Glendale Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glendale Photos

Here are a few photographs I took yesterday (Sat.) of the Confederates on the Glendale part of the battlefield. Enjoy,

Greg Starbuck
    Attached Files
    The brave respect the brave. The brave
    Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
    That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
    And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Re: Glendale Photos

I see my hat, I see my hat.

Oh, well, standing behind the 1st Corporal does make it a bit hard to be seen.

Had a great time folks, love to serve again with the new folks I ran into. Really great seeing some of the regulars again.

Loved the rain this morning. Walking down the road with the rain pouring down can bring a smile to anybody's face.
    Jim Peterson
    Rowdy Pards

Comment

Greg:

It was great to finally meet you. Thanks.
      Ley Watson
      POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Greg,

I didn't realize that was you. I was sitting next to Mark Berrier and pointed him out to you. I had you as taller for some reason. I would have said Hi.

Dusty
        Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Guys- I've got more photos, contact me and we'll figure out a way to get them to you.

Greg Starbuck
          The brave respect the brave. The brave
          Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
          That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
          And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Comment

I see my backside in the second picture marching....
            Robert F. Wallace
            38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
            North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

Greg,

Could you send the photos to my email address. It is listed in Members Section. Thank you for taking the pictures. Most of the time I just have the memories. Pictures help as I get older to recall things.

Peter J. McCarthy
              "Sgt. Maj. Peter L. Hull"

POC'R Boys Mess/Columbia Rifles
              Peter J. "Pete" McCarthy
              POC'R Boy's Mess/Columbia Rifles

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10

Comment

Originally posted by robwall1861 View Post
                I see my backside in the second picture marching....
                Rob,

You are also in the first image...dead center just to the right of the bugler (foreground). I'm standing on your left side, just to the left of Jerry Stiles (foreground).

Greg,

Thanks for getting some pics of everyone...I'll be looking forward to seeing the other pics you took.

Paul B.
                Paul B. Boulden Jr.

RAH VA MIL '04
                (Loblolly Mess)
                [URL="http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm"]23rd VA Vol. Regt.[/URL]
                [URL="http://www.virginiaregiment.org/The_Virginia_Regiment/Home.html"]Waggoner's Company of the Virginia Regiment [/URL]

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]Company of Military Historians[/URL]
                [URL="http://www.moc.org/site/PageServer"]Museum of the Confederacy[/URL]
                [URL="http://www.historicsandusky.org/index.html"]Historic Sandusky [/URL]

Inscription Capt. Archibold Willet headstone:

"A span is all that we can boast, An inch or two of time, Man is but vanity and dust, In all his flower and prime."

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Peterson View Post

Had a great time folks, love to serve again with the new folks I ran into. Really great seeing some of the regulars again.

Loved the rain this morning. Walking down the road with the rain pouring down can bring a smile to anybody's face.
                  At least you weren't the 5th Sgt. I get to stand behind all you tall fellas and never get in the photos.
                  Mark C. Gibson
                  4th VA, Stonewall Bde
                  Shocker Mess

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Peterson View Post

Being the 5th Sgt. standing behind all you tall fellers means I'll never be in any pictures.
                    Mark C. Gibson
                    4th VA, Stonewall Bde
                    Shocker Mess

Comment

Greg,

It was wonderful to meet you at the event, and certainly a pleasant surprise!

Not wanting to hijack your thread, simply using it as a repository for event images, here is a shot of the Randolf Mess, portraying Company F of the 1st US Sharpshooters at Malvern Hill this past weekend. After the event we headed up to Gettysburg and had our image struck at Gibson's studio.

From left to right is Bill Skillman, Brian White, Dan Wambaugh, and Chad Fuller.

Best,

Dan
                      Dan Wambaugh
                      Wambaugh, White, & Company
                      www.wwandcompany.com
                      517-303-3609
                      Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

FYI Feds,

For those who didn't receive the email from Bill Birney, the photos he took are now on the Yahoo group. Likewise, are those submitted from Brian Holt's personal collection.

Jason C. Spellman
                        Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Hi,

Where in Gettysburg is the Gibson's Studio and how much does a wet plate image cost? If any one could give me the information that would be great. Thank you.
                          Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Kasmar View Post
                            Where in Gettysburg is the Gibson's Studio and how much does a wet plate image cost?
                            Drop him a line.

civilwarphotography.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf civilwarphotography.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Eric
                            Eric J. Mink
                            Co. A, 4th Va Inf
                            Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you.
                              Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Working...
                              X