Lost & Found at Marmy's Raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost & Found at Marmy's Raid

Ooops! I picked up something that isn't mine, and wish to return it. It is black and white and this is the stinkingest little kitty cat I've ever held.

No, really....if you are the fellow who put a very nice blanket and most of an unpainted ammunition box in the "forward supply depot" shed next to Clay Hunter's house, please contact me. The item is probably yours, so feel free to describe it.

Describe the item you don't have. Finding I have two of them tonight sitting in the underground garage, um, well, uh, geez.... :o
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Re: Lost & Found at Marmy's Raid

I'd like to add a felling axe to the lost list. I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone grabbed the wrong one by mistake.
    John Spain
    4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
    "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Charles.
      Is the ammo box an unpainted box that says enfield cartridges stenciled on it?
      The lid may be at another local.
      Cheers:D
      Terry Sorchy

Comment

I also had a tomato box that did not make it home with me???????? Any one grab it????

RM
        Rod Miller
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
        A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
        1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
        1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
        1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
        1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
        Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
        1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
        Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Rod,
          I have your tomato box. Charles, was the ammo box an enfield unpainted box?
          Cheers
          Terry Sorchy

Comment

To the Confederates
            At our rendezvous point with the wagon I left behind a burlap bag with some pedalite and a brown jug. There were also a number of burlap bags in that sack as well. Thought I left it with the wagons but it seems to have vanished. Anyone see it?
            Frank Aufmuth
            Frank Aufmuth
            When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Sorchy View Post
              Charles, was the ammo box an enfield unpainted box?
              Terry,

Yes, and I do believe it was the ammunition box that originally had the telegraph wire in it.

The lovely and utilitarian item in question now resting in the underground garage here at The Bunker was located with a repop 1851 federal issue blanket from County Cloth with a distinctive cheese curd aroma. Sound like something you might be missing? If so, I can either mail it to you, or bring it along to Into The Piney Woods next March along with the usual tractor trailer load of stuff.
              [B]Charles Heath[/B]
              [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Yup thats the box Charles. Bring it to ATB and I'll get it from you. The blankie isnt mine though. I took all my curds with me saturday morning. Except the ones I left at the sink
                Cheers:D
                Terry Sorchy

Comment

Lost: Some sleep.
                  Found: Numerous redbug bites.
                  Saving for later: Memories galore.

Thanks for putting together one of the most interesting events I ever attended.
                  Paul Hadley
                  Paul Hadley

Comment

Working...
                  X