South Eastern Missouri or Bust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Eastern Missouri or Bust!

I don’t know about ya’ll…I am getting stoked about Marmaduke’s Raid.

I was really excited about it when it was first proposed; however, now that I realize that it will be her before you know it and I have to start packing up my stuff, rolling rounds, etc. to get ready…I can not stop thinking about it.

From what I can tell, it is unlike anything any have ever attended except for those who attended BGR.

It is a long haul for me (around 12 hours) however with help of my friends Herb and folks we will be able to make the trip and split up some of the cost.

Thanks a bunch in advance to all of you who worked hard to pull it off.

Yehaw! South Eastern Missouri or Bust!
    Joel Phillips

Re: South Eastern Missouri or Bust!

Joel-

We are glad to have you and thank you for the "Nothing will get in my way of me attending", attitude.

Similar to you, I am already having dreams of this event and I can't recall that happening, except maybe BGR. You are going to have some killer experiences and see some things at an event you have never seen before. I look forward to shaking your hand and reading your AAR.

Simply put, this event, much like a BGR ,will change your life. I have no doubt you will be glad you were part of this event.

Best Regards-
    Jay Stevens
    Tater Mess
    Independent Volunteers
    Iron Man Mess
    Reenactor Preservation Coalition
    Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
    Lost Tribes, October 2009
    Bummers, November 2009
    Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
    The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
    In the Van, August 2010
    Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Ok.... check this out. I've got Joel, AJ, and a newbie coming out with me. The Newb will have his name protected until after the event to keep the innocent protected! :tounge_sm

I'm going to somehow stuff all that is Brian Hicks into the vehicle and head west.

When I get to the Mississippi I hope to cross it with no problem. I hope I can cross it and unlike on the old Oregon Trail, I won't have to caulk the wagon and ford the river. Cause having the vehicle sink would pretty much suck.

I'm still accepting all able bodied men in my company. Soundness of mind not an issue!
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

Soundness of mind not an issue!
        Clearly.

I'll go with Herb anyway.
        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
        [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
        [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by MO-Pard View Post
          We are glad to have you and thank you for the "Nothing will get in my way of me attending", attitude...I look forward to shaking your hand and reading your AAR.
          Thanks brother. I am glad I can make it. I am happy I can support y'all. I will shake your hand again in the "Show Me State" as I did in May at New Hope Church when you were in my state supporting events in my neck of the woods.

Like someone said on an earlier post, I believe we all have gear we are willing to share with those folks who are on the fence just because they believe their uniform, canteens, etc. do not meet the qualifications. They are just going to have to holler and sign up and go.
          Joel Phillips

Comment

Joel,

Look forward to seeing you as well and shaking your hand.Sorry I missed the introduction when I was at the Mill.That sack coat I purchased from you earlier this year has been put to good use.

Getting pretty close to the moment of truth for all the procrastinators,this is going to be a unique event that likely won't be offered up again!

See you at Marmaduke's Raid,
            Forrest Peterson

Tater Mess
            Tater Mess Social Orchestra
            Missourah Shirkers

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
              Look forward to seeing you as well and shaking your hand. Sorry I missed the introduction when I was at the Mill.T hat sack coat I purchased from you earlier this year has been put to good use. Getting pretty close to the moment of truth for all the procrastinators,this is going to be a unique event that likely won't be offered up again!
              Look forward to seeing you as well and shaking your hand brother. Sorry I too missed the introduction at the Mill. I am glad you liked the sack.

I believe we are all procrastinators to some degree...I have a gut feeling with a little over a month to go...more folks will be registering and attending.

See you too in Missouri
              Joel Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Coon Dawg View Post
                Like someone said on an earlier post, I believe we all have gear we are willing to share with those folks who are on the fence just because they believe their uniform, canteens, etc. do not meet the qualifications. They are just going to have to holler and sign up and go.
                Well said.

As a well-known, "gear whore", I would gladly loan out my items to those with the attitude and resolve to experience this. This is an event about attitude and wanting a deeper experience at an event. Naturally, that is who it is appealing to. Contrary, to some statements, one doesn't need a "Trans Miss Impression" for this event. If you are going CS, there really isn't a uniform and that is probably the exception to the norm. All you need is some civie clothing and some CS or US equipment.

Again, glad to have you boys on board and bet that will be an interesting ride over with that motley crew! :shades_sm Sure you will have some stories and laughs about the ride to share with us!

Best Regards
                Jay Stevens
                Tater Mess
                Independent Volunteers
                Iron Man Mess
                Reenactor Preservation Coalition
                Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
                Lost Tribes, October 2009
                Bummers, November 2009
                Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
                The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
                In the Van, August 2010
                Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

All,
                  Just to add to the "gear whore" theme. I have many many extra federal uniforms and accoutrements for loan to. Anyone up to a size 44 will fit them.
                  Cheers:D
                  Terry Sorchy

Comment

DAMN! I was hoping to wear a Sorchy garment... I bet I can wedge my ass into a coat or something... Do I need to return your items in their issued condition or can I return them in the "campaigned" state?
                    Mitchell L Critel
                    Wide Awake Groupie
                    Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Issued would be good but I dont know if I want your ass in one my coats Mitch.The trousers yes but my coat, I dont know. I have 7 extra uniforms and hats to go around though.
                      Cheers:D
                      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Note to both Frank and Terry: The maps are done and will be in the mail shortly. Please e-mail me to confirm the addresses I'm sending them to.:)
                        Tom Smith, 2nd Lt. T.E.
                        Nobel Grand Humbug, Al XXI,
                        Chapt. 1.5 De la Guerra y Pacheco
                        Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
                        Topographer for: TAG '03, BGR, Spring Hill, Marmeduke's Raid, & ITPW

Comment

Working...
                        X