Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds at Marmadukes

Gents,
    I am pleased and proud to announce the addition of Company F in the Federal Battalion at Marmadukes.
    Company A is under the command of Captain Harrison Holloway, and his Lt. Skipper Owens. They will be comprised of Iowans from the Hairey Nation, men from Indiana, Michigan, Colorado, California, and Tennessee. I probabably missed a few states and I apologize.
    Company D in under the command of Captain Rob Murray. His Lt. is Jim Moffitt.
    Rob will be pulling men from Minnesota, Ohio and Indiana.
    Company F will be commanded by Captain Dave Gerow of the ONV. His company will be comprised of men from Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.
    We are building 30-35 man Companies gents so if you know some men that are on the fence pull them off and bring them in.
    Scott Gutzke will be the Sgt Major and Jason Reinholz will be acting as the Adjutant.
    Eric Fair will be the Chief Bugler.
    Charles Heath will be in charge of Commisary.
    We are still looking for men to fill the ranks of the 32nd Iowa in what is shaping up to be one of most intense events of the year.
    This will have a little of everything youve wanted to experience in an event.
    From building fortifications to hunting down partisans, all night Guard Mounts, action with the rebs, interaction with period civilians, clearing fields of fire, its all here. All we need is your participation to make it a reality.
    We are working very hard, especially Frank and his men to put this event on so lets show him how much we appreciate all their efforts and make this one of the top notch events of the year.
    I am putting together the rations for the event so the sooner you register the easier its going to be for me to purhase and make up the rations until waiting till the last minute and making myself have a nervous breakdown:cry_smile
    Cheers:D
    Terry Sorchy

Re: Feds at Marmadukes

Thanks Terry for the update and congrats to Mr. Gerow regarding Company F! He will do an excellent job and cleans up well to boot for the civilain interactions. Also good to see Mr. Reinholz and Gutzke on your staff - well deserved!

Excellent choices comrade and looking forward to the event.

Tom
    Last edited by TKlas; 07-23-2008, 06:46 AM.
    Tom Klas
    Hard Head Mess
    Citizens Guard

Comment

Terry,

Might I add that Ezra Barnhouse Goods will be within the Federal compound? We will do a chit exchange on that Friday.

Crabby
      Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
      John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

:angry_smiDamn that fed army is growing by leaps and bounds, what is up with that? Come on boys who is willing to rid the state of this vermin. Marmaduke needs your help, so get off the fence, myself included, and get a registering. I know this event will well worth the long drive, ticks, rain, snow, mud, lack of food, sore feet. Ok enough of the belly achen, lets get it on.
        Thomas J. Alleman
        "If the choice be mine, I chose to march." LOR

Comment

Although I am happy that we now have three companies I sure am going to miss my comrades of the ONV. Dave, Jason, Andy and the other NCO's who were to be with us you will do great and I hope that we can be just as good as you!

As for Co.A. We are still recruiting and looking to add some more. Our new goal is at least 30 men. (which should be easy since we have 22) Keep talking to your pards and get them registered.

The world must be turned upside down if the Union ranks have more registered than the rebels!
          Nathan Hellwig
          AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
          "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Damn that fed army is growing by leaps and bounds, what is up with that? Come on boys who is willing to rid the state of this vermin. Marmaduke needs your help, so get off the fence, myself included, and get a registering. I know this event will well worth the long drive, ticks, rain, snow, mud, lack of food, sore feet. Ok enough of the belly achen, lets get it on.
            Words of Wisdom Mr. Alleman. Get that Parent fellow to get his registration in too.

And if it makes you feel better, I promise there won't be any snow.
            Michael Comer
            one of the moderator guys

Comment

I would not mind a bit of cooler weather and yeah I hope there is not snow. I am been fence sittin because of the low registration numbers what is up? I know gas is a killer but this event sounds damn tasty. I am coming from MICHIGAN, so there is not excuse for all you local boys, I mean TN,KY,IN,OH,MO, AR,LA, IA,WI, and so on. I am sure frank will not disappoint. I like events with a good scenarios and this one is quite different and has allot of potential for first person and that what will happen next, so I will not be getting captured that is for sure.

And I will get that whiny Parent to get his registration in. Mine is going out today.
              Thomas J. Alleman
              "If the choice be mine, I chose to march." LOR

Comment

I can't explain the low registration numbers on the Confederate side. I know plenty of folks saying they are coming but I think they're like you and Dave - just not getting the registration actually sent in.

I think we'll see a larger group of Confederates starting to show up on the registered lists pretty soon. I know the organizers and company commanders would certainly appreciate having an idea the numbers for organization purposes.
                Michael Comer
                one of the moderator guys

Comment

The Texans will be there.

Regards,
                  [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Cody G. Farrell[/SIZE][/FONT]
                  [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UpStart Mess[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1"]http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1[/URL]
                  ETHC
                  [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"]Texas Ground Hornets[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/"]http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/[/URL]
                  [I][SIZE="3"][B][U][FONT="Georgia"]Texas State Troops[/FONT][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I] - [URL="http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home"]http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home[/URL]

Comment

"I am been fence sittin because of the low registration numbers what is up? "
                    That's just the problem right there a lot of people want to "wait and see". But some of you all's might just be "waitin' and seein' your way out of a good event. I've worked my butt off up till now and suffered through the nightmares to boot. If that ain't good enough for ya'll's I'll have a good time with the people who want to be there.

I certainly am not asking people to save my event stout hearts and good attitudes will be there and will do far more than large numbers of bad people in good kits. So to that I say:

"O, do not wish one more! Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland (or fill in your name here), ... We would not die in that man's company that fears his fellowship to die with us." -Henry V

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. Still more confederates would be a good thing and its for preservation too.
                    If you want to get your registration in we need to buy rations soon and pay for insurance. I'd prefer not to have to make multiple trips to the farmer's market.

Beyond that this is going to be THE campaigner event for the Fall of 2008.
                    It's going to make other fall events look like girl scout cookie season (Those who have seen the ground know what I mean). So, if you want in, now would be a good time.

To the rest of you I'll see you in September.
                    Frank
                    Last edited by Campjacksonboy; 07-23-2008, 02:54 PM. Reason: The use of generalizations is usually a bad policy.
                    Frank Aufmuth
                    When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Sorchy View Post
                      Charles Heath will be in charge of Commisary.
                      Right Hon. Rev. Pompey,

For the right price, I am still quite willing to p'ison all these blackhearted Iowa republicans, including those greatly afeared of slightly maggoty ham, those who cringe at the sight of gray coffee, and the rare cornivor Jawja ice cream hater. Did I mention I can be had mighty cheap? :p

In spite of the fact we had some second thoughts of enjoying gray at this event, supporting all that is holy in regards to states rights, and hearing harps playing and angels singing (okay, maybe an off-key whistle) at this event, in his post quoted above, Grampa Terry finally reminded me that I was grafted into the federal army while at Outpost 3 last year, whilst under the baaaaaaad influence of Kiev T., and Uncle Beau. Now, I need to get off my arse and register.

Just as Petey-The-Magnificent managed to drag eight poor souls to Rippavilla last year, and they lived to tell about it (mostly because of a multiple vehicle situation where flatulence was dispersed) I'll offer two or three seats in whatever this new vehicle my child bride has decided she can't live without. The westbound train, such that it is, departs from the Godforesaken, hardware bereft, auto parts barren, third world island nation of Maryland on 25 September 2008 with frequent stops at Awful Haus, Cracker Barrel, and a post event greens-n-veggies binge eating session at a Ruby Tuesday salad bar. At least six of us have been banned for life from the one in Jackson, Miss., but we shall endeavor to persevere.

If we can convince Petey to drag himself to this event, the losers of the lottery will ride in his recently totaled mini-van with the new door. Some of us are Jonesin' for a road trip, and the price of gasoline has dropped nearly two cents per gallon.

I still owe you a phone call, but that's okay because Terry owes me about 40 emails, and I shall terribly miss seeing the Trans-Miss folks at Athens on the Des Moines this year.
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                      [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Sorry for the lack of emails Chawls. I am a phone type guy myself. I did call on numerous occasions though. I lost your email address, send it to me and I will also call you this weekend to discuss the event.
                        Cheers:D
                        Terry Sorchy

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Sorchy View Post
                          I lost your email address....
                          Terry,

Sniff...sniff...you'll need to send me some squeaky cheese curds to make up for this....flowers just won't be enough.

(I suspect I'll see these tasty morsels about like the Hot Dish Boys provided a sample of lutefisk.)
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Anybody from the Lafayatte, IN vicinity going to this event?
                            Bene von Bremen

German Mess

"I had not previously known one could get on, even in this unsatisfactory fashion, with so little brain."
                            Ambrose Bierce "What I Saw of Shiloh"

Comment

Chawls,
                              The county in which I live is Green County. We are the top cheese producing county in the state. I'll bring you a treat Ole Boy.
                              Cheers
                              Terry Sorchy

Comment

Working...
                              X