!!!! I hope the damage is only cosmetic.

Trish Hasenmueller

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      Folks,

Personally viewed damage done to the outhouse down at Browns' Stand at Rippavilla today. The door is split in half and there is pencil grafity all over the inner and outer walls. While some may say this isn't a big deal, it probably is a big deal to those who attended the event work days during the July/August heat and helped build the structure. Too bad the vandals weren't caught in the act, they should be beaten with a rubber hose.:angry_smi
      That would be....myself ,Pat Craddock,Art milbert ,Herb Coats,Liz Warnick,and Mrk and Mark from the 7th TN. Cav. It was very warm!:baring_te
      Kiev Thomason
      a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
      WIG
      Armory Guards
      Forest Park Lodge #399
      Forest Park GA.

Comment

Ran into this post by accident but after reading it please allow me to extend my condolences, gents. I too know what it is like to be the victim (if anyone really is these days) of living history vandalism. Some men and I (mind you this was years ago) had built a glorious trench, complete with wooden supports, the whole nine yards. All in all, it took about a week of after work efforts to complete.

That Friday, prior to our event, we arrived to the site to find not only was the trench filled in and the wood stolen (a seemingly impossible task to perform overnight without roughly about five men), but a note was left tied to a stake reading simply, "HA!" in red paint on a small piece of cardboard. Never find out who it was, why they did it, all of this on top of not being able to hold the event.

Pvt. Bryan O'Keefe, Esquire

Comment

Guessing it was the teenagers that are frequently caught "partying" out on the site there. They must not have anything else constructive to do, except to tear things up. It's a crying shame.
          Elizabeth Landrum
          IR Team Mom

Comment

Ya build something nice as a donation to the historic site and also at the request of the few civilians coming to Outpost and damned if someone don't tear it up before we do.

I actually heard Liz did all the work and Kiev sat under an umbrella drinking lemonade.
            Patrick Landrum
            Independent Rifles

Comment

.....And eating all the cookies I baked for those hard working fellas! ;)
              Elizabeth Landrum
              IR Team Mom

Comment

Lets hope the vandals didnt fill in the hole! Its a shame that some people dont have anything better to do than tear up a crapper. -ELI GEERY
                -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
                "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
                "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
                "The Bully Boys"
                "The Hard Case Boys"
                "The Independant Mess"
                29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
                3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

Well if that doesn't just stink! The door can be replaced I think, but it is still work!

Liz get crack'n!
                  Herb Coats
                  Armory Guards &
                  WIG

Comment

Perhaps my real life martial professional inclines me to suggest a more severe punnishment; something that leaves a mark or a lasting memory.
                    Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Get to crackin????

I'm making the hard bread over my fall break!!! Now, that's dedication.
                      Elizabeth Landrum
                      IR Team Mom

Comment

Originally posted by buckandball View Post
                        Perhaps my real life martial professional inclines me to suggest a more severe punnishment; something that leaves a mark or a lasting memory.
                        Can we stow them in the back of your KC-130? A nice stint in the desert might be good for these people.
                        Chris Suppelsa

Comment

"If you build it, then they will tear it up."

The small group of folks who maintain the Winter 1864 site have similar troubles with vandalism, and repair work above and beyond regular maintenance bedevils them to no end. Scott's tales of vandalism, complete with various clothing and "other" items left behind, are enough to the raise blood pressure of even the most mild mannered carpenter.
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Chris, that would be a reward for these types... but I could put them to work. Filling sandbags and HESCO barriers (the modern day gabions) in the summer heat of the Al Anbar province is no treat even for the acclimated.
                            Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Working...
                            X