Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co B, 14th Lousianna Sharpshooters

Gentlemen,

I know I told you all thanks for your hard work after the event, but want to take time to do so once again. I never heard a single complaint and you all responded as veterans under fire; and we did fight some mighty rough fights out there. Your attitude and willingness to take the fight to the enemy not only showed your spirit, but was worthy of the men we portrayed. They were a tough bunch of men and I am sure they would have been extremely proud and honored in our conduct under fire.

My NCO's were the best and I could not have got it done without you gentlemen. You took good care of the men, and got whatever I needed you to do done without hesitation. It made my job so much easier and just proves once again that the NCO's are the back bone of any army.

My hat goes off to each and everyone of you; I hope we can all serve once again together.

Please pray for a quick recovery of our brother that was bitten by the snake. In all my years of doing this, I have never known of anyone getting snake bit. It was truly unfortunate that it happened at this event.
    Michael A. Kupsch, 32°
    Grand Junior Warden, Grand Lodge of Kansas AF & AM
    Past Master Wyandotte Lodge #03

[email]tatermess_mike@yahoo.com[/email]
    The Tater Mess
    The Widow's Son Mess
    WIG's
    [url]http://members.tripod.com/the_tater_mess/[/url]

Re: Co B, 14th Lousianna Sharpshooters

Thanks company B and thanks to company A as well. The charges ya'll made on Saturday afternoon were by far the best I've seen. It was hot and alot of fun. I was proud to portray Louisiana once again. See everyone at Marmadukes', Piney Woods and Bummers.
    T.J. Bruegger
    [B][FONT="System"]Tater Mess[/FONT][/B]

"That's right dude, the beauty of this is it's simplicity; once a plan gets too complex, everything can go wrong. If there's one thing I learned in Nam..." Walter Sobchak 1991

Comment

Mike,
      The boys from North Carolina had a pretty good time in Company B.

Ernest Dollar
      NSR
      Ernest Dollar

Comment

Ditto to what TJ said about our sister company, Company A. It was a pleasure working with Robbie and his men. Both companies worked very well together, supporting each other during critical times of conflict. It was an honor and privilage working with you gentlemen in Company A.

Brother Hicks, thanks for the sage advice when needed. Robbie, thanks so much for your kind words given at the event.
        Michael A. Kupsch, 32°

The Tater Mess
        The Widow's Son Mess
        WIG's

Comment

Ernest,

It was my pleasure to have you fine gentlemen. Damn if Pete doesn't make the best ash cakes!
          Michael A. Kupsch, 32°

The Tater Mess
          The Widow's Son Mess
          WIG's

Comment

Originally posted by M_Kupsch View Post
            Brother Hicks, thanks for the sage advice when needed. Robbie, thanks so much for your kind words given at the event.
            Brother, you are most welcome. I hope that I didn't overstep my boundaries on the one or two occasions I came over to offer advise prematurely.

And as always, it was pleasure seeing you, Jay and the other fellows from west the big scary river.
            Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

A damn fine weekend with Co. B to be sure! It was great to have such a good group of fellows from different units and messes like the Taters, North State Rifles, and Stonewall Brigade. You all were first rate!

My sergeants and corporals really made my job much easier. I had to be the bearer of bad news in a few cases, and my NCOs carried out the orders with prompt effectiveness. I couldn't have asked for better.

As always, it was great to see pards and make some new ones. I only hope that my efforts as your orderly were satisfactory.

I was happy to hear that Phil Maddox was released from the hospital quickly after his arrival and safely on his way home. Phil, you really freaked the boys out!

I wish that I could write more but there are simply too many memories to know where to start.
              Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Working...
              X