Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loaner Gear and Carpooling

Gentlemen,
    I've decided to go CS for ATB, and being as proud as I am in owning a nice Federal frock, it seems to be almost a crime to leave it sitting in the closet for the event. I have a Federal frock coat, size 40, made by a reputable but unmentionable vendor. Anyone who wishes to borrow it, let me know via PM... I also have quite a few other federal items available for loans if anyone needs them. Inquire, again, via PM...
    Also, a comrade and I will be leaving the Cecil County, MD area friday after 5 PM. Anyone who would like to tag along, let me know. We have room for at least one or two more...
    Thanks.
    Billy Birney
    twbirney@aol.om
    William Birney
    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Re: Loaner Gear and Carpooling

Billy:

I am up to something. Will email you tomorrow.:)
    Ley Watson
    POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Hey all,
      I would really like to go to this event since i own a nice frock, and other early war stuff that I hardly ever get to wear. Anyways, if anyone in the Indiana area(or those passing through via I-70) are going, send me a PM or sound off here about possibly carpooling.
      -Clay

PS: If I go I will have an extra early war uniform (either an enlisted US frock or CS RDI/ commutation jacket both in 44") haven't decided whether I'll go as CS/US yet...depends on who I can find to ride/ fall in with.
      Last edited by claynpendleton; 09-30-2008, 07:46 PM.
      Clay N. Pendleton
      Muncie, Ind.
      Memberships:
      CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Comment

Clay,

Registration is officially closed for this event. If you can get me your registration this week, I'll accept it.
        Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

While we are on the topic of loaner gear, if anyone has a Fed. overcoat I can borrow it will be greatly appreciated. I'm a size 42-44. Thanks.
          James Duffney
          61st NY
          Brave Peacock Mess

Comment

Yo Duff,
            I may be able to get you one...and since I'll be driving you, it'll be easy to pick up!!
            Matt
            [I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Matt Kraybill[/FONT][/I]
            [B][SIZE="5"]61st Regiment
            New York Volunteers[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Well, my local comrade dropped out, and having developed a distaste for road trips, even short ones, unaccompanied, I was wondering if anyone heading down the I-95 corridor through Delaware and/or Cecil County would happen to have extra space for someone with little gear and some gas money... Thanks..

Billy Birney
              William Birney
              Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
              Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Working...
              X