Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extraction from St. Loius

Comrades,
    I am inquiring of the masses here on the board for a ride from the Airport in St. Louis to the event. I have arranged for my gear to get there and a ride back to CT. from thge event but need a one way ride from St. Louis to the event. I can get a plane into St. Louis on friday morning and would need to get picked up from there. Anyone passing through the area or in the area that can help me out?

I'm also willing to fly into another city but cant leave Boston until 9pm on Thursday.
    I am, etc.
    Thomas Gingras
    Awkward Squad Mess
    Columbia Rifles
    Honorary SRR "Yankee"

Re: Extraction from St. Loius

Thomas,
    I will put this up on the ONV website. We have a number of men coming down from the midwest. I'll see what I can do. Who's company are you in?
    Terry Sorchy

Comment

Terry,
      I have waited to register until I can square away my travel plan.
      I am, etc.
      Thomas Gingras
      Awkward Squad Mess
      Columbia Rifles
      Honorary SRR "Yankee"

Comment

What time on Friday morning? Depending on my 9a.m. class, I can probably bail for the event early or at least be in STL by 11a.
        Mark Krausz
        William L. Campbell
        Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
        Old Northwest Volunteers
        Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

Gentlemen,
          I have arranged a ride. thanks for all the help.
          I am, etc.
          Thomas Gingras
          Awkward Squad Mess
          Columbia Rifles
          Honorary SRR "Yankee"

Comment

Yes...

It is good to see another fellow Awkward enroute to this fine event. I was going to be very awkward by my lonesome at Smarmy-dorks's, until another former rent-paying inhabitant of Pine Cottage decided to be bold enough to endure up to 22 hours total travel time in my truck along with myself. Bully for your fortitude and insanity, sir...

Tommy... gimme a call sometime this evening if you see this. We can arrange gear drop-off measures at my AO.

This is going to be an awesome event!

Huzzah for the Union! -Johnny
            Johnny Lloyd
            John "Johnny" Lloyd
            Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
            SCAR
            Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
            Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
            Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
            Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Lonely? Geez!

Chopped Liver Mess,
              [B]Charles Heath[/B]
              [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Heath View Post
                Lonely? Geez!

Chopped Liver Mess,
                But of course I would be lonely if I had no one with me only after I drop you and Mr. Birney off of course, Marse Chawls... :p:D;)

I remain-

Rapmaster DJ J-Honey
                Johnny Lloyd
                John "Johnny" Lloyd
                SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Well, Home Slice, at this point, we need to find out if anyone in Iowa (or going through Iowa) has traded in their vehicles for a fleet of Prius cars or there is still one pick-up truck in the Hawkeye State.

Maybe someone out there in Reenactorland still has a DC 3? I know where one is sitting but the last time I was in that thing it wasn't exactly airworthy, and I'm not so sure the Rigger's School would let that C-47 go anywhere. It may be easier to get that thing in the air than it would be to get my 1952 GMC 7-ton on the road, but I digress....

Sigh.

Will the man with the last pickup truck and or stock trailer in Iowa please contact Uncle Beau at donald.cope@intermec.com

Double Sigh.
                  [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Charles, if our trailor wasnt already full of horses we would have taken care of this, but when you have three horses in a three horse trailor, there isnt much room for that *extra* your talking about.
                    Dan Chmelar
                    Semper Fi
                    -ONV
                    -WIG
                    -CIR!

Comment

Dan,

Uncle Beau explained this to me, and he also let me know the Hollermobile is not a typical raggedy work van, but a nice travel van, so the next question was to whether or not said van has a 2" sleeve that would accept a $59 Sam Walton's Mercantile "tailgater," so both men and (future) meals could ride in comfort, convenience, and most of all -- style!

Baaaaaaa. Baaaaaaaaa. Baaaaaaaaa.

This could work out, or we'll simply superglue the little jokers as live hood ornaments.
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Chawls...

You added your pic... wow. Never thought I'd see the day. :p

Fresh meat for dinner or hood ornaments... niice

-Johnny
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

J-Ho,

Alas, the havelock image from the fabulously fun 69th NYSM 1st Bull Run NPS LH is long gone. Now, that was an avatar!

The background of this image is the second story of the enlisted barracks at Fort Ontario in Oswego, NY. Thank God, the roof is finally repaired.
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

Working...
                          X