Re: 4th Arkansas Update

I think I will pick the name of James Pagan:baring_te
    It fits:wink_smil
    Cheers:D
    Terry Sorchy

Comment

Gentlemen,
      I sent this out as an email yesterday but I thought I would post it here as well for those that do not have an email address or incase it was blocked.

The event is only a few days away. First, let me say I appreciate y'all supporting this event and falling in under my command. I hope I live up to the trust and faith you have placed in me. Now on to the important stuff.

I have finalized our command structure though we might have to be a little flexible. Mr. Milbert has informed me that we might have some additional folks from the local area show up. If that is the case I might have to grant some field promotions. However assuming things go as planned Brian Hicks and Herb Coats will be our Sgts. Steve Ewing, Dale Davidson, James Schumann, and Dave Bushmole will be our Corporals. These men are all very experienced and will serve you all well.

We will be using Hardee's Revised Drill Manual. This manual was first printed in Mobile in 1861. It was adapted by General Hardee for use with the Rifled Musket from his original 1855 Light Infantry Tactics for the Rifle.

According to the Weather Channel it will be very cold this weekend for the event. Pack accordingly but remember we will be marching. CS issue or civilian overcoats are allowed. Lucky it should be dry. We will have plenty of firewood in the form of fence rails so we should be able to stay warm.

Our company schedule for the event will be as follows:

Reveille is at 6am each morning.
      Morning reports turned in by 7am to the Adjutant - Kiev Thomason

Saturday

9:30 – CSA Infantry Drill
      11:30 - CSA Infantry Drill
      1:30 - CSA Infantry Drill
      3:30 - CSA Infantry Drill
      4:00pm 4th Ark. March east to Elkhorn Tavern to join with MSG

Sunday

Elkhorn Tavern Only
      8:00am Parade and Inspection
      10:00 – Remembrance
      10:30 - Confederate Infantry Drill
      12:30 – Confederate Infantry Drill (Last demo for 4th Arkansas)

The Georgia contingent is planning to hit the road at around 5am on Friday. That should put us on site around 4 to 5pm. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Drive safely.
      [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
      [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
      [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

We'll Bring SNOW with us:sarcastic:cry_smile:wink_smil:baring_te
        Terry Sorchy aka north pole confederate

Comment

Terry,
          Let's leave the snow up here in the north but it looks like the cold weather will follow us down. Drive safe.
          Brian Baird

Comment

Man it will be good to see you again my friend. It's been a long time. See you there.
            Terry Sorchy

Comment

No need to bring any additional snow, Mother Nature is expected to bring an additional 2-4 inches by Saturday morning!

Ground conditions are currently near the saturation point for moisture, with considerable mud.

V/R,
              Kip
              Kip Lindberg

Comment

Sounds like those of us that missed Winter of 64 will get a chance to experience part of it in Arkansas. See everyone in just a little over 24 hours.
                [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by trippcor View Post
                  Gentlemen,
                  I sent this out as an email yesterday but I thought I would post it here as well for those that do not have an email address or incase it was blocked.

The event is only a few days away. First, let me say I appreciate y'all supporting this event and falling in under my command. I hope I live up to the trust and faith you have placed in me. Now on to the important stuff.

I have finalized our command structure though we might have to be a little flexible. Mr. Milbert has informed me that we might have some additional folks from the local area show up. If that is the case I might have to grant some field promotions. However assuming things go as planned Brian Hicks and Herb Coats will be our Sgts. Steve Ewing, Dale Davidson, James Schumann, and Dave Bushmole will be our Corporals. These men are all very experienced and will serve you all well.

We will be using Hardee's Revised Drill Manual. This manual was first printed in Mobile in 1861. It was adapted by General Hardee for use with the Rifled Musket from his original 1855 Light Infantry Tactics for the Rifle.

According to the Weather Channel it will be very cold this weekend for the event. Pack accordingly but remember we will be marching. CS issue or civilian overcoats are allowed. Lucky it should be dry. We will have plenty of firewood in the form of fence rails so we should be able to stay warm.

Our company schedule for the event will be as follows:

Reveille is at 6am each morning.
                  Morning reports turned in by 7am to the Adjutant - Kiev Thomason

Saturday

9:30 – CSA Infantry Drill
                  11:30 - CSA Infantry Drill
                  1:30 - CSA Infantry Drill
                  3:30 - CSA Infantry Drill
                  4:00pm 4th Ark. March east to Elkhorn Tavern to join with MSG

Sunday

Elkhorn Tavern Only
                  8:00am Parade and Inspection
                  10:00 – Remembrance
                  10:30 - Confederate Infantry Drill
                  12:30 – Confederate Infantry Drill (Last demo for 4th Arkansas)

The Georgia contingent is planning to hit the road at around 5am on Friday. That should put us on site around 4 to 5pm. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Drive safely.
                  Just to add a few items to the list from Captain Corbin...

1) The weather as he said will be a little cool and some light snow on the ground so bring one blanket in your knapsack and one as a bedroll.Make sure you have at least one grd cloth also.
                  2) We are all old hands at this by now so we know this,BRING EXTRA SOCKS !
                  3) Extra shirts would serve you well too.
                  4) When we start marching take off your scarves and overcoats!This will keep you from becoming a dripping mass of coldness.Put them back on when we stop moving.Trust me,this happend at W64 and those few gents will not make that mistake ever again.
                  5) Bring a little extra to eat.When it's cold out your body will need more fuel .Bring what you want but make sure it's up to par.

I will have all the company reports so Sgts need to see me asap.

THANKS!
                  Kiev Thomason
                  a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
                  WIG
                  Armory Guards
                  Forest Park Lodge #399
                  Forest Park GA.

Comment

Working...
                  X