Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co. F looking for recruits for Marmaduke's

Gentlemen:

Just a reminder that I will be commanding Company F at this fine event. I extend an invitation to all those Southerners - and Northerners - of good upbringing and fine breeding (and even those that have no idea what that is) to join me as we undertake to throw the Yankee rascals out of the great state of Missouri this September.

Your support will be most appreciated and all spoils of war, especially any pie that might be procured, will be liberally divided among the men of the company.
    Last edited by Michael Comer; 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: Co. F looking for recruits for Marmaduke's

Don't Let Mike fool ya!!!! You don't need any special kind of Upbringing or breeding, We will take most any scoundrel, vagabond, Bond jumper( hint hint to Coatsy's boys)scurvy varmit,or even lowly kerrs( as in myself)pugs,thugs ,mugs halfwits,dimwits.
    Join F Troop.
    We need all the misfits we can get... "Jonahs" not included...

"Paid for and endorsed by the Hedley LaMarr for recruiting officer campaign"
    Now go do that Voodoo, That You Do ,So Welll!
    Last edited by Shotgun Messiah; 03-26-2008, 10:41 PM. Reason: Durned Missouri Grammer
    Warren Hook
    First Sibley Mess
    New Madrid Guards
    WIG

"...And to Missouri we
    Extend both heart and hand
    And welcome her a sister
    Of our Confederate band
    Tho surrounded by oppression
    No one dare deter
    Her adding to our Bonnie Blue Flag
    Her bright and twelfth star! "

Lyrics, Bonnie Blue Flag, by Harry McCarthy, 1861.

Comment

Warren,

I think based on the signature at the end of your post the post itself goes with out saying

Your Pard
      Rod
      Rod Miller
      [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
      A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
      1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
      1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
      1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
      1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
      Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
      1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
      Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

" Jonahs" not included
        That job is taken.
        Rick Gath
        First Sibley Mess
        New Madrid Guards
        WIG

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Honorary Jonah for Life[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Oh yeah, don't forget crackers. Crackers are welcome to join us too.
          Michael Comer

Comment

Dang, tough standards, i still don't qualify:p.
            Dusty Lind
            Running Discharge Mess
            Texas Rifles
            BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

yeah Dusty
              the guidelines are kind of strict...and I dont' think your Texas enough for the impression:sarcastic
              Don't shoot the Messenger Mike told me to write that.
              Frank
              Frank Aufmuth
              When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Now lads, I'm getting pretty lonely when I look at that registration. A number of you have said you're going to get registered to do Confederate but you're not showing up yet on the lists.

So, go ahead and get those in. The Federals are outweighing us on this and we can't let them get away with that.

And remember, there's room for you in Company F and it would be a pleasure to have you there.
                Michael Comer

Comment

Michael,

Upping the pie bounty just a tad may encourage more men of good breeding and genteel upbringing to jine up.
                  [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                  [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

But what about the Currs and Low-lifes what are we promised.. wanton destruction and depravations beyond compare? Pie means little when there is debauchary at hand.... Now Corn.... Now thats somethin to promise a fella .. I Like Corn!!!
                    Last edited by Shotgun Messiah; 04-27-2008, 12:54 PM. Reason: durned Missouri Grammer
                    Warren Hook
                    First Sibley Mess
                    New Madrid Guards
                    WIG

"...And to Missouri we
                    And welcome her a sister
                    Of our Confederate band
                    No one dare deter

Comment

OK gentlemen, whether you join my company or either of the two fine other commanders' units it is time to get those registrations in.

Fence sitting is past - we need to be getting an idea of how many lads we are going to have in each company and I am sure the organizers need to know also. Frank will need to be letting the Corps folks and landowners etc know how many there are etc. planning is still being done and the event is really not that far away.

Plus, a friend of mine mentioned the other day that his group was wondering whether to register or not since it looked like it might be an awfully small event and the long trip might not be worth it.

Well, the only thing that will keep it from being a small event will be folks registering. The Federals are doing a fine job getting people but our side is moving really slowly.

This is going to be good my friends and we will be helping to save some original Federal forts that have suffered for years from neglect. Now is the time to assist grassroots efforts in saving some things that won't get saved unless people like us step in.

Send in those registrations lads - you won't regret it. That's my promise and the end of my soapbox.
                      Michael Comer

Comment

I'd like to thank Mike for his efforts in rasing a company.
                        I too would like to address those sitting on the fence.
                        First there is nothing "tiny" about this event. There will be over 100 federals.
                        Their names are not on our roles but the Hairy Nation Boys and ONV boys are coming in force. Terry Sorchey is bringing his army. We have a cast of one of Marmaduke's Artillery pieces, ox wagons (with the best Ox driver I have ever met), and some pretty darn good land part of which was one of the original roads. On top of that the scenario and and some of the things happening at Marmaduke's Raid will be stuff that has not been done before.

Waiting for others to sign up is like setting up a bank scare or the Great Stock Market Crash. After all the success of both are determined by the masses. Fear not! You have nothing to fear but fear itself.
                        If we have fence sitters in the CS crowd ,well, you will have missed a good event and you would be using one of the lamest excuses in the reeacting lexicon to justify yourselves. I can see gas prices as a main concern. Perhaps it can be fixed with a carpool; but "there weren't enough people coming?" Of course their aren't, and there never is!

What more this event has a preservation twist. There is an obscure fort in Patterson, Missouri that could use your help. Here is a site that can be preserved and put on the map and there aren't any bulldozers or Wallmarts to worry about. YET!

Certainly this is not a national mega event and there won't be 10,000 people, specators, a funnel stand or porta potties or big circus tents for the great Saturday night dance. As the organizers of Into the Piney Woods have said, "Some type the type but who will walk the walk?"

Whether there are 12 of us in the woods against all those federals, or 120.
                        the event will go on. It would go on if it were me and the 20 civilians living out of a covered wagon. Like I said you have nothing to fear but your own fear.
                        Whoever shows up will constitue the best blood in the hobby and we will accomplish great things.
                        And like every other event, of course it will be worth the trip!
                        Frank Aufmuth
                        Frank Aufmuth
                        When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

I just want to chime in on this as well. There will be many Feds, I'm in the ONV and many of the boys are coming down. Now is the time to jump in if you want to come to a great event. As Frank stated, we'll be there weather it's 10 or 100. The preservation efforts of these type of events are very important to me. Many of us were at Pickett's Mill this past weekend, at the end of the event it was mentioned that there only two sites preserved from the Atlanta campaigns, (in the greater Atlanta area) that's it. Here is a chance to help preserve a great example of the small forts that the Feds built to control SE Missouri. If you interested in assisting us in this preservation effort please send me a PM. If you want to help preserve and serve in Marmaduke's ranks get registered.
                          Robert Gobtop
                          Ol Sipley Mess
                          ONV
                          Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

Frank, maybe you'll attract a few more people if they knew of your musical talent or the ability to attract it. Heck, I'd love to go Johnny just to see one of your Minstrel Shows. But alas, I'm going Blue.

Click for a good time
                            Mark Krausz
                            William L. Campbell
                            Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
                            Old Northwest Volunteers
                            Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

BUMP

This is all about a good thread with lots of info and a pure need for more mongrels in F Troop....

Oh and Mark if you want to see a minstrel show you can surrender to the proper forces we will entertain you with a show we promise.
                              Warren Hook
                              First Sibley Mess
                              New Madrid Guards
                              WIG

"...And to Missouri we
                              And welcome her a sister
                              Of our Confederate band
                              No one dare deter

Comment

Working...
                              X