What were you hungry for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were you hungry for?

After Liz, Cam, hubby and myself left Pickett's Mill, all we could talk about is what we wanted to eat... cheese burgers and french fries!!! So we stopped at McDonalds. Later up the interstate we decided we had to have... ice cream!!! So we stopped at Dairy Queen and indulged in frosty treats. That food tasted sooooo good.

What did you crave after leaving the park Sunday?

Cheers,
    Carrie
    Carrie Craddock

Re: What were you hungry for?

Arizona Green tea and anything besides 'tack and bacon... Oh, and a cigarette
    Billy Birney
    William Birney
    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

At the event I really didn't think about real food, I was kinda in the moment. After the event was a different story. Several of us went to the Golden corral and gorged ourselves on the buffet (or as my Buckeye friends get a chuckle out of, "the buh-fay"- of the Georgia vernacular). After several plates full of food and a few gallons (no kidding) of sweet tea, we were officially good to go.:)

On a side note, that Marlboro that I bummed off of Coley had to be the most appreciated smoke ever.
      Last edited by C.R. Henderson; 06-03-2008, 07:06 PM. Reason: typo
      Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
      WIG/GVB
      In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Shower & Sleep
        [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
        [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
        [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Driving back,several of us stopped off at a Chinese place to gorde on egg rolls and sweet and sour chicken.Each of the other three fellows got only two plates,where I got several.While it looked kind of slezzy,it was actually pretty good food.Of course,that could be all the potatos and slab bacon talking.
          Cullen Smith
          South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

I didn't really think about it much, actually. I thought the food we had was actually very good and healthy. As long as I've got my coffee in the morning I'm set. So I was happy. Only then when we were driving home someone mentioned pizza... :)
            Anna Allen
            <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
            [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

For some reason, after being at an event and sweating so much, I crave lots and lots of starch! Happens every single time after an event. The food over the weekend was very healthy and filling, but sometimes you gotta indulge yourself. As a nutrition and food science major, I usually stay away from the fast food stuff, but after a hot event, it seems to hit the spot!! :D
              Elizabeth Landrum
              IR Team Mom

Comment

Ryan's Buffet, I think the 10 of us that went had close to 30 platefuls total
                [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B]Steve Ewing[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][URL=http://tarwatermess.homestead.com]Tar Water Mess[/URL]
                [URL=http://ghti.homestead.com]GHTI[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"There is something in the very air which makes every Kentuckian a soldier." Z. Taylor[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Two words...Cracker Barrel! The Independent Rifles made sure that the one we visited would never be the same again.
                  [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"]Jason Thibodeaux[/FONT][/SIZE]
                  Independent Rifles
                  Swamp Angels
                  Pelican Civil War Lodge #1861

Comment

Steak, medium-rare. Thank you Ryan's!
                    Yours, &c
                    Adam Clark
                    -Pumpkin Patch Mess

"I really feel that we've stepped into our ancestor's shoes, but... those shoes suck."
                    Connor Clune

Comment

Bud-Light and a smoke, right after...then Fried Chicken. Boiled Shrimp and corn with Kendayl Jackson when I got home.
                      Last edited by Dale Beasley; 06-04-2008, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Yo quiero Taco Bell...

But we didn't get any... Brother Kiev and I went to a great Italian place after a cool swim in his grandma's pool.

I have had Italian food in Italy and the food I had there was better than some of the times I ate it in Italy. Amazing...

Maybe it was because I was darned hungry, but I don't think so.

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                        SCAR
                        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

I domanated Chicken Fried Chicken at a Cracker Barrel with thibodeaux and the IR...
                          Tyler Gibson
                          The Independent Rifles

Comment

A bag of 15 White Castles lasted me the 12+ hours it took me to drive home. The combo of the me and the sliders left quite an interesting oder in the car. :sick:
                            Last edited by unclefrank; 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM.
                            Frank Perkin

Comment

I was thinking ARBY"S, but it was on the other side of the highway so it was one of those new shakes at Wendy's. Later that afternoon went to a cousins wedding and enjoyed the open bar and buffet. Great times.
                              Sean Cooper
                              [URL="http://www.mossycreekmess.com"]http://www.mossycreekmess.com[/URL]
                              SCAR

Comment

Working...
                              X