Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Call to Arms! Co. H 21st Texas looking for Good Men!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call to Arms! Co. H 21st Texas looking for Good Men!

I know I've said it here and there, but this is the BIG proclamation....

I'm one of Col. Frank's company commanders at Marmaduke's Raid. And I'm looking for some hardy, stout, and brave souls to accompany me west to drive out those dastardly Dutch Yankees out of Southern Mizzoura. I got the Georgians on board with me and a few brave Volunteer Staters plus my Hoosier comrades as well. I'd like to have some more fine gents from east of the big and scary Mississippi River jine my brave band of Horseless Cavalrymen as we ride... I mean march to glory and run off those Black Hearted Republicans!

Bounties will be paid in full to the men in my company because I only understand too well what we leave to be on the campaign. *

There is still a lot of time in between the upcoming Spring Campaigns and then into fall, but keep this event in mind boys! And!!!! If you are brave enough, man enough, and just a little crazy enough then sign up for Company H, trust me It'll be an experience.

~Herb Coats
    Portraying Capt. John R. S. Alston, Co. H 21st Texas Cavalry (Dismounted)

*Bounties paid in full to the brave soles on site! Bounties are subject to change at the Captain's good or ill will. No exceptions, no refunds, no C.O.D.*

(This message approved by Herb Coats for the "Kick'n the Chesse-Mongers out of Missouri Campaign.)
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Re: A Call to Arms! Co. H 21st Texas looking for Good Men!

I've gotten some verbal commitments from more folks wanting to head west and fall in with my company at Marmaduke's. Also I know some folks have already sent in their registation information. I do know the even is still some months away but I still wanted to give a slight bump to remind the folks that are interested in going.

Frank gave me a little insight in regards to the area we'll be 'playing' in. Needless to say I am most excited. But I won't go into details because we gotta have our surprises right?
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Folks, I'm still looking for some good folks to leave their horses at home and march into the hills of Missourah. We need to drive those Dutchman out and I'll need some help! Sign up now!
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

Herb,

You had better get alot you will need it. On big strong Dutchman is as good as a dozun of your missouri squawler. and as good as two duzen of your Hossiers.

RM
        Rod Miller
        [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
        A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
        1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
        1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
        1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
        1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
        Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
        1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
        Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

Don't ask me why but this last post reminds me of this one Chinese guy I had to teach english to in College. He wrote:
          "I scared his coming."
          I don't know why I still think about that sometimes.
          Anyway yous be lookin out for dat swamp fox.
          Frank
          Frank Aufmuth
          When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Frank and all good Southern minded folks,

You know it takes two to three hulking dim bobbed Dutchmen to do the work of one stout South-Ron. So that's nice that they've got those heathen Dutchies to man the forts. The Hoosiers, well they have intelligence so that's why they've been signing up for the OCN company. :D

All in good fun gents, all in good fun.
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

Bump for the win. Sign up and don't let the kids down!
              Herb Coats
              Armory Guards &
              WIG

Comment

:wink_smilPay no attention to the delusional ramblings of this man! Company F is the one you want to sign up for.
                Michael Comer
                one of the moderator guys

Comment

Well, I think I'll sign up for the fella's avatar that looks like he enjoys reenacting. :tounge_sm

"There are two things that I can't stand in this world; People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers)
                  Kind Regards,
                  Andrew Jerram

Comment

But my avatar was taken when I was in an ecstatic mood. Can't you tell?
                    Michael Comer
                    one of the moderator guys

Comment

No matter which fine gentlemen who are not scared to cross the mighty Mississippi and other such tributaries, this event will be EPIC! And being EPIC in scale I think it would behoove the adventuresome in heart and spirit to SIGN UP NOW for any of the fine companies that the 21st Texas Cavalry has to offer. (I am of course partial to my band of merry brother-men)

My avatar, though taken at the Chick when I was a tad loopy, is just a mere image. Sometimes a little “outside of the box” thinking (which I bring to the table) is what us Johnnies need to drive the Dutchmen out of Missourah for good!
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

If you have a horse and want to bring it you are more than welcome bring him. The majority of the men who were there came in on a horse. Don't let the land scare you. I can tell you that we few mounted men will keep mighty busy.

Chris Talburt

Comment

Well folks here's another bump for Marmy's.
                          Herb Coats
                          Armory Guards &
                          WIG

Comment

I've been very quiet lately. Something about a house or something. Anyways... There is still plenty of room in Company H, or the "Hacienda" Company of dismounted, distilled, and defiant Texicans. We've got good guys signed up and some more would be great as well. Comer's "F-Troop" and Mike Kupsch's crew are good guys. But for a "truely" different experince and a chance to march with Runyon, Civil War Historian Magazine Superstar, you need to sign up for Company H.

Hey I'll share all the cheese that we sack from the Federal's camp. Trust me. That place is going to be a veritible Cheesey gold mine!
                            Herb Coats
                            Armory Guards &
                            WIG

Comment

Herb,
                              Im the protector of the cheese.... Terry has all his reserve positioned to support and protect the holy art thou...

"THE CHEESE SHALL NOT FALL"
                              [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                              [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Working...
                              X