This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration list - ATB: Fredericksburg

Due to popular demand, I will update this as they come in.
    Last updated: 10/21/08

Confederate 115
    AckeretAndyONV
    AlcoxGeorge4th VA/Ohio
    AndrewsSandy14th TN
    BackusBillWIG
    BakerhenryVMI CWRT
    BarnesKevin6th NC
    BarnettDonSGLHA
    BehanaDirk6th LA
    BerrierMarkNSR
    BirneyBillSWB
    BlackmonTimSWB
    BluntJoeIndependent
    BobbittAustin4th VA/Ohio
    BoccadoroPaulLR
    Boulden Jr.Paul23rd/IVR
    BullockGregPSL
    BusenbarkScottGHTI
    CampbellStewartSalt River Rifles
    ChapmanMikeSWB
    ChrislipChristopher10th AL
    ChristiansenJohnSGLHA
    ClarkDaveLee's Sharpshooters
    ClarksonJohnSWB
    CornettRogerSWB
    CoursonGlennSWB
    CregarAaronVMI CWRT
    DixonJackNSR
    DoddKeith10th AL
    DoddKyle10th AL
    DoddKurtis10th AL
    DoddRobert10th AL
    DollarErnestNSR
    EvansScottPG
    FaidleyByronNSR
    FairEricSGLHA
    ForneyBrentSWB
    FutcheryJoeyLR
    GibsonMarkSWB
    GilkBrianSGLHA
    GillyLuke37th VA
    GrahamChrisNSR
    GrantBenIndependent
    GreenRonald4th VA/Ohio
    GreenfieldJohnSGLHA
    HallGregSWB
    HardingCodyLiberty Rifles
    HarrisGregSWB
    HicksChiftonF Co.
    HolmDonald27th NC
    HunterDavidNSR
    HussmannRossVMI CWRT
    HutchinsRonaldSWB
    IrelandBradSWB
    KilcommonsKevinSGLHA
    KindredJeffSWB
    KochPeterNSR
    KoenigBrianSGLHA/SWB
    KoontzSkip14th TN
    KorberJoeSGLHA
    LeonardAlSWB/4th VA
    LewisElliot21st VA
    LloydJohnCR
    LutzPaulSWB
    LynchPatrickCVG
    MaddoxPhilSWB
    MartinJohnSWB
    MatternKendallSWB
    McDonaldLukeSGLHA
    McPetersBrianPCG/IVR
    MeadowsCaryIndependent
    MedwidNickNSR/23rd VA
    MellorBuddy1st TN, CMF
    MerrittHalSGLHA
    MerrittMike27th NC
    MillerJamesSGLHA
    NaplesDavidSWB
    NashJamesNSR
    NashDouglasNSR
    NottJake4th VA/Ohio
    OrpenDanSWB
    OwensSkipSGLHA
    PageBurtSalt River Rifles
    PattonJaySGLHA
    PfendlerChris4th VA/Ohio
    PhillipsMichaelSWB/4th VA
    ProtzRyanONV
    ReinholzJasonONV
    RoseNeillPLHA
    RunyonJohnSWB
    RuyleTimSGLHA
    SarnaVictorSWB
    SawyerJoshLiberty Rifles
    SchafferRobertSWB
    SchrimpeScottSWB
    SheppardGregNSR
    SkolaskiPaulSWB
    SorchyTerryONV
    SpeerHarveyNSR
    SpurrJaySWB
    SteelmanJerryNSR
    StephensonEric3rd AL
    StilesJerrySWB
    StinnettCameronIndependent
    TigheKoreyVMI CWRT
    UbbenRandolphCVG/SWB
    WallaceRobertNSR
    WaltersGeorgeSWB
    WardRichard10th VA
    WeberRobertSGLHA
    WeymerGeorgeSWB
    WierzbickiRobertSWB
    WilliamsonMichaelSWB
    WoodsDonald27th NC
    ZuzekRob4th VA/Ohio
    Last edited by dusty27; 10-21-2008, 06:33 PM.
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: Registration list - ATB: Fredericksburg

I've been outed! I need to get off my ass and register, like some others. :)

Comment

I saw Dusty's post and felt really bad. My registration went in the mail at noon today.
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
      Past President Potomac Legion
      Long time member Columbia Rifles
      Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

I'm so lonely tonight.
        Ley Watson
        POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Ley,
          You hold hands with Bob and we'll be along shortly.

Comment

Hmmm, well, I guess the water boy needs to get off his duff and register, lest some folks end up with that parched feeling come mid-November.
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

In looking over 2008, there have been/are a number of opportunities to enjoy off-year (to the 145th cycle events), slightly off the time of year (well, daylight savings time puts the sun in the correct place at the correct time), interesting and unique events. Some of these are by happenstance (crop harvesting can help) also in chronological order. This is one of those events.

BTW, I am working with the CWPT for a kabuki sleepover at Glendale once the tick population retires for the winter. We deserve to say we slept there. First one to the mill pond wins.

Speaking of ticks, picked up another three while gathering trail markers last weekend. Bien says "hi". Can ATB provide similar entertainment? I will see what I can do.
              Ley Watson

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Dusty

As I go about soliciting donations for this event, I was curious if there is anything in the works for matching funds for what is raised?

Sometimes it helps to gather more donations when you can tell someone that their few dollars will be matched and multiplied.

Thanks
                Greg Bullock
                [URL="http://www.pridgeonslegion.com/group/9thvacoe"]Bell's Rifles Mess[/URL]
                Member, [URL="http://www.civilwar.org/"]Civil War Preservation Trust[/URL]
                [URL="http://www.shenandoahatwar.org/index.php"]Shenandoah Valley Battlefield Foundation[/URL]

Comment

I'd just like to say how nice it is to see how many folks are making the effort to sign up early for this event. Let's keep em' comming in! The event organizers have been busting their butts for a looooong time on this one. "We" need to give them our support! If anyone interested in the Federal side of things has any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me directly. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it for you!
                  Last edited by GrumpyDave; 05-21-2008, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Grumpy,

It's a good chance the event could see snow if your rain curse holds up in mid-November. I just wanted to point that out, as a long shot. With the late-June like weather for the Glendale portion of Glendale-Malvern Hill coming through the way it did, I'm starting to believe just about anything is possible.

On a more serious note, the event organizers had a conference call last night, and even allowed the lowly Kabuki to listen in on the conversation. Most things are coming along smoothly, however, if we have a hard frost in early November, the ticks may be less active than they were at a certain event in April. There isn't much we can do about that.

One of the agenda items that may be well worth noting at this point in time is the interpretive aspect of this event. Time and time again the tired old canard referencing "hiding in the woods" is trotted out, but this site doesn't have a heck of a lot of forest cover, and, if the weather is decent, there could be a substantial opportunity to interact with the public.

Yes, that is one reason we had two historical interpretation classes at the COI last weekend. Here is yet another rare opportunity to spend the weekend on a battlefield site that hasn't been beaten to death event after event after event. Sometimes that tidbit is so obvious that it is overlooked, but there you have it.
                    [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Work, work, work. That's what the event organizers are doing. Are you registered?

Comment

Just putting this event back in folks' minds. Registrations are being accepted.
                        Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Just a note to say that local support will be big for this. Folks are excited that the land has been saved and are committed now to help pay for the privilege of having it protected.
                          Ley Watson

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Fall is approaching..why isn't your name on the list?

Comment

Grumpy,

Yep. Now that the Death March is over and done for yet another year, it is high time to get rolling on Bristoe Station and After The Battle/Slaughter Pen. Although both events are close in terms of scheduling and geography, they are both well worth supporting. Matter of fact, I sure don't want to hear anyone in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic regions crying about the lack of any good events late in 2008. Here they are at your doorstep.

No word on whether or not either event will feature pie.
                              [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Working...
                              X