Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

I am forming a Federal Infantry Company for the Battle of Resaca event being held on May 18-20 in Resaca Georgia. This is a mainstream event that is being sponsored by the Georgia Division. The company I am forming with assistance from members of the 10th Texas, GA Stateline, and others will be a campaigner company.

For this event we will be portraying Co. K of the 7th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. The 7th Ohio was formed in 1861 and for many of it's original members the Battle of Resaca was their last action before being discharged from service. The 7th Ohio was in 2nd Brigand which was part of the XX Army Corp (White stars). At the time of Resaca Co. K had only 33 members with 1/3 of those being officers and NCOs. So we have a chance to have an authentically sized company. If we do get more that end up with more than 33 folks registered for the company, I may change the Company we portray to match the numbers as closely as possible.

Registration for this company is $10.00 ($6.00 for the event + $4.00 for rations) for those mailing in their registration and $11.00 for those using PayPal (PayPal charges us to use their service) before May 1, 2007. Late registration (Received after May 1) is $15.00 for those mailing in their registration and $16.00 for those using PayPal. The deadline for registration for this company to recieve rations is May 10. The event does allow onsite registration. However anyone registering on site will not be guaranteed rations. If rations are available you will need to pay the $4.00 to cover your part. Please, everyone try to register before the deadline and don’t wait until the last minute, so we can have an accurate count. Registration fees may be paid with a Money Order, PayPal (see link below) or Check.

A webpage has been set up for those wishing to register for this company along with a discussion forum. Please direct all discussion concerning this event and this company to that forum. Here are the links:

Registration & Guidelines - http://tandpcorbin.home.mindspring.c...2007/index.htm
    Discussion Forum - http://disc.server.com/Indices/230822.html
    Last edited by trippcor; 12-21-2006, 08:42 AM. Reason: Add link to webpage and forum
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Re: Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

I'll talk to my boys about it, Tripp. We do that one every year and I think my guys would be psyched about it. I'll let you know what they say. Who knows, you might have just gained 7 or 8 guys.

Chris
    Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
    WIG/GVB
    In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

This event also tends to be one of the few times each year that Joe Blount takes his goods on the road. We had a dandy time unloading excess gear in his side yard last year, and I met a feller from back up in the hills that could talk dyepots with me.
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Fed Express For 2007

Count me in Tripp, I will be Federal for River's Bridge, Banks Grand Retreat, Shiloh LH and I will add this one as well, looks to be a good year. Considering Perryville as Federal and I will revert back to being a Confederate in 2008.
        Gregory Deese
        Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
        "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

I live just outside of Resaca. I've been doing this one for many, many, years :D I'm a member of the Ga Div. It is also my units event. Let me know, if I can help in anyway. Look forward to meeting ya'll this year.
          Jerry Holmes
          28th GA. Inf
          65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Comment

Tripp,

Put me down for Resaca also. Being so close I can't pass this one up.
            Bruce MacDonald

Comment

Sounds like it might be fun and it's not a bad drive for me. I find the Atlanta campaign to be pretty fascinating, plus I'd be willing to bet an event like this can always use all the Federals it can get.
              Michael Comer
              one of the moderator guys

Comment

Good Idea Tripp... My folks live in south Atlanta, so I guess I could kill two birds with one stone for this event. It would be nice to have a good sized "hardcore" unit at an event like Resaca, and from the looks of things we should be able to do just that.
                I might be able to convince seven or eight like-minded fellers to make the drive with me.

Cheers,
                Eliot Toscano
                (The Buckras)
                Regards,
                Eliot Toscano
                Independent Brute
                Putting on no style...

"Six children from the local village appeared wearing [U][B]fallacious accoutrements & reprehensible baggage [/B][/U]and thought they would put a sham battle on for our amusement. We laughed so hard at their imitation of soldiers that our sides were hurting for hours."
                A.R. Crawford in the 76th Illinois Infantry, Co D - April 1863 - The origin of FARB

Comment

Tripp,

A little historical addendum for clarification. The 7th Ohio was in Colonel Charles Candy's 1st Brigade of Brigadier General John W. Geary's Second Division (White Star) 20th Army Corps. The 7th Ohio mustered out on June 11, 1864 so their last major engagement was the Battle of New Hope Church May 25, 1864 and the skirmishing along the Dallas - New Hope line until June 5, 1864.

It was Geary's Division along with Ward's Brigade of Butterfield's Division that took Van Den Corput's Battery at Resaca.

I hope to make this one.

James Wooten, Interpretive Ranger
                  Pickett's Mill Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Tripp,

Looks like we might have some SRR and SCAR guys to fall in with your company at Resaca. I'll email you and keep you up to date on nuumbers. Right around the corner for many of us.

Jim Butler
                    Jim Butler

Comment

Go to http://search.live.com and search for the 7th Ohio and you will find both of their Regimentals, one at over 600 pages. The 7th was a very hard luck unit, they lost 13 of their 14 officers at Ringgold Gap on Nov 27th, 1863. In fact, that was their breaking point, they felt betrayed by the higher ups and never got over it. Gotta love a bunch thats battle cry was to crow like roosters.

Lee
                      Lee White
                      Researcher and Historian
                      "Delenda Est Carthago"
                      "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LWhite64 View Post
                        Gotta love a bunch thats battle cry was to crow like roosters.
                        If we do that at the event, the whole trip will have been worth it.
                        Michael Comer
                        one of the moderator guys

Comment

Originally posted by LWhite64 View Post
                          Gotta love a bunch thats battle cry was to crow like roosters.
                          Back when we did the Outpost event in 2000, the Federal impression was the 7th Ohio, and somebody had made up some replicas of the little brass rooster badges that the regiment wore. There's a picture of an original rooster badge in one of Baumgartner & Strayer's Echoes of Battle books, I believe the Chattanooga volume.

Does anyone know if these are still available, or maybe interested in running off another batch? It would be a nice touch...
                          Tom Ezell

Comment

Tom,

The Cecil Bros. seemed to have a good supply of those little cocks over the years. Not sure what their source of supply would have been back then.
                            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Do any of you have any of the information that was used for Outpost and the 7th Ohio?
                              [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                              [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                              [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X