Thanks to all!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all!!

I justed wanted to once again thank all those that attended the Battle of New Hope Church event this past weekend. From the post I have seen so far and the phone calls I have had everyone enjoyed themselves. I hope everyone was able to taken something special way from the event.

We will be posting the final preservation donation information in a couple of weeks once we work out all the expenses and such.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
    [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Re: Thanks to all!!

Awesome event yet once more! Well worth flying in again for!

Thanks to all that did the hard work to make it happen!

:D

Great to see everyone too.

-Johnny Lloyd
    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM.
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Hey Tripp,

Thanks for the memories!!

Comment

Tripp,
        I think everyone is thinking it so I'm gonna say it.... we're going to be talking about this one, with reverence and all, for quite a long time. Thanks Tripp, Coley, John and the park and all the "behind the scenes" guys.
        Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
        WIG/GVB
        In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

What can I say? Awesome I think summs it up rather well.
          Robert Collett
          8th FL / 13th IN
          Armory Guards
          WIG

Comment

Tripp,
            That was a great event! Definitely had a blast in th 14th LA Co. A! The wow moment I would say was when we made the suprise charge on the federals after the cannon blast saturday evening. The looks on their faces (expecially the picketts) was totally priceless! Looking forward to more events in the future!
            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Brandon Dorrill
            Armory Guards
            Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
            Proud descendant of Pvt. William A. Fuller
            39th Alabama Volunteer Infantry Co. E
            [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by CSARebel54 View Post
              Tripp,
              That was a great event! Definitely had a blast in th 14th LA Co. A! The wow moment I would say was when we made the suprise charge on the federals after the cannon blast saturday evening. The looks on their faces (expecially the picketts) was totally priceless! Looking forward to more events in the future!
              I was one of the pickets in the center. I was looking before hand and everything seemed normal. No sign of anything different. Went to take a drink from the canteen when the cannon went off. Next thing you know, all hell broke loose and seen several johnnies running at me and yelling. Didn't even have time take a shot. Just grabbed my stuff and ran for the works! It was my "Oh sh*t" moment of the event. Was glad to be part of that!!! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Micah Trent
              Tar Water Mess/Mess No. 1
              Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Comment

I too need to say thank you to a number of people.

First the staff of Jim Butler, Tom Klas and Buddy Jowers (Pete in spirit) for the effort this weekend. You guys were everywhere doing whatever had to be done. Great job.

To the battalion soldiers, holy crap you guys were amazing. Up hill, through brush or into the mouth of cannon you were quick to react and intense in every action.I consider myself lucky to have carried the sword for this one. Special thanks go out to Steve Ewing, Paul Jerram, Ken Giddens and Terry Sorchy for leadership, enthusiasm and ability. Great people make great events.

Lastly thanks Tripp, Coley and Robbie for trusting me to work on the federal side of New Hope Church. In the 20 years in the hobby this one is hard to beat.

A last thougth for our imaginations. How impregnable would our Saturday night works been, in two three days, with pioneers like we had?

Steve Acker

Comment

I'd like to thank all for allowing me to attend, this year. I managed to get quite a few great images. The "Ladies of the Hood" were charming hosts, as well. I had a wonderful time and looked forward to the next one.

Wendell Decker of Vintage Image Studios
                  Wendell R. Decker

Comment

Originally posted by Micah Trent View Post
                    I was one of the pickets in the center. I was looking before hand and everything seemed normal. No sign of anything different. Went to take a drink from the canteen when the cannon went off. Next thing you know, all hell broke loose and seen several johnnies running at me and yelling. Didn't even have time take a shot. Just grabbed my stuff and ran for the works! It was my "Oh sh*t" moment of the event. Was glad to be part of that!!! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I believe myself and a few other "AG" boys were the first on the line for that suprise, that was a very cool "period moment". It kind of felt good too because our " OH SH*T " moment was being pushed back earlier that day towards that death trap of a bridge, on top of the ridge. I was trying to pull back a fallen comrade and quickly found myself almost surrounded by you boys. Pulling out thru the privets, narrowly escaping, unfortuatly leaving our dead behind. Great job by everyman that attended!! It's all still kind of blur at the moment.
                    Eric N. Harley-Brown
                    Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Had a great time in Co. A, 14th LA. We seemed to be in the thick of it several times. Made a lot of good memories. Thanks to all the folks behind the scenes that helped put this together.

Tony Patton
                      Blue Ridge Mess
                      Armory Guards
                      Tony Patton

Comment

Talk about "Oh sh*t" moments...

I was the first picket out when we entrenched on Saturday... I was also the farthest forward of our line behing a tree...

Remember that first faux attack??? Well, the grey line kept getting closer, the rebel yells kept getting louder, the muskets kept creeping- in and the cannon was going-off doubletime...

At that moment, no matter what I did as an individual, I couldn't stop them on my own.

I turned back to my messmate/fellow picket in 2nd plt/E Co. , Mr. Barnard, and told him to "run like hell" with me back to the works...

Most of you know me as a happy-go-lucky type, but I'm NOT joking when I say I TRULY haven't felt a moment like that since I was in Iraq.

Realism crept-in pretty quickly, at that moment.

-Johnny
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                        SCAR
                        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

I was with Mr. Lloyd and Mr. Trent on the picket line for the suprise attack... I had taken off my blanket roll, haversack, and canteen, and was happily munching my dinner of hard crackers and pork. I heard the cannon, looked up and saw the oncoming wave. I said to myself: "Oh Crap" and hurredly grabbed my things, absquatculated and vamoosed. In my rush to safety Iwas forced to abandon my pork!:cry_smile I learned to never take my traps off on picket post, no matter how quiet and passive the opposing lines appear...
                          Yours, &c
                          Adam Clark
                          -Pumpkin Patch Mess

"I really feel that we've stepped into our ancestor's shoes, but... those shoes suck."
                          Connor Clune

Comment

Thanks to Tripp and Robbie and the other members of the 14th LA for a GREAT weekend. Well worth the drive and gas $$$ from Virginia. The suprise attack was a blast and the Scooby Doo look on the Federals faces was incredible. Had nightmares about Yankees chasing me all night on Sunday when I got home. Thanks again for the memories, look forward to a trip down south again soon.
                            Thomas W. Tarkenton III
                            1st Sgt 11th VA Co G
                            Blue Ridge Mess

Comment

Yea, kind of the cool thing the about the suprise attack was that, many of us purposely left off our jackets, hats, and the like, to give somewhat of an "aint' nothing going to happen feel". I myself had my jacket over my accouterments (which I later found, was historically accurite to the Atlanta campaign, in fact) and left my hat off. The latter, mainly because I knew we'd be moving fast both in advance and retreat.
                              Last edited by Mtn.Guerilla; 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM.
                              Eric N. Harley-Brown
                              Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Working...
                              X