Clear All

• Aft Aar

I had fun, how 'bout you?

Take that, Charles...

Bill Birney
    Columbia Rifles
    William Birney
    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Re: Aft Aar

Bill,

Wounded? Shirking? or Eloping?

(Of course, Chawls will see himself has having preempted you, as the OTB AAR has been running since he made the first water drops long about last Thursday)
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Hilly Billy,

I'm shocked to learn you weren't taking private French lessons from Pepe, but at least he took a few moments to review the troops in between circling the buildings and leaving a little eau de skunk. Poor thing, one of his hind legs looked to be a bit gimpy.

Those persimmons were wonderful!
      [B]Charles Heath[/B]
      [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

I thought the event went very well, for as long as it lasted. They let us go on Saturday, about 4 pm. I was a little disappointed, as I think were both the event organizers, as well as most of the Federals. I definitely had a good time while the event was going on. Here's my overly-long AAR...

After The Battle AAR
        From: Pvt. John Williamson (played by Chas. Kibler), Co. B, 11th NJ Voluneers

I & the two riders I picked up (Bill Birney from Elkton & Brian O'Connor from Towson) got together about 1pm Friday and arrived on-site about 4:30, IIRC (they needed to do a grocery shop in Fredericksburg, and we also had a pre-event stop at a local WaWa for gassing up ourselves & the car). No problem at all getting down there, for once. Several were already there (maybe a dozen or two)... and more were arriving all the time.

By 10 or 11 pm, I imagine just about all the Federals were there, and they happily housed us in a long, covered, open-sided shed (think it was an old cow shed, as it had a trough running down the middle). Great quarters, and much of it was even hay-covered & soft. Most of both Federal companies fit in that building, although some of Co. I spilt over into an adjacent barn.

The weather had mostly held out, giving us only a few light sprinkles in the evening hours ...barely reason to saunter under cover.

The Rebs were herded beyond us, down the farm lane, out into & over a big, flat field toward the direction of the RR tracks running parallel to the distant (500 yd?) wood line. I found out later their bivouac area was just to "our side" of the RR tracks, as they were not allowed to cross the tracks into the woods, as such was Nat'l Park land, and not CWPT land, this event being understandably confined to CWPT-land. Most of the "Cornfeds" set up shelters & what they could in swale or such near the tracks. Bad idea, as it turned out...

About midnight, after maybe an hour's sleep, I got up and banked Co. B's fire. I just got back under my blanket and then the skies finally decided to open up with a powerful storm, and Thor was present as well, sending down a few flashing streaks. It rained pretty heavy for a bit, and the winds blew as well. Heavy enough rain, in fact, on the tin roof above our (Federal) heads to drown out most all the snoring still going on around me. Word was, many of the Rebs woke up in several inches of water. I managed to get a few hours sleep, but got up for good about 4pm (remarkably found our fire still burning!), made some coffee and enjoyed the very mild weather, with temps hovering above 50. There were still some off-and-on sprinkles to contend with, but it was not hard for me to keep relatively dry.

Reveille was at 6 o'clock. We then had a roll call, supped some coffee & crunched some crackers. Once it got light enough to read & write, I fulfilled my clerking duties by filling out my first Morning Report for Sgt. Bannister (Brian Roman). I duly reported that Co. B of the 11th New Jersey had 25 privates reporting for duty, as well as 5 Officers & NCO's. Not a bad showing for the expected weather. Both companies then formed up, counted off, & and we went through some "battalion" drill and practiced skirmishing by the bugle. For a group of a lot of guys (about 70?) that did not normally fall in together, I think things went pretty well. I think the officers were also happy, which was what counted most! At this time, envelopes containing each soldier’s fate were handed out, but we were warned NOT to read them until told.

We were then allowed a few minutes rest, but around 8:30 o'clock formed up in heavy marching orders for the day's duties. At this time we were also allowed to read our "fate" letters -- the name of the soldier of the 11th NJ each was to portray, and his historical fate -- both for that day and the war. I learned I was to portray Pvt. John Williamson. We then tramped off down a muddied lane in the direction of the distant RR & woods line, and then moved to the right into a stubble field. Ahead of us, the yonder field was liberally sprinkled with what appeared to be many dead blue-clad soldiers, remaining from the previous day’s engagement …bodies with all warmth of life expended. [These were mannequins acquired especially for the event, clothed in loaned Federal clothing, and placed about the fields. IMHO, this was an excellent way to give an added touch of authenticity to the event. They were distant enough from all that it was not evident they were not real.] Some of us also noticed what appeared to be a few human forms near the far wood line... probably Confederate pickets. Both NJ companies were then ordered into a long skirmish line, and – after the appropriate notes from the bugle -- we advanced toward the enemy, which by then had begun popping off some rounds in our direction. We advanced and fired, retreated, and advanced again. All of this required laying prone in the somewhat muddy field to fire & load. All with full knapsack & other gears slung over our shoulders. Not an easy task for inexperienced, feather-bed soldiers that we were portraying (this was the 11th New Jersey’s first action, as they had only been in the service about 4 months, with much of that time spent garrisoning Washington City).

It was then decided to pull Co. D off the line, and leave I Company on the line to contend with the enemy. Amazingly, Co. D had gone unscathed [perhaps to the chagrin of our commander, as at least one Co. D boy was supposed to have been wounded, but he told me later he didn't realize we would be called off-line so quickly & had simply not yet taken his hit]. We were allowed to rest for a good period (maybe 2 hours) behind a farm dwelling while the gallant boys of Co. I kept the rebels at bay -- and hopefully inflicted some casualties. Happily, the sky began clearing, and the sun came out! I took the time to scribe a letter home for a fellow private who contended he could not write, and we both hoped it would not be his last. This same fellow had suffered the only "hit" that I knew of so far, when his haversack was “shot” through, that same shot cleanly "holing" at least two of his hardcrackers! A lucky break, for sure.

About noon Co. D was called into line, and went to the relief of our brothers in arms that had been keeping up a sporadic fire. We heated things up a bit, as I know we woke up our foe. Company D quickly suffered at least two casualties, which were efficiently evacuated to an aid station located in a nearby barn.

Things must have become too lively for the sesech, as they ceased fire, and began withdrawing. We took the time to arise and tried our best to taunt the foe, but they refused to engage. My suspicion now is that the on-line company was pulled off to re-supply... as bitter pills again commenced flying our way, and we were now caught being a bit too incautious. In fact, I was just crouching to fire, and all of a sudden it felt as if I'd been kicked by a mule in the gut! "Oh My Mother!" I screamed, & fell back writhing in pain. I'd taken a rebel bullet in the right lower abdomen. Things went fuzzy quickly. I recall another soldier (or two?) taking some gear off me, then trying to help me across the field toward the aid station. Feeling very faint, I almost passed out several times. The queasiness was not helped by the sight of my own [pretend] blood and entrails... I could finally make it no farther, and collapsed. I believe several medical orderlies then came to my aid, but can't say for certain. The next thing I remember was being hoisted onto a surgeon's table (the surgeon from the 28th Mass, I later learned). A cloud of chloroform descended upon my face and I surrendered my body to the consummate skills of the surgeon [Noah Briggs] & his excellent staff. I survived the initial probing & surgery, and was carried to a hay-covered location between two other wounded soldiers.

The pain in my right, lower abdomen, and my thirst for water soon became unbearable. The first was relieved by the administration of several pills (opium?), and the latter by some sups of water, most of which I could not hold down. I descended into a haze at this point, and remember little ...except the unrelieved thirst. After maybe 2 or 3 hours I was again taken to the surgeon's table, and I think I recall him talking to his staff about puss, and other disgusting matters. It was looking decidedly poorly for Pvt. Williamson. I also remember the surgeon screaming for onlookers remove themselves from the vicinity. But again, the chloroform knocked me out. When I last awoke, I again found myself in the company of other moaning soldiers, but whose wounds seemed less severe than mine. I think I then must have expired...

...as we were then told we could come “out” of First Person & should make ourselves ready for an approaching storm. Huh? We were fine -- we had shelter and we had succor! However, I did get up to deal with one, true abdominal pain (my bowels *really* were hurting, as I had been refraining from pissing for SO long it had become hurtful!). Once relieved, I found our hospital was rapidly filling with the sight, sound and smell of butternut & gray clad soldiers -- seeking shelter from the storm, which was rapidly approaching from the west. And more were on the way from across the field. By the time many of them arrived, the storm (which had, admittedly, blown thru in a fit of sound & fury) had already blown over, and clearing skies were again visible. By now the Rebs had pretty much taken over the barn, with bedrolls aplenty laid out in every corner and along all walls.

Throughout this, I was privately hoping the event would again commence, as the worst of the weather appeared to be gone, even with the low temps predicted for the night. After a spell, however, it was announced that the Big Bugs had decided to call the event off. Supposedly some Rebs had already decided they'd had enough & departed. By now it was probably only about 3 o'clock. Fully recovered, we wounded again donned our soldierly apparel (which had all been efficiently tagged and brought to the aid station -- nothing was missing), and reported to that same shed where we had spent the previous night and to which the blue-clad soldiers had gone during the recent downpour. After a brief dress parade, the Federals then met the remaining men of the 21st Virginia. We were addressed by our able commanders, Kevin O'Bierne and Dusty Chapman, who thanked us for attending and for the money we raised (almost $5K), dismissed us, and wished us safe ride home.

Lastly, in a strange bit of comic relief, a curious skunk came loping over the field in its odd gait, approaching to within a score or so yards of our humanly gathering. At least one simple soldier approached it in return. Finally, the small beast felt the urge to retreat, probably by the superior aroma arising from our ranks. The critter headed off in a southerly direction, its true allegiance now revealed.

I and my two carpooling buddies then gathered all our things (including some loaner gear for the blue-clad dummies out in the field), and set off back toward Maryland. We happily encountered no traffic problems, and arrived back north of Baltimore around 7pm.

Charles Kibler
        Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."
        Robert E. Lee
        Last edited by Chuck A Luck; 11-16-2008, 08:47 PM.
        Charles Kibler
        [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
        Robert E. Lee

Comment

I had a great time! I too was hoping that the event would resume Saturday evening, but that was not to be.

Mr. Kibler, I was one of the two privates from company I that came out to help you from the field. Thanks for the brief, but great 1st person that we had going to the aide station. Asking us to give the surgeon your letter home was a great touch as well. I think that it caught the both of us off guard when you handed it to us. I also couldn't help but feel a little saddened as we left the barn to return to the company knowing that you probably were not going to make it much longer.

The scenario was great. I really enjoyed spending the day on the picket line trying to keep my head down, while looking for a rebel target. The realistic distances and conditions allowed for some great 1st person while on the line (George, I guess that wiskey ration wager will have to wait!).

It was great to be out in the field with CR's again. I really enjoyed seeing Chris, Garr, Pete, and Bill again, as well as getting the chance at meeting some new people also.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event possible. Too bad it couldn't have lasted the full weekend. On to 2009!

Bob Bowser
          Formerly George Boice
          Company I, 11th New Jersey
          Bob Bowser

Comment

Thanks for the helping hands, Bob. I appreciated it. ;)

That "letter home" was actually my "fate" information, which I supposed the surgeon should have, as I reckoned it would be good for him to "know" what's wrong, w/o a mortally wounded soldier trying to explain it to him. Using you all to convey that to him stuck me at some point as the way to go. I'm glad it worked out.
            Charles Kibler
            [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
            Robert E. Lee

Comment

It was with great regret I had to take an opportunity to furlough late Firday night due to the needs of the family at home. I think this was the shortest event for me in 22 years of doing this (three hours from arrival to departure). But I got a wood detail in and almost tipped over the company coffee pot. So I guess I accomplished something. I met some fellows around the camp fire who I hope to cross paths with some time in the future.

Sorry to hear the event ended the next day.
              Ben Grant

Founder and sole member of the Funnel Cake Mess

Comment

Atb Aar

I'll add my name to the list of those who hoped the event would resume, but then again i didn't sleep the night before in a puddle, and even after a three day event with beautiful weather I usually find myself still wanting more. I had a great time and was thoroughly impressed by the attention to detail that was put forth in creating a battlefield strewn with bodies and an excellent field hospital. I didn't hear mention that this was happening so when Companies I and D depoyed as skirmishers I had a "wow" moment as my eyes hit a field filled with corpses. I though that a great effort was given by many to portraying soldiers that hadn't seen combat. I had many great period conversations both on and off the field. The boys did a great job of sticking to their fates, but also to the "suggested field encounters" such as balls passing through equipment and uniforms. I vividly remember a lad screaming profanities after his bible had been hit by a ball that had pierced his haversack. I also had the privldege of overhearing Mr. Kibbler reading a letter from his wife to a few surrounding boys(an excellent period moment). Hearing on Saturday that we had raised almost $4000 towards the battlefield was inspiring. To help future events, my only critizism was that that a couple of boys on the federal side were wearing brown work boots, I felt as though the pre event standards should have been enforced. Other than that the event was excellent. I was provided many great memories and experiences. Horrah to the event organizers for all their hard work and efforts put into this event.

Pvt. Hugh Mulcahy
                Co. D 11th New Jersey
                Ryan McIntyre
                124th New York State Volunteers
                Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
                Joseph H. Johnston
                March 16th 1863
                Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
                Henry M Howell
                March 8 1863
                In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

Had a pleasant time, all in all. Learned at least one ancestor of Lane's NC brigade had served on the property we were on. So, a nice personal touch for me. Miserable weather, but managed to set up a shelter tent with a comrade, full-time navy, living in Norfolk, from Alabama. It's a great thing, this hobby. Being able to 'set up housekeeping' with someone before you even know his name. And now I forget it. But, then again, I can't remember my girlfriend's name, and I've been with her for a year. Thus, I just call her 'girl', and I'll call my new Navy comrade "Squid'' or some such. Good to see a few guys I've run into quite a bit this past year. And can't remember for the life of me any names. But no matter. Got to see J-Lloyd, JFK of Mass, that grey-headed New Yorker I've run into a few times, and Valley Girl. It's been a wet year, starting with Glendale as a CS POW, and ending at Fredericksburg serving in the same company as the CS guards from Glendale. Irony, Irony...
                  Well, leaving early had a good side. KFC and a nice relaxing cigarette or ten or twenty lifted my spirits if now my body temperature. Then, crossing the Susquehanna.... Well, I made the bridge shake from the 'rebel yell' I gave when I reached old Cecil... Now, the girl is spending the night with a friend because the house reeks from uniforms, wet socks, and old shoes. That's ok, too... I'll be sleeping with my brand-new '42 Springfield anyway. Thanks, Mr. Piering...

Charles,
                  That old skunk made the event for me. When you get a little further into Racine's book, when the Fifth MD occuppies Fredericksburg after Lee's surrender, you'll read about their adventure with a skunk. If you haven't yet laughed reading that book, you definately will at that point. Maybe that polecat we saw yesterday afternoon was a descendant of the 'kitty' that gave those boys so much trouble. I like to think it was.

Billy Birney
                  William Birney
                  Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
                  Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

My AAR will be delivered for the Fredericksburg event in the form of the time-honored and great Japanese writing tradition of haiku:

Fredericksburg: After the Battle

by Johnny Lloyd

Driving, long hours with anticipation- Excitement and yearning.

Good, old friends there

Pop some rounds, do some picket duty.

Eat Neill's delicious cooking and have a slug of whiskey.

-----------------------------

Bed-down for the night

Make my shebang and put my cold head down for rest.

Damn the rain on my head, damn the rain on my head...

Fuggit- let's all go home.

Thanks for a fun weekend seeing old friends, even if it was so short.

One suggestion for next year's event: I think it could be good to have a COI, drill, lectures/demonstrations and/or a living history that was open to the public on the land to raise more money for the land's preservation and have fellowship for all participants. I feel this should be done next year. I'd do it!

But that's just my humble opinion... :wink_smil

Weather-be-damned... a bad day at reenacting is better than a good day at the office... :wink_smil.

Oh, for all you nitpickers out there: If the above isn't officially haiku, I really don't give a damn. :D

All the best- Johnny Lloyd :wink_smil
                    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 11-16-2008, 10:19 PM.
                    Johnny Lloyd
                    John "Johnny" Lloyd
                    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                    SCAR
                    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Pepe - the Legend

When I arrived on Friday morning, Pepe greeted me near registration. Little fellow came right for me in his most polite position, head first. After a few moments he retreated to the shed next to the registration barn, sauntered back and forth and generally seemed pretty comfortable.

All through the day, Friday night and into Sunday morning, we caught little whiffs but, nothing major. It is nice to see he visited others.

Charles surmised, and I agree, that the ladies that put out cat food for the feral cats help Pepe stay in prime and plump condition. With feral males around spraying, as well as a bunch of smelly guys, it is certain that a little shot of his own scent set things fairly straight. Nothing overdone.

As far as the event went, I think some will be surprised by the numbers of dollars generated by this group and the civilians on Saturday. Charles and Bev's preservation pies and other assorted goodies served as a wonderful tasty reward for those who figured out why we were there.

Another plus for me on this event was meeting and spending time with a fellow by the name of Jimmy Newton, DP's brother. What a nice guy! The POC'R Boys followed his group on a successive weekend doing a workday out at the White Oak Museum. After fifteen years of knowing DP it was nice to fit a piece of the puzzle together, catch up on how "Momma" is doing and hear how married life is treating DP.

Being in the rear with the gear has its drawbacks. You just do not have a clue as to what is happening inside the event. Dusty and Kevin made a very tough call Saturday afternoon. If we had gotten a little snow, that part of Virginia would have seen all four seasons in about six hours. Safety has to come first... but you already knew that.

For at least the last three years of my involvement, Dusty and Kevin have set a standard for events that will be difficult to equal. While we will see them, others will have to contrive, research, obtain land, and make history come to life. Thank you two guys for introducing me to this side of the hobby. I will always be very grateful.
                      Ley Watson
                      POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

I would like to thank all of the event orgaizers and Kabuki for all of the time and effort you put into the event. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Thanks again!
                        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
                        Past President Potomac Legion
                        Long time member Columbia Rifles
                        Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Thanks to all the organizers and hard work you put in on this event. Myself and my comrade had a great time despite the weathers best efforts to drive us out.We certainly appreciated the privilidge of being on this historic ground and were proud to honor those who served their country, both sides. thanks Kevin & Dusty and all the rest who put this together
                          Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Thankyou

I'd like to start by extending a very since Thankyou to the event organizers, kabuki, and the CWPT. Saturday afternoon, I could see the sincere disapointment with Dusty and Jerry, when the event was ended early...I wish things would have worked out differently.

Now for the Good/Bad of the event:

Good:

Preservation $$ raised...what was the final number again?

Original Battlefield (another one to add to the list of having spent a night on).

The eerie sight walking across the cornfield and seeing bodies laid out. This was way cool...and a little unnerving at the same time.

Allmand's Barbecue Friday night...like the "old" Bill's

Oysters (yep, appropriate to the area and the season)...thanks to the NSR

Skirmish Line (0500)

Fellowship

Bad:

What happened to the all-night picket post on Friday?

CS Camp Location: Was this the only place we were "allowed" to bivauc? Looked as though there was a grassy area outside of the drainage ditch about 200 yds. North of the camp.

Hardkewls & Rain: Some peoples tolerance for the rain...is batting 0-50%...Rain is only water...

Sadly it ended up being a great night in Virginia.

Galtroop?

Location of the skirmish line, reserve company and camp needed to be expanded...we were right ontop of one another.

Redemption: After having the event end early...the trip was made Richmond for more fellowship, Nacho Mammas...and the abbreviated Richmond Tour; Hardee's Biscuits, Chickahominy Bluffs, Beaverdam Creek, Gaines Mill (was able to reconnect one of the guys with the approx. location his ancestor in the 15th Alabama was mortally wounded), Cold Harbour, Church Hill, MoC.

"Flash! Da-da"

Paul B.
                            Paul B. Boulden Jr.

RAH VA MIL '04
                            (Loblolly Mess)
                            [URL="http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm"]23rd VA Vol. Regt.[/URL]
                            [URL="http://www.virginiaregiment.org/The_Virginia_Regiment/Home.html"]Waggoner's Company of the Virginia Regiment [/URL]

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]Company of Military Historians[/URL]
                            [URL="http://www.moc.org/site/PageServer"]Museum of the Confederacy[/URL]
                            [URL="http://www.historicsandusky.org/index.html"]Historic Sandusky [/URL]

Inscription Capt. Archibold Willet headstone:

"A span is all that we can boast, An inch or two of time, Man is but vanity and dust, In all his flower and prime."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Greyfox View Post
                              Bad:

What happened to the all-night picket post on Friday?
                              Weather, pure and simple. Got just as wet as it turned out, but that was the reason.

CS Camp Location: Was this the only place we were "allowed" to bivauc? Looked as though there was a grassy area outside of the drainage ditch about 200 yds. North of the camp.
                              Like the woods behind us, that was CSX land and unavailable to us.

Hardkewls & Rain: Some peoples tolerance for the rain...is batting 0-50%...Rain is only water...
                              Rain wasn't the issue. Rain AND cold temps and add in a little tornado warning.

Galtroop?
                              Not against the rules if not turned in.

Location of the skirmish line, reserve company and camp needed to be expanded...we were right ontop of one another.
                              Not ideal distances, but we did the best with the available space. It would be wonderful to have appropriate spacing for the three lines of skirmish, but that would have put us right on top of the Feds and I thought that distance needed to be more realistic than the space between our own companies. My call.

Glad you enjoyed your Sunday. Those of us who live in the area take these places for granted.
                              Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
                              X