Early Registration pushed Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Registration pushed Back

With so many good events hot on each others heals I wanted to announce that the Early Registration date has been pushed back to May 10 instead of May 1.

If you register on May 11, you will have to pay the $40 fee. Until May 11, registration is $25. Payable in CHECK or Money order.

AGAIN- CS REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. If you are planning to come Federal this is a great offer.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Early Registration pushed Back

I am in with Co. A. Sent you the registration today. I have others who may come.
    Gregory Deese
    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Going to be good to see you out Deese.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Pat,
        We don't cross the river for a money order. We want cash or gold.
        Tom Yearby
        Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Gentlemen,
          With the Vicksburg event soon upon us, I beseach all good men who would fall in under the National colors for the event. We really need good feds gents. The feds must outnumber the johnnies at this one and so far registration on the federal side has been less than stellar. We need a good showing both in Company F and Company A for this event. Lets not let Pat and the NPS at Vicksburg down on this one boys. Also it is impossible for myself, Cpt Butler or Co. Obeirne to realize and designate jobs in the companies until we have everyone we need. So PPLLEEAASSEE, register soon if not today. You will have a bully time and help Vicksburg considerably.
          Thank You
          Terry Sorchy/Cpt. Co F

Comment

You'll have a bully time, and a hot time. Kevin mentioned one of our favorite works in another thread, but this online edition of Grant's Memoirs is easy to use even for dial-up users, and the page is turned to an appropriate point for the Vicksburg Campaign:

http://www.bartleby.com/1011/34.html
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

My registration is currently en route to Gulfport as of this afternoon.

To go off of what Terry said, this is not one to miss, fellows. How many times are we permitted to do a Federal and Confederate Living History at a NPS site? Not to mention that I doubt many have had the opportunity to attend a Living History of this magnitude at the Vicksburg NMP. Pat has been talking my ear off about this event for months and months on end, and I can honestly say that he has been working his tail off on this one! Those of you that attended Ft. Donelson or Ft. Granger or have run with Pat at events can attest to the quality he brings to the table and the effort he puts into these Living Histories.

I'm very much looking forward to this one!
              Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

I honestly thought that everyone and their brother would be jumping at the chance to attend an event like this.

I dare anyone to read these books and then NOT come to Vicksburg:

Williams, Thomas J. An Historical Sketch of the 56th Ohio Volunteer Infantry During the Great Civil War From
                186l to 1866.
                Columbus, OH: Lawrence Pr Co, 1899.

Grabau, Warren E. Ninety-Eight Days: A Geographer's View of the Vicksburg Campaign. 2000.

Bill
                Last edited by bAcK88; 04-25-2007, 10:35 PM. Reason: I don't want to be beaten up
                Bill Backus

Comment

I often look for "unique-ness" in the events I attend and this one has more than one unique feature.

First, events where reenators have an opportunity to experience life in a siege situation are rare, and the opportunity to reenact not just in earthworks, but in original earthworks is rarer still. Finally, the opportunity for an opposing-forces event on a NPS site, let alone one as storied as Vicksburg, is virtually unprecidented in the past, well, many years.

Personally, I've never been to Vicksburg and am very much looking forward to the event and the visit to the site. And--among the reasons I got into reenacting--since it's been a while since I've read much about the Vicksburg campaign, this event is "forcing" me to read up on it, and it's been a darned enjoyable time re-learning what I "knew" before, and increasing the level of that knowledge. A special event like this is a great opportunity for participants to bone up and increase their understanding of the historical events that occured on the very ground on which we'll be reenacting.

Comment

Working...
                  X