Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicksburg Photos - Federals

Comrades:

Attached are a few photos from the Federal perspective at Vicksburg. Matt Woodburn and I will be doing an article about the event and were allowed to take some photos. I took the Federal images and Matt the Confederate. I will try to get a gallery together soon. I managed to get around 150 or so total. Enjoy.

Thanks to Pat, Shannon, all the volunteers, the park rangers and everyone who participated for another memorable event at a fantastic (and exceedingly hot) site.
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Vicksburg Photos - Federals

... And here are a few more. That is all for right now. I will let everyone know when I have a gallery established so you can view more of these. Now, time to get busy drying out these damnable chigger bites.
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Comment

Great photos Eric. They really show the Federal perspective well. Ah, "fond" memories.... I even got my ugly mug in a few of them!
      J. Thomas Atkinson

portrayed by Scott Gutzke
      [URL="http://www.sipleymess.org/"]Ol' Sipley Mess[/URL]
      [URL="http://www.oldnorthwestvols.org/"]ONV[/URL]
      [URL="http://www.risingsun115.com/"]Rising Sun Lodge #115, AF&AM of IL[/URL]
      [URL="http://www.waukeshalodge.org/"]Waukesha Lodge #37, F&AM of WI[/URL]
      [URL="http://armisteadbinghamlodge1862.blogspot.com/"]PM, Armistead-Bingham Lodge of Civil War Research #1862, F&AM of WI[/URL]

Comment

Excellent images! Too bad the event fell on my wedding anniversary. I toyed briefly with the idea of driving down for the fun, but quickly determined that my untimely absence to join the Boys in Blue might trigger a rebellion by my Atlanta-raised spouse.

Still am hoping for Mill Springs and/or Sept Storm depending on the work schedule.

Thanks for sharing.
        Paul Hadley
        Far from the Action Faction
        Paul Hadley

Comment

Great Photos Eric!

It was great to meet you at the event.

Looking forward to the article!

All the best

Don S
          Don F Smith

Comment

Great images, Eric! Plus, it's also great to hear that you and Matt are working on an article about this event--it deserves a full write-up for CWH or some other periodical. Looking forward to reading it, and seeing the rest of the images!

Comment

Comrades:

I have created an MSN photo gallery for the Federal Vicksburg Images. There are about 117 of them. I have included quite a few "print quality" images in the gallery:

http://groups.msn.com/VicksburgPhotos/shoebox.msnw

Enjoy.
              ERIC TIPTON
              Former AC Owner

Comment

Eric,

Thanks! Great pics! I only got through half of them and began to sweat profusely and my ankles began itching!
                Last edited by Eric Tipton; 06-17-2007, 10:41 AM.
                [IMG]http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/images/MikeSig.gif[/IMG]
                Sixth Ohio/Mess No. 1
                Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Eric,
                  Thanks for posting the pics. It is one thing to explain to your pards how miserable it was but to actually see it, well thats special.
                  Thanks,
                  Jason Thibodeaux
                  [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"]Jason Thibodeaux[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  Independent Rifles
                  Swamp Angels
                  Pelican Civil War Lodge #1861

Comment

Originally posted by PVT.THIB View Post
                    It is one thing to explain to your pards how miserable it was but to actually see it, well thats special.
                    C'mon Jason,
                    Was it really that bad? You coona**es have a high tolerence for heat working in the rice patties/crawfish farms. :D Let them see it, but even better let them come experience it. Great to have you around with us Jason. Get ready for Outpost now!

Eric,
                    Thanks for the pictures, and it was great to meet you in person. Hope all is well "up there". At least it has to be less humid
                    Regards,
                    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
                    With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
                    Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
                    We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

Jeremy,
                      Alright it wasn't that bad but all the "old guys" did nothing but complain about the heat!!! HAHA Just kidding. It was warm even for a southwest Louisiana boy.
                      Jason Thibodeaux
                      Independent Rifles
                      Swamp Angels

Comment

"Only time you worry about a soldier is when he stops complaining."
                        Just want to have some good first person. I doubt those boys from Ohio were grins and giggles about laying siege in the same weather. No shade either.

At least that's my story. . . .
                        Regards,

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

In that respect Jeremy, you are the greatest first person I have ever encountered.
                          Jason Thibodeaux
                          Independent Rifles
                          Independent Rifles
                          Swamp Angels

Comment

Period swear words aside. I'm glad my reputation holds true.
                            Regards,

Comment

Working...
                            X