Orderly Scott Busenbark
    2nd Sgt. Tim Arnold
    3rd Sgt. Preston Todd
    Cpl Hyram Bogum
    Cpl. Jeremy Bervard
    Cpl.Will Eichler
    Cpl. David Cravens

1. Apperance:
    The four companies of the 32nd Iowa that we a part of Marmadukes time period were constantly being moved from one part of SE Missouri to the other. So, we need to be dirty. Please do not show up with spotless uniforms. They need to show some wear but nothing like a March to the Sea impression.
    First Person:
    We will maintain first person 100% of the time. If you need to talk about modern issues please leave the camp area and talk in hush tones. The officers and NCO's will enforce this. I do not want to hear about what is on the AC, WWII, Star Wars, College Football(myself and one other Nation Boy are letting tickets to the Iowa game go this weekend. We are just as interested in college football as you are) or anything else.

2. Tents/Gear:
    Shelter tents are wanted. Please bring your shelter tent if you have one.
    Please review the uniform guidelines for this event. Knapsacks are mentioned but you may use a bedroll if you like. Make sure you wear your gear appropriately.

3. Ammo:
    Each participant is expected to bring 100 rounds of ammunition. (This is from battalion) Each should be packaged with percussion caps. You will keep your rounds on your persons.

4. NCO'S:
    Each NCO needs to have the appropriate chevrons. You can buy these from a variety of providers.
    Each NCO needs to have a blank book, pencil and at least one candle.
    You will not need NCO trousers for this. NO Trouser Stripes Please!
    Sergeants: Please bring your sergeants tools. That is if you have one.
    Corporals: Be ready to work and take care of your boys.

5. Supplies:
    We are still in need for a variety of supplies.
    Shovels: At least four-six (please have some sort of sling)
    Spades: At least four-six (please have some sort of sling)
    Axes: We need eight. (please have some sort of sling)
    Ammo Boxes: We need four to six.
    Rope

6. Inspection:
    Before we start off on Friday we will inspect all Co.A gear.
    Here is a list of things we will not allow:
    Wedding rings (I have not yet seen one image of an Iowa soldier wearing a gold wedding band)
    Modern eye wear
    Modern jewelry
    No Cameras
    Modern tobacco products (Modern Chew, Cigarettes)
    Basically if I have to list anything else you should not be in our company.

7. Manuals:
    Please review:
    Casey's Infantry Tactics
    Mahan's Outpost
    We will have picket posts and skirmish so read up. Del Bello's source is a good start.

8. Into the Piney Woods:
    By being in this company you are now invited to be in our company for Into the Piney Woods. Tim Arnold, Preston Todd, Scott Busenbark and Skip Owens and I will meet sometime during the event to discuss Into the Piney Woods.

From the Captain:

Please send me your phone number if I do not have it.
    If you have any questions please feel free to call me 319-341-5885 or e-mail me hheadlog@gmail.com ( I do not have a computer at home. So please call me at home if you have urgent questions.
    Harrison
    Last edited by AZReenactor; 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM. Reason: Groves got broken in Rank...
    sigpic
    Grandad Wm. David Lee
    52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
    - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Re: Company A Command Structure and Information

Originally posted by boozie View Post
    First Person:
    We will maintain first person 100% of the time. If you need to talk about modern issues please leave the camp area and talk in hush tones. The officers and NCO's will enforce this. I do not want to hear about what is on the AC, WWII, Star Wars, College Football(myself and one other Nation Boy are letting tickets to the Iowa game go this weekend. We are just as interested in college football as you are) or anything else.
    Outstanding! Sure this goes without saying at a Campaigner Tactical like this, but a reminder and accountability like this will increase the experience for everyone.

We also have boys giving up Nextel Cup, Maroon 5 and NFL tickets to experience this...FYI

Scott- Great organizational email. One of the best I've seen.

Best Regards
    Jay Stevens
    Tater Mess
    Independent Volunteers
    Iron Man Mess
    Reenactor Preservation Coalition
    Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
    Lost Tribes, October 2009
    Bummers, November 2009
    Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
    The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
    In the Van, August 2010
    Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Masonic and Raffle Questions

Brothers Boozie and Jay,
      Money Order/Registration will be in tomorrow's mail (I get paid this afternoon).

I have these questions two:

Would Missouri Grand Lodge allow us to have a temporary traveling lodge? I have a copy of the official history that says Brothers from the 1st Nebraska were granted this privilege when in the Cape G area and other parts of Missouri later in the war.

Hmmm? I wonder if that traveling lodge ever closed? If not, we certainly have enough men of quality that we could assemble, could we not? If so, I'll contact Nebraska's Grand Lodge for confiirmation.

Last year we held a raffle to help support preservation in this part of Missouri. Frank A (I think?) urged us in a post related to Marmy's to buy raffle tickets. Is this a new drawing? What is the price of admission? What is the object of our affection?

Cheers,
      Paul Hadley
      JW, College View 320, AF&AM
      Paul Hadley

Comment

Originally posted by MO-Pard View Post
        Scott- Great organizational email. One of the best I've seen.
        Well Holler and I have takled some about this a little, but full credit must go to Holler for the email. I do agree with everything in it. Hope to see you there Jay, just not too close up!

Glad your able to make it Paul!!
        sigpic
        Grandad Wm. David Lee
        52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

- Uncle Dave Macon

Comment

Originally posted by boozie View Post
          Well Holler and I have takled some about this a little, but full credit must go to Holler for the email. I do agree with everything in it. Hope to see you there Jay, just not too close up!

Glad your able to make it Paul!!
          Well, Bully job to both of you! You make me want to see about going Federal...(?) Especially, living in that fort! If it's too late this time, I definitely need to fall-in Federal with you sometime.

Paul, I am not sure. Mike Kupsch may chime in as he is steward of our lodge, albeit we are in a KS lodge.

Best Regards
          Jay Stevens
          Tater Mess
          Independent Volunteers
          Iron Man Mess
          Reenactor Preservation Coalition
          Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
          Lost Tribes, October 2009
          Bummers, November 2009
          Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
          The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
          In the Van, August 2010
          Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Boozie,

I just sent a PM for you and Holler with a few phone #'s.

Also, given we have the room in the car I can bring an ammo box.
            One of us in my mess will have a hatchet.
            Also, I would be happy to bring the rope. How much, what size, and any particular type? (yellow nylon right? kidding.......:D)
            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
            Civil War Digital Digest
            Sally Port Mess

Comment

I got the numbers, will get back with you on the rope, getting ready to head out to St. Louis for the weekend.

Originally posted by pvt_jb View Post
              Boozie,

I just sent a PM for you and Holler with a few phone #'s.

Also, given we have the room in the car I can bring an ammo box.
              One of us in my mess will have a hatchet.
              Also, I would be happy to bring the rope. How much, what size, and any particular type? (yellow nylon right? kidding.......:D)
              sigpic
              Grandad Wm. David Lee
              52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

- Uncle Dave Macon

Comment

Pards,

I picked up 150 feet of hemp rope last month here http://www.hemptraders.com/index.php?cPath=25 for a little over $60 bucks. I got the 12mm, but they have an 8mm for .50 cents if you buy over 50 yards. You can always find a good use for rope...always a worthy investment!
                [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Cody G. Farrell[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UpStart Mess[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1"]http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1[/URL]
                ETHC
                [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"]Texas Ground Hornets[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/"]http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/[/URL]
                [I][SIZE="3"][B][U][FONT="Georgia"]Texas State Troops[/FONT][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I] - [URL="http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home"]http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home[/URL]

Comment

Dumb Question.

What does 12 mm translate in to inches? I need it to be at least 1/2 in 3/4 would be better.

Chris Talburt.

Comment

12mm is .472 inches or almost 1/2.
                    use this site to convert:

You can get 50 ft of 12mm hemp rope for $28.00 + shipping at:

Hemp Basics is one of the oldest and largest manufacturers and distributors of the finest hemp products available online. Including hemp and yak wool sweaters, natural hemp clothing and fabrics, yarn, hemp cord and twine, webbing, hemp rope, and much more. Hemp is an environmentally responsible crop and product and Hemp Basics is fully involved in Fair Trade.

If you call in the morning, they usually ship the same day.

Brian Baird

Comment

Half inch is fine Jeremy.
                      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Brian

Thanks for the help. I need a new picket rope for the event. I am only needing 20-30 feet but I guess the extra would not hurt to have in the garage. I had a nice hemp line that has found a new home without me.

Chris Talburt

Comment

Chris,

Hemp Traders has a 20mm (about 3/4") rope too. You might want to check the site's Brian mentioned. I orded from Hemp traders and they got it to me within the week.

Regards,
                          [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Cody G. Farrell[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]UpStart Mess[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1"]http://www.geocities.com/codygfarrell/homepage1[/URL]
                          ETHC
                          [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"]Texas Ground Hornets[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] - [URL="http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/"]http://www.texasgroundhornets.com/[/URL]
                          [I][SIZE="3"][B][U][FONT="Georgia"]Texas State Troops[/FONT][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I] - [URL="http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home"]http://texasfrontierbrigade.googlepages.com/home[/URL]

Comment

Hickory bark can come in handy when you have some other pressing business.
                            Joe Allport

[I]...harbors bushwhackers and bushwhacks himself occassionally...is a shoemaker and makes shoes for all the bushwhackers in the neighborhood.[/I]

Texas Ground Hornets
                            Co. F, 1st Texas Infantry
                            Shoemaker

Comment

If you plan on registering in Company A please drop me a line ASAP!

I also have everyones phone numbers. So, you do not need to send them. Thanks to those that did.
                              Last edited by Hairy Nation Boys; 09-08-2008, 03:22 PM.
                              Nathan Hellwig
                              AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                              "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working...
                              X