Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Note from the Wilderness LH

Folks
    Just wanted to drop a quick line to let you all know that we donated $700 in preservation funds to the local preservation group, Friends of the Wilderness Battlefield (FOWB). The money donated was from the $10 registration fee for the event. The funds will go to the ongoing upgrade to the Ellwood House and the battlefield itself.

I want to say thanks to Don Barnett, of the SGLHA, for collecting and sending the funds to the FOWB. I also want to say thanks to all who came out to this event and that I hope you all took "something" away from this often confused and misunderstood battle.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Johannes

p.s. - FYI: I am working with the NPS from the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park to hopefully host similar Living Histories on these battlefields in the near future.
    Jeff Johannes

Re: Final Note from the Wilderness LH

Thanks Jeff! When I drove in from the airport on Friday prior to the event, I saw several of the FOWB folks picking up trash along Hwy 20 at the Wilderness Shelter. Others manned the Ellwood house, gave tours and generally worked very hard all weekend to protect and preserve the Wilderness, to say nothing of their ongoing efforts to stop the widening of Hwy 20 through the park...a victory won just prior to the event.

We wanted to target this money to the lowest level that would help the park.

Thanks again Jeff for a great program and to all those who came so far for this event. It was a huge success from every way one could measure it - especially with the NPS. If we get the band back together in 2008 for another such event, all the better.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
    X