Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Registration Directions

Gentlemen,

With Vicksburg only 2 weekends away I'm going to begin posting some general information.

When you arrive to the park you will be coming off of I-20 from exit 4 B. The exit will take you to the gates of the park, the entrance is literally the first redlight you will hit.

Once in the park you will see the check in station for the park. Tell the ranger you are a participant with the living history program for the weekend, make sure you specify PARTICIPANT. Drive through the Memorial Arch of the park and continue straight, you will come to a split in the road and take a left. Continue down the road until you see a brick building, fenced in all the way around. Here you will notice people standing around in funny clothing- CONGRATS you have successfully found event registration and parking!

The registration process- Jim Conley and Brian DesRochers will be the authenticity inspectors for the event. Jim inspecting CS, and Brian inspecting US. Please review the event information about guidelines and you should not have an issue. At this time you should also bring your haversack to inspection. Your haversack will be EMPTY for inspection as you will be on your own for food for the weekend. There are cheap places all around to eat as well as nice places to sit down with pards and have a chat. If your haversack has food in it, and you are not on the medical list your food will be THROWN AWAY. REPEAT- THROWN AWAY. This should not be the knapsack nightmare of Vicksburg, but this is something stated months and months in advance. You will live the Life on the Line as close as possible.

Hope everyone is getting pumped up about the event. I look forward to talking with all of you.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Event Registration Directions

To what horrible expedients event organizers are driven just so folks will eat Charles' cooking! :p
    Dave Eggleston

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash View Post
      Gentlemen,

Your haversack will be EMPTY for inspection as you will be on your own for food for the weekend.

....as you will be on your own for food for the weekend.

Ummmm...... is this correct?

We are responsible for our own food for the weekend, but we are to have empty haversacks?
      Brian Hicks
      Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Brian,
        That clearly was a typo and thank you for pointing it out. It should read responsible for your own food for Friday evening. I want to also point out that no one will be allowed off of the park on Saturday evening. This event runs the duration of the time on site. Sorry for any confusion and a flaw in a post,
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Clarification Question: Is food in the haversack acceptable if it's your Friday evening supper?

Comment

Kevin,
            The process has been in the guidelines since the concept. No outside food, everyone should go out Friday evening.

I believe somewhere in the threads in this folder Mr. Hicks discussed bringing food in a small cooler left in the car, which is fine by me for those who do not wish to venture off of park property.
            Last edited by coastaltrash; 05-27-2007, 09:07 PM.
            Patrick Landrum
            Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
            X