Thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

First, the participants - Each of you were great. The event was challenging and you came through with flying colors. It is interesting how many think the large fields were the battlefield. Not so. You were on actual ground and you gave honor to those men who fought there.

Your contributions helped raised dollars as well. A final accounting will be posted this week. The CWPT will be proud.

Also, thank you to the 1st Pa Artillery. That country lane was a b%&@* to negotiate but, you sure surprised a bunch of Confederates.

Jerry and Dave - Great job. Moving over difficult ground was a challenge and you met the challenges. We did not loose one person and the intensity you instilled in your men shined. The interesting rations for the Confederates on Saturday morning were hopefully compensated for later that day.

NPS and CWPT - Steve Wyngarden (CWPT) Tim Mauch and Ed Sanders both of the NPS) were all delightful to work with on this unique event. Their understanding and support was first rate and made everything happen.

A special thanks goes to Law Enforcement Ranger Bein Olevencia. "Gentle Bein" made sure we were safe both on the workday and over this past weekend. A great guy.

Finally, the Committee - Kevin O'Beirne for sharing his vast knowledge and his great working relationship with the Richmond BP. Charles Heath for leading the charge, hydration and a schedule built for safety. Joe Caridi and Pete McCarthy for the research of the units, and most of all for acting as guides over the site. Union Bank and Trust for providing the performance bonds on a short turn around.

Ad Hock Kabuki - Doug Oaks and Terri (Doug's wife, pronounced O'Chevy) were great at registration and making sure the water was in place, on time. Black Jack (mascot of the event) was a hoot.

Bev Heath - What can we say? You put up with us. You managed to get lost only once and were great company. In addition, you live with Charles.

Just to keep the record straight, the Hocks and tails are southern delights. Thank goodness there were some Virginians, South Carolinians and Georgians who knew what to do with them. Hmmmm good.

We hope everyone had a good experience. What passes for fun in our end of the hobby entails a little S&M to feel right. Thank you all for coming and supporting a great cause.
    Last edited by ley74; 04-21-2008, 10:02 AM.
    Ley Watson
    POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Re: Thank you!

Gentlemen,

I want thank Jerry, and "47 Virginia, Company I". It was my pleasure and honor to serve as your guide this passed weekend. It was a hard go and we survived. We shared in some hard times (thirst) and had a few laughs upon the way.

I hope that this experience was a new one for everyone. How often or ever did you get to do skirmish drill through terrain like that? This was my first experience at Guide/Sgt Maj (with no other function other than guide) and carrying a sword. I have to tell you I was happy to carry the sword instead of a rifle.

Thank you Ley, Charles, Bev, Doug, Terri, Nick, and Almost for all you did. I want to thank my brother by different mothers and fathers Joe Caridi for everything that he did.

The knapsack that I carried was a true battlefield find. Joe said trust him the week before the event and give me your blanket. He packed his knapsack with things for himself. A pair of drawers, socks, housewife, writing tablet with 3 dollers, 3 letters that I read, and a pipe and tobacco. Everything I needed for the weekend. I must tell everyone that on Sunday in the rain I came real close to putting that drawers on. However, I did not and I am glad, they were soiled. Yes, I said they were soiled. Thanks JOE.

Peter J. McCarthy

POC'R Boys Mess/Columbia Rifles
    Peter J. "Pete" McCarthy
    POC'R Boy's Mess/Columbia Rifles

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10

Comment

Working...
    X