X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glendale-Malvern Hill - 18-20 April 2008

Gentlemen:

We have a number federal registrations in this past week (will be up on the list server "Yahoo Group" Monday). It will take about 20 more to re-open the Confederate side at the last possible minute. If you are thinking about attending this event as a federal, we would appreciate it. So would several Confederates waiting to get in.

Please search on this forum for history and FAQ. You will be amazed.

One last thing, a couple of folks for the work weekend on April 12th would be great. The NPS is supplying 100% of the supplies. All you need are boots, gloves and a great sense of humor. A wonderful BBQ lunch will be supplied. No kidding. Please PM or email me at ley74@rcn.com
    Ley Watson
    POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

The registration list through April 3 is up on the Yahoo List server.

Please remember, registrations MUST be postmarked no later than April 7. Thank you.
      Ley Watson

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

A Helpful Hint

Evening to you All:

Life has interrupted for the last couple of days and more information is up on the Yahoo List Server. If you have not done so, please join. If you do not you may miss critical information regarding the event. The http may be found in this thread.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
        Ley Watson

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
          Past President Potomac Legion
          Long time member Columbia Rifles
          Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Folks,

Confederate registration has been closed for some time, and federal registration closed on Monday. As Bartles & James used to say in their deadpan but enjoyable commercials, "Thank you for your support."

Grumpy Dave has a nice size company, and Jerry has what would pass for a brigade at some events. Finding redlegs willing to fire a few rounds on the actual ground at Malvern Hill has proven to be a bit of a challenge, but I'm happy to see the fellows who like to reach out and touch someone with lengthy Sharps have a nice contingent of serious living history buffs. Rest assured all of Central Virginia's rainfall shortages will be solved during the weekend of 18-20 April 2008, unless Grumpy has really and truly broken the curse.

I'm looking forward to the event-before-the-event in the form of a work day hauling appliances and junk from the gas line cut crossing Willis Church Road (just north of the Parsonage Ruins) this Saturday (12 April 2008) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the NPS has installed a new culvert, as well as promised the provision of a roll on/off dumpster to help accomplish some of this work. "Bull" Watson says there is a bribe in the form of BBQ for lunch, but at the risk of introducing a forum conflagration as to what BBQ is best, worst, over rated, and/or underated, we'll leave it at that. If you missed Park Day last weekend, well, here's a second opportunity to have some fun.

As if Ley doesn't have enough emails in his box, if you are interested in getting a bit dirty, funky, muddy, and sweaty for a few hours Saturday, then shoot him an email at ley74@rcn.com
            [B]Charles Heath[/B]
            [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Working...
            X