Mounted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted?

I am just seeing who else is going or thinking of going mounted.

Thanks,

Chris Talburt

Re: Mounted?

Chris,
    We REALLY need mounted CS cavalry. Were trying to get 20 for the event. Its true not all of Marmadukes men had horses but we need a showing at least. I know its not an open area for horses but we do have 800 acres and the real guys did ride it during the war. There are roads and praires there, and the cav will have ample opportunity to take on some federal outposts. Hope to see you there.
    Cheers:D
    Terry Sorchy

Comment

Terry:

I will be there. I am just rying to see who else is going.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks,

Chris Talburt

Comment

Tell your friends and get em signed up. Its going to be a great event.
        Cheers:D
        Terry Sorchy

Comment

Would any of you know or could possible point me in the right direction regarding horse rentals for this event. I would like to go but it would be a small fortune to drive back with mine, especially when the price of gas is expected to to $4.00 a gallon. I am currently planning on going but would rather go mounted.
          Andy Miller
          1st CAL Cav
          [U]Andy Miller[/U]
          1st CAlifornia Cavalry Company A
          [I]"Lying down behind the body of my dying animal, I opened fire with my carbine swaring to kill at least one apache" [U]John Teal 1862[/U][/I]

Comment

I believe you can rent a horse from a gentleman named Don Dement in Piedmont. He boards, shoes & rents horses for trail rides. I'll pm his phone number to you.

There's a feed store just a couple of miles outside of Piedmont that rents equipment: Johnson Feed Store, Highway 34E, 573-223-7340. Very friendly, helpful people.
            [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Silvana R. Siddali[/SIZE][/FONT]
            [URL="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/home"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Star of the West Society[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][B]
            [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cherry Bounce G'hal[/B][/COLOR]:wink_smil

Comment

I'm sure nobody want's a pep talk. just remember that not all horses are used to gun fire. Dom Dalbello's horse (a rental) at Raymond II went ape shit with every volley. I ended up with such a horse once myself and spent Friday night in the emergency room.
              Once again not meaning to give a pep talk. Be safe.
              Frank
              Last edited by Campjacksonboy; 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM. Reason: I caint spel
              Frank Aufmuth
              When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

I agree with Frank. Most average trail riding horses are not desensitized to all of the sights and sounds of a reenactment, which I am sure you know Andy.
                Dan Chmelar
                Semper Fi
                -ONV
                -WIG
                -CIR!

Comment

Chris and/or Dan do you two know approx how many people will be mounted at this event thus far? Do you have the latest registration numbers and/or interested parties? I am wondering how many of us will be in the saddle.
                  Thanks
                  [U]Andy Miller[/U]
                  [I]"Lying down behind the body of my dying animal, I opened fire with my carbine swaring to kill at least one apache" [U]John Teal 1862[/U][/I]

Comment

Andy, We are not all registered, but on the Federal side we have the four in the mess I am in, the Horse Hair Mess, and we will add another two in Tom and Dave of the 1st Maine if they come out. I know Frank doesnt want much more for the Federal side.

Chris will be more informed on the confederate side of things

Dan
                    Dan Chmelar
                    Semper Fi
                    -ONV
                    -WIG
                    -CIR!

Comment

As far as the confederate side. Right now I think that i am the only one registered. There should be 2-3 more sending their in towards the end of this month. A few others I have spoken with are waiting to see what the price of fuel is like closer to the event. So in short...I have no idea.

I will try to post any updates as I get them.

Thanks,

Chris Talburt

Comment

Dan and Chris thanks for the info Chris I am in that boat right now. I have not registered for the same reason. Gas is a little concerning but we are carpooling out. I guess I'll know closer to the event.
                        [U]Andy Miller[/U]

Comment

Working...
                        X