Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Arms

Gentlemen,

I find it interesteing that this forum has 1981 officially registered users. Yet, we rarely see more than 200 campaigners at a single event. To me that means that at least 1500+ of the users who visit and post on this forum don't even attend c/p/h events! So, who ar ethese 1500 people? Are they just cyber-reenactors (I never understood the point in that!)? Are they mainstreamers who like to have authentic discussions, but won't actually do things that are more authentic than the local Blues Festival/Civil War Days? Anyone else have an explaination?

Sorry if I sound frustrated, but we need more guys to step and support events like Life on the Line. We need a few more Federals to round out the event. I urge you not to miss this event! The event website is at: http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/Vicksburg/

I look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
    Jim Butler
    Jim Butler

Re: Call to Arms

Originally posted by Jim of The SRR View Post
    Sorry if I sound frustrated, but we need more guys to step and support events like Life on the Line.
    I share this feeling of frustration. I know people have obligations and real lives to deal with, be it work, family, money, etc. But there are more than enough people that attend authentic Western Theatre events to maximize the numbers for Life on the Line. I honestly do not understand the lack of participation over the last couple years.

Is it gas prices? Are people burned out? What's the deal?

Again, this will be one hell of an event! It would be sad and even more frustrating to see all the hard work that has gone into this one lose because people just aren't coming out.

I'm looking forward to a great event one way or the other! :thumbs_up
    Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Working...
    X