Company B, Rise up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company B, Rise up!!

Again you all proved you are the foot cavalry. We were small but you carried your weight and more. To all the men from the Ohio valley, NC, and MD; my hats are off to you and you have my thanks. I hope to see you all in the rank and file later this year.

Scuba
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B]Steve Ewing[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][URL=http://tarwatermess.homestead.com]Tar Water Mess[/URL]
    [URL=http://ghti.homestead.com]GHTI[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"There is something in the very air which makes every Kentuckian a soldier." Z. Taylor[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: Company B, Rise up!!

I can only echo Steve. That was a fine company to lead, quite a few new faces and inspite of that we came together really well and steped up to the plate. I had a splendid time and would field with any of you fellows again.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

Enjoyed serving as orderly sgt for Co. B. My first occassion in that role in a number of years.

Thanks to all who served alongside me!
      Paul Calloway
      Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
      Proud Member of the GHTI
      Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
      Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Thanks Guys for the great weekend. Glad I was able to put in what I could when I could.....

Off now to write my new book.

Dano and the Magic Haversack
        Thanks
        Daniel MacInnis
        Adair Guards
        Commonwealth Grays
        [URL="http://www.westernindependentgrays.org"]WIG[/URL]
        [URL="http://www.westernfederalblues.org"]Western Federal Blues[/URL]

Comment

Glad to be able to serve once again with such a great company. Officers and NCO's were great as well as the rest of the men! It was good to see old faces again and meeting new one's.
          Thanks to the Liberty Rifles for coming out and falling in with us once again. You guys are incredible!!!
          All together, Suba Steve loved us so much...he is speechless!...no pun intended:sarcastic
          Micah Trent
          Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
          Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

Great company to serve in. As an Easterner, thought I'd be kind of out of place, but after seeing my 'cousin' from Glendale and a few other familiar faces, I felt right at home. Trying to hide a Delmarva swamp accent is tough, but it was worth it. Our NCO's did a great job. Our officers were superb. Put all together, Pickett's Mill '08 is definately on my top five events ever. And I made my flight with an hour to spare...
            Billy Birney
            William Birney
            Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
            Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Just thought that I'd let everyone know that I had such a great time and you all did such a damn fine job....that when I went to Disney with the family today... that the first place I went was the Hall of Presidents and told ol Abe himself what a damn fine job company B did! lol

And I can't think of a better present in the world for my birthday on Sunday...then rolling up those Southern boys from their position to damn near to Atlanta!

All in all, one of the most enjoyable events that I have attended! I hope to see a lot of you boys at another event soon.
              Andrew Martin
              GHTI/WIG

"Schedule... for anyone who gives a sh*t"
              150TH Manassas July 22-24 2011 (Highlight was finding a 6 pack of piss warm Old Style beer in "Tent City" for $20 bucks! on Sat. best purchase I think I've ever made)
              200th Battle of Tippecanoe Nov. 5-7 2011 (Wow.. a moving and emotional event, had our 4th US Infantry colors dedicated the right way)
              150th Shiloh Mar 30- Apr 1 2012

Comment

Working...
              X