disregard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disregard

Disregard... closer reading of the event guidelines answered this... darn that "reading" stuff...
    Last edited by buckandball; 10-23-2007, 02:50 PM.
    Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Re: disregard

Ben, I have that kid-just-before-Christmas thing going on, too. The gear for my 20th TN impression, as pitiful as it may be, has been laid out for about 2 weeks. You know it's some bad juju when a grown man is debating which haversack goes best with which frockcoat. Sigh.

"Say, honey, does this knapsack make my butt look big?" :o
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Mr. Craddock has been beside himself.... anxiously awaiting this event.... why... from the excitement in his voice when he we've talked... you'd almost think he was going to his first reenactment ever. :p
      Brian Hicks
      Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Gents, It is all good... think we needed a thread to get the blood pumpin' before the Outpost event.

I have not been this excited since I thought Santa was comin'... see ya'll in Tennessee.

Good stuff ... Johnny
        Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM.
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

What do you mean "thought Santa was comin" ? He still is isent he? Time away from it all at a good event sounds like Christmas to me!

Comment

Right there with you fellas. I scheduled a school program today, to "get ready." I may even go with that same school group tomorrow when they head to Shiloh. 'Good times,' see you guys there.
            Timothy L Arnold
            Top Rail Mess of the Hard Case Boys

Hard Case Boys forum

Comment

Finally packed in Tuesday evening (leaving early Thursday morning). This is darned odd for me: Everything I'm bringing is merely for my own personal use! No loaner gear, no battalion property, no displays for the edumakshun of the public, etc. I am finally getting to use that 2.5-year-old US Army dress hat for either the second or third time.

So, that's how one packs a KNAPSACK, huh? It's been so long since I used one (probably two years) that I almost forgot how to pack the thing. I'm bringing an overcoat and couldn't figure out a good way to conveniently carry the coat and the usual blanket/gum blanket/personal stuff as a blanket roll, so this time the ol' knapsack got hauled outta mothballs and re-commissioned (no cruise missiles, though).

Looks like the air temperature in the wee hours of Sunday morning may be a tad on the brisk side (upper 30s last I checked at www.weather.com). Yanks should be "authentic" and bring an overcoat; after all, this is the late-December Stones River campaign, and if we're on picket it's darned unlikely you'll have a campfire at either your sentinel post OR at the outpost. Mittens are not inappropriate for a late-December portrayal either.

Looking forward to the trip and the event.

Comment

Hey Buck... Did anyone "Disregard" this thread? Ironic, huh? -:p
                Johnny Lloyd
                John "Johnny" Lloyd
                Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                SCAR
                Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

From what I have heard (even though the site says otherwise This was posted on the ONV site) the time frame we are portraying is October 1862. Not after Stones River.

Someone(battalion staff) correct if I am wrong.
                  Nathan Hellwig
                  AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                  "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Yes Holler you are correct. The event was first portraying a time period of a Post Stones River time frame, but some months ago it was chaged to a Pre Stones River actual October 1862 time period. That kept things much simpler as far as event planning was concerned.
                    Cheers
                    Terry Sorchy

Comment

Dang. That's news.

Comment

Regardless of the time frame gentlemen----I have spent the first part of the week about 60 miles south of Spring Hill, laboring in the out-of-doors, improving upon a number of family cemetary plots in the hills and valleys around Lookout.

It is offi-shul-ly fall---brisk, gusty winds, scuttling low clouds, spattering rains, and sudden temperature drops that catch one unprepared. While the weekend promises far less rain than I worked in yesterday, brisk will still be the operative term.

Better be sure you've got your gum blanket firmly attached---that ground underneath you will be dampish.
                        Terre Hood Biederman
                        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

I was with Kevin on that one. So are we not portraying the actions along the Nolensville Pike? October v December with the 89th was of course two completely different things. Just curious for 1st person knowledge.
                          Heath Potter

South Union Guards
                          Star and Crescent Mess
                          A.E.K.D.B.

Bummers
                          Franklin Preservation March
                          Backwater 1865

Comment

Well, here goes-

The 20th Alabama was dispatched with Breckinridge to Middle Tennessee in October of 1862 to (according to Peter Cozzens) disrupt the attacks of the federal movements and foraging of the area. That should have been changed on the website some time back, as (Terry correct me on this if I am wrong) was changed pre-Vicksburg Life on the Line.
                            Patrick Landrum
                            Independent Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Lloyd View Post
                              Hey Buck... Did anyone "Disregard" this thread? Ironic, huh? -:p
                              It's one of those classic "Seinfeld Threads." :D
                              [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                              [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Working...
                              X