Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conner Prairie (Indianapolis), Aug 25-26, 2007

Hello all -
    The Conner Prairie Living History Museum is holding an authentics-only living history weekend Aug 25-26, 2007. This is an invitation only event. The scenario is described in detail below. All participants are required to be 100% in-character during museum hours.

Jim Willaert has given me permission to seek a few more well-accoutered souls for the weekend. Please PM me or contact Jim Willaert directly for an invitation.

This is not to be confused with the mainstream event held at Conner Prairie over the last few years.

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

Conner Prairie Museum will be hosting an invitation only, scenario based Civil War Living History event on August 25 and 26, 2007.
    The event will take place in and around the Golden Eagle Inn complex in Prairietown. Reenactors and Conner Prairie interpreters will have the use of the Inn, its outbuildings and grounds. Our scenario is based on the public's reaction to Morgan's Raid in July 1863. The entire event will be in first person.

I believe that Dan Schoeneberg and I met with most of you on Sunday morning during Conner Prairie's Civil War Weekend in May. As we discussed during that meeting, we would like to have the reenactors enlist and muster in to the militia on Saturday, and have a food and uniform issue on Sunday. Research and information on further details of the scenario will be sent to all participants.

Historic camping around the Golden Eagle Inn complex is available for those who desire to remain in period for the entire weekend. Air conditioned rooms have been reserved in the modern Museum Center for those who would prefer to sleep indoors. Those choosing to sleep in the Museum Center will want to bring a cot or mattress pad along with your bedding.

Amenities for the participants include lodging as described above, a meal, food issue, firewood, water, straw and a pass for a return visit to Conner Prairie.

Hours for the event are:
    Saturday, August 25 10am to 5pm
    Sunday, August 26 11am to 5pm

Participants may arrive on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

If you would like to recommend another reenactor to be invited to this event, please let me know. We would like to have military and civilians represented. Reenacting children are welcome.

To register for this event, please respond to this email with your name, mailing address, and telephone number. Please indicate whether you are military or civilian. Estimated time of arrival would be appreciated.

If you have any questions, please contact me at any time. I can be reached at willaert@connerprairie.org or by telephone at (317) 776-6000 ext. 276.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jim Willaert
    Museum Experience Manager
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Re: Conner Prairie (Indianapolis), Aug 25-26, 2007

Paul:

Sent you a PM

Sam Lowe
    Botsford Mess
    Sam Lowe
    Sally Port Mess
    Western Rifles

Aut Viam invenium aut faciam

Comment

Re: Conner Prairie (Indianapolis), Aug 25-26, 2007

Paul ,

My pard and I are considering attendence at this event. Is it two day only event or could we come over to indy for the Day???

Rod MIller
      Rod Miller
      [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
      A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
      1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
      1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
      1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
      1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
      Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
      1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
      Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Working...
      X