Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrivals

Gents,
    If you are arriving on friday morning for the event please try to arrange your driving times and shedules so you will be there no later than 9:00AM friday morning.
    We have to organize company's, get some drill in, have officers and Nco meetings, and have a weapons inspection. I am putting off marching to the site till 1:00 to allow for later arrivals but please try to meet the 9:00AM request. It will just make life alot easier on the planners and organizers.
    Also MAKE SURE your wepon in in tip top condition. It must be clean. Check your ramrods and make sure there are no cracks by the tulip. Each man must have a cone pick, and a worm, cloths to clean the barrel etc.. You all know the drill. I will not allow anyone to participate as an infantryman if his rifle does not pass inspection. You will be detailed to commisary etc..
    Make sure you arrive at the event with a full canteen of water. We are not going to use the wells to fill up canteens friday morning.
    All men should be boning up on their Guards and Pickets, as well as Company and Battalion Drill. I'm not expecting anyone but the Officers and Nco's to give it but I need you to know what they meen when the commands are given.
    More updates will follow.
    Remember you can still get that registration in and attend. We have room for you!
    Cheers
    Terry Sorchy

Re: Arrivals

Hello, Co. A,

I'll be following up in the rear, whether you step off at noon, 1300 or even 1400.

So, I'm to look for "MR" markings on trees to lead me to the fort? I'll get to the site while the sun is still up but you lads will have marched away long before the mighty white land yacht drops anchor near the Black River.

Given some recent comments on the TransMiss discussion board it doesn't sound like a soft, paper collar late-comer like me will fare well if captured. And I was even bringing sweet onions for young Pvt Millard.

Maybe if I start singing, Old Cremona will convince his southron pals to arrange a pardon for me?

See you (I hope!) later on Friday ...

Paul Hadley
    Paul Hadley

Comment

Re: Arrivals

Gents,
      We are going to have istructions on how to get to camp at the parking lot at the marina. You go from the Marina up AA for about 3/4 of a mile or so. There will be another sign at the subdivision entrance that I will put up to lead you to the path. Then there will be another sign with an arrow that you follow about 200 yards to the fort. We will be sending out cav. sporadically throught the day to round up stragglers.
      Cheers
      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Working...
      X