Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few CS reminders

Glendale/Malvern Hill Reminders

The SWB will provide the nesting kettles mentioned in Communication #7 (April 5th). Folks do not have to worry about bringing any more.

Participants should arrive with a full belly, squeeky clean completely functioning musket, a flat haversack and no rounds or caps in their boxes! Rations will be issued Saturday morning. Rounds will also be issued Saturday.

Fire pits will be pre dug by the event organizers, no fires outide of these areas.

Registration is at the Malvern HIll Visitor Shelter. Friday night CS camp site is at the ruins of the Parsonage. Please try to arrive prior to dusk.

To help give the company a semi-uniform appearance and replicate the equipment situtation of A.P. Hill's troops, it's requested that if guys can they do one of three things: bring a Federal knapsack, bring a Federal blanket in a bedroll, or bring an appropriate Confederate or civilian blanket in a bedroll.

Folks should arrive "ready to go" on Friday. I don't believe there will be a whole lot of physical activity on Friday but guys may be called upon to perform some tasks........Jerry Stiles

Re: A few CS reminders

Jerry,

Good stuff. I look forward to seeing you folks in a few days. Every time we have walked through the woods and fields we have learned something new, and I hope the attendees will have read enough of the background material to understand where they are, what they are doing, and why things happened the way they did.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Working...
    X