Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Arkansas Thank You

Gentlemen of Co. B 4th Arkansas,

I wanted to thank you all for helping to make this past weekend at Pea Ridge National Battlefield Park a success. You all braved hardships including long distance travels, snow, wind, and bitter cold. This event held special meaning for me. I had a great great uncle that fought and died with the 3rd La at Pea Ridge. So I really wanted to make sure we did well in portraying the men that gave it their all in this battle regardless of unit. I believe we can be very proud of what we did this weekend. I know I am very proud of what our company accomplished and am extremely honored to have had the opportunity to command such a fine group of men.

I have received numerous compliments on our skirmish drill for both Saturday and Sunday. We amazed many with our ability to properly perform as a skirmish line. These compliments came from the park staff, spectators and fellow living historians. I echo these compliments. You all did an outstanding job performing as skirmishers. While we were a little rusty during our first demonstration, we continued to improve with each successive one. By Sunday we really were working well together. It was impressive.

I want to thank our Sergeants and Corporals. Herb, Brian, Steve, James, and Pogue all did a great job seeing to the welfare of the men. It seemed every time I thought of something that needed to be done from canteen details to cleaning weapons, these men already had it well in hand. Great job gentlemen!

With the success of this event and with all the improvements the park has planned, there is already talk of returning for the 150th Anniversary. I know if we do I will be there. Pea Ridge is one of the most beautiful National Battlefield parks I have set foot on. It is also one of the most pristine. Based on the projects the park has on tap including tripling the size of the Visitors Center, returning the period roads to their 62 appearance, putting up new split rail fences where they were in 62, taking up paved parking areas, planting orchards where they were in 62, and other projects to return the landscape to its 1862 appearance, this park will set the bar for what all other Battlefield parks should be. I can not wait to see it.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]
Working...
X