Lost & Found: ATB/Slaughter Pen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost & Found: ATB/Slaughter Pen

Found: A bayonet tip and two other items on the far left flank of the rebs. Describe the other two items of far more value than a bayonet tip, and they are yours.

Found: Neill Rose's missing items. We can mail these to you.

Lost: Large single blade, bone handled, pocket knife in new condition. This is somewhere out on the reb side of the field, and the owner said it may have fallen from his vest pocket Saturday morning.

That's all for the moment. This big bowl of piping hot soup is very good right now.....
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Re: Lost & Found: ATB/Slaughter Pen

Missing in the hospital barn- one really beat-up brogan, last seen near the straw bale bunker. If found, please contact Noah Briggs at bluemasscat at yahoo dot com.

Thank you!

Comment

Noah,

I found the shoe but don't have it. I can replace with a worn out small pair if they are props. Let me know.

Dusty
      Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

i was unable to make it to this event but wandered down there about noon sunday and found nobody there so i walked around a little and found a nice poke sack full of tobacco in the barn with the hay bails...the sack was burgandy with a "swirly" pattern on it.

as i was driving out there was a gentelman who said he knew most of the guys so i gave it to him.

just thought i would let someone who lost a tobacco sack know.

wish i coulda been there in the rain and cold friday.:D

Comment

Charles,

The bayonet tip may be mine. Contact me at alita08@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
          John Christiansen
          SGLHA
          PLHA

Comment

I lost my pocket knife on Saturday morning. It was nothing special, the type that used to be sold by CJ Daley. However, it has served me faithfully at events and in everyday life for over six years and I have came quite attached to it (well at least as much as one can to a faithful knife)

The most distinguishing feature is the one of the sides of the wooden handle is much darker (almost black) then the reserve side.

Please PM me or email at dutter00@yahoo.com if you happened to come across it. Thanks.
            Dane Utter
            Washington Guard

Comment

nevermind I found them , thanks
              cheers
              j korber
              Joe Korber

oh so many things,
              way to much to list
              have a good one
              :wink_smil

Comment

Joe,

Good to know! I did a final sweep of the site yesterday, and other than a few cleaning patches, some candle wax drips, some scorched yellow grits, and a red potato or two, there wasn't much left.

John, when I next get to the post office in downtown Jefferson, I'll mail you your item. I'm still wondering to whom the other two items belong, but that will eventually shake itself out. No pun intended.

In the general category of "not found, and glad of it," the amount of post-event trash amounted to approximately one half of one cubic foot of debris. Thank you for not leaving behind a bunch of garbage.
                [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Hey if anyone found a plain brown hand knit scarf please, please let me know. It has a lot of sentimental value to me so I would be extremely relieved if someone found it. Heck I might even throw in a reward.

Thanks,
                  Rob Weber

Comment

Jefferson MD has a downtown?!?!?!?!?!
                    Brad Ireland
                    Old Line Mess
                    4th VA CO. A
                    SWB

Comment

Brad,

Yes, "downtown" is essentially where the new Post Office, Hemp's Meats, McGovern's Bakery, and Jefferson Market come together. The biggest happening in town is the man across the street tore down the old wooden shed.

Hemp's, or at least the family, by the way has been there on that corner since before the war, but the blacksmith shops, harness makers, and such have eased away. "Uptown" would be where the traffic signal is located. I would make a joke about that, but two young ladies were killed there not long ago in a horrible motor vehicle accident.

The "Battle of Jefferson" is also known as the "Day the Circus Came To Town," as it involved zou zous, lancers, and they were certainly colorful characters. Marylanders, being the staunch Unionists that they were in this part of the world, closed their doors and shuttered their windows for the rebs, but were wining, dining, and dancing in the street for the federals. Next, the "Battle of Quebec School," and how it changed the course of the war...just kidding.

We still have two items for the boys to claim.
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Working...
                      X