Where Reauxbarb comes from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Reauxbarb comes from

After working around the place this afternoon I fixed supper...I boiled some crawfish ! And after much conversation with the Coonasses I have now seen that Reauxbarb is the yellow stuff ( some say it's fat) that comes off the tail when you pop it out the head. Made perfect sense to me when I saw it for myself.

So the mystery is sloved, Reaxubarb is the part of the crawfish that makes it taste jus raight !

Now to show dem real Yankee's and dem Faux Louisiana boys what Reauxbarb looks like I took some pictures to dockument.

The first picture shows the rig, the second where the Reauxbarb comes from, the third what the water looks like when prepared properly, the fourth what the Reauxbarb momma looks like when boiling, and the fifth and sixth what the Reauxbarb looks like when still on the tail.

The problem is solved, now we know where Reauxbarb come from.

I posted this here because of the Reauxbarb discussion that is taking place in the Co. E thread.
    Last edited by boreguard; 05-20-2008, 05:29 PM.
    Dennis Neal
    "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
    David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
    Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
    [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
    J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Re: Where Reauxbarb comes from

CPT Danis,
    Now, since I know 26 words of Cajun French and I have lived with the Yankees in WI for three weeks, I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject matter of identifying Rouxbarb....And I do believe your right. Now, since I am back in Mississippi, how about boiling me some Rouxdads?

Comment

Working...
    X