Directions to Marmadukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions to Marmadukes

Frank sent this out some time ago. In case you did not get the e-mail...

Just covering bases if any of you did not get this:

Marmaduke's Raid is a month away and as promised here are the directions to the registration/parking area.
    We may have to shuttle you or you may need to drop things off but please check in at registration first. This will be easy to find as the area around the Marina is wide open and we will be at the bottom of the hill as you approach the marina. We will have signs out to point the way. They will flouricent orange in color with the initials "MR" and an arrow to point the way. The first sign will be placed at Hwy 49 and AA

Please be prepared for ticks and mosquitoes. As you all know these things tend to frequent the places we have events. This should come as no surprise. Please take steps to keep yourself healthy.

Google Maps will give you directions from your city to the registration/parking area. From this spot you are roughly 1 mile from the Federal Camp, 1.5 miles from the civilain camp and 4 miles from the CS staging area. People can either walk or be shuttled to the various areas.

The event goes live at 12 noon September 26, 2008. We will shuttle people to their respective areas until 11 AM. At this time Registration will shut down and the shuttles will cease. If you anticipate a late arrival please contact your company commander or coordinator so that you can hook up with your respective groups.
    If you can figure out an ETA please e-mail me and let me know. In this way we can coordinate the shuttles.

Up to now I have done everything in my power to make this a worthwhile event. Over 100 people will be attending Marmaduke's Raid. Once the event starts it will be participants like you that will make the event what it is. Attrition, as with any event is expected, however, it will take people to pull this off. Please remember that your comrades are counting on you to make this a success.

If anyone can help with the shuttling we might need a few extra cars. Please contact me if you are willing to help.

See you on the 26th and have a safe trip.
    Sincerely,
    Frank Aufmuth
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri
Working...
X