Powder and Cap source in Tennessee?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder and Cap source in Tennessee?!?

I'm flying into Nashville and the fellows who were going to be hauling my ammo out from the West coast have had a change of circumstances and I'm now compelled to find an alternate solution for ammo at this event.

My first choice would be to buy ready made from someone at the site (please pm me if this is a possibility) or baring that I'll need to spend time putting together rounds after I arrive in Tennessee. Anyone able to point me to some places to purchase caps and powder between Nashville and the site?
    Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
    1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
    Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Re: Powder and Cap source in Tennessee?!?

Troy,

The Saddle Shop carries the powder, FF and FFF. 615-395-7555 They are in Arrington/Triune. If you fly into Nashville, go south on I-24 to I-840. Go west toward I-65 where you'll want to get off to go to the event. There is an exit for Triune/Arrington. Go north about 600 yards to the intersection and they will be on the right. Not too far out of the way for Outpost. They don't carry caps. Utley will be at the event as will some other sutlers that you might be able to get some caps.
    Matt Woodburn
    Retired Big Bug
    WIG/GHTI
    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Yeah the Saddle Shop has it for $14.95 lb. Just out of curiousity what time does your flight come in?
      Heath Potter

South Union Guards
      Star and Crescent Mess
      A.E.K.D.B.

Bummers
      Franklin Preservation March
      Backwater 1865

Comment

Sent e-mail, may be able to help if nothing else works out. I have plenty of rounds, Schuetzen black powder and German caps on hand. If convenient it can be waiting for pick up at Stones River Battlefield Park in Murfreesboro. Drop me a check in the mail when you get back to the real world.
        Last edited by Craig L Barry; 10-23-2007, 09:57 PM.
        Craig L Barry
        Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
        Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
        Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
        Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

If you still need caps, find me when you get there. I have extra caps. I'm in Tripp's Confederate company.
          Derek Carpenter
          Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Derek.... aiding the enemy???? :wink_smil How could you? No Kiev Corn Cakes for you!
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Shhhhhh, I'm giving him already fired caps, just to get his hopes up!:D
              Derek Carpenter
              Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Working...
              X